Deleted

Red face So many gems, so many options! (or not?) Needing goldmaking advice :)

Hey. So I'm sick *cough cough lungs on the wall* at home and braindeaded for an hour or so buying and prospecting elementium ore. Most fun I could get at this state.

And now I'm left with a grand stash of gems, unsure how to make biggest profit out of them. Could use some advice from veteran gold makers

My professions are JC, Tailoring, Alchemy, Engineering. I guess it's pretty irrelevant but putting it out in case I missed something.

I took all of the carnelians and hessonites and Alchemy'd them into blue gems. I'm left with:

- 235 Nightstones
    - 120 Alicites
    - 217 Zephyrites
    - 133 Jaspers

- 84 Inferno Rubies
    - 110 Ember Topazes
    - 35 Amberjewels
    - 51 Ocean Sapphires
    - 34 Emeralds
    - 39 Demonseyes

And a need for tons and tons of gold.

Is it profitable to turn Alicites and Jaspers into recipe rings/necklaces or should I try to sell them alone? What to do with Zephyrites?

I have a friend who said he can DE items for me (oh was he oblivious about what he was possibly getting into :P). But I don't really know how many things drop from 1 item.

Say, I use 2 nightstones for an item. 2 of them are possibly around 50 gold profit on AH on a good day. Am I better off making items from them or waiting to sell on AH? Could use someone with enchanting knowledge to tell me, please

Is there something I can do from the blue quality Blue, Yellow and Green gems? They're REAL cheap on AH. Any items I could make of these?

Is there some trick I might use that I don't know about?

Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, just a note , that i am talking what i would do and also you need to check prices on your AH.One more thing i will say what i would do to make quick money since you probably dont have time/wouldnt wanna wait until you need Nightstones are dailys or something.

Let's start:
    - 235 Nightstones - Sell them on the AH.If the price is low,and maybe price of enchanting mats is high ( which i doubt) make rings and DE them.If both options listed from above doesnt work cut them into low quality gems and sell them to the vendor ( FIRST CHECK IF THE PRICE IS 9G , since they said they are going to change that so i dunno if they did.)
    - 120 Alicites - Same as above check prices.If low make low quality gems.
    - 217 Zephyrites - Same as above.
    - 133 Jaspers - You should check price of these on AH since sometimes price for these is preety high.

Works for all above:You could Transmute them to get shadowspirits diamonds ,get meta recipes and cut them,but i would recommend this since it requires time to sell them and also with quantity of gems you have,it would take some time.

I will give you list of gems which sold best on my realm so check if it works for yours:
    - 84 Inferno Rubies - Bold,Delicate and Brilliant inferno rubys
    - 110 Ember Topazes - Reckless and Adept
    - 35 Amberjewels - As for these i just vendor them since the price is usually 5g for almost every yellow gem.
    - 51 Ocean Sapphires - Solid ocean sapphire ,Sparkling and sometimes Rigid
    - 34 Emeralds - Lightning dream emerald
    - 39 Demonseyes - Veilled and Glinting Demonseye

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

Hello!

I started leveling my Paladins JC again today, got from 450 to 500 and made a nice bit of profit!
    The way I did it, I bought Hessonite's a lot, and made them into the Rings, then I asked a guildie to DE all of them for me. Last batch of rings I did was 17(483 -> 500), I got:

3x Heavenly Shard
    22x Hypnotic Dust
    7x Greater Celestial Essence(They were Lesser but I turned 'em into Greater!)

Prices on MY server(Terokkar-Alliance):

Hessonite 6-9g
    Heavenly shard 33-38g
    Hypnotic Dust 6-9g
    Greater Celestal Essence 45-50g

I created a item for about 15-18.5g and It got me around 25-50g from 1 ring depending on luck and chances of blue rings.

This is a very good method if you can get a Enchanter friend to DE your stuff. It makes a very nice profit at higher numbers(+100 rings at once)

Deleted
    Make Carnelian spikes from excess carnelians and DE them, unless inferno rubies are really high and you can transmute them and sell them fast (can happen on an odd occasion, usually not worth the trouble). Also puissant dream emeralds sell as well as those mentioned above, as well as deadly ember and fierce ember topazes, although at a lower rate (about the same as all non-red gems).
    However it's not worth keeping more than a stock of say 10 non-infernos at any time, since they don't sell that fast. I keep a few, 4-5 of each on AH and 10 in stock, and vendor all the remaining yellow/green/blue/orange gems, regardless of quality, just not worth the deposits usually. I may keep ember topazes if I get them directly from prospecting, I'll never go transmute anything else than occasional rubies if market is high for them.
    With the cut uncommon gem vendor price nerf the floor of loss is certainly closer, but the worst case scenario never happens. Key is to buy ore in bulk and stalk the AH a bit for low prices. You won't get anywhere buying 10 stacks and losing money on bad rng, it evens out in massive prospect sessions (which are about as exciting as watching paint dry, but that's another story), talking about 100+ stacks of ore at least.
    Vendoring shit gets you at least half your money back directly, rest is insane profit from rubies and even more insane profit from DE'd carnelian spikes. My track record this week has been 7-8k profit from a 3k investment daily. One caveat applies, you gotta check and relist a lot since essence+gems market is pretty competitive so you have to stay on the ball or sell nothing.
    Also, patience, if prices are crap and things don't sell well, just wait it out, it's the way market fluctuates. Make a daily "cap" of what you're going to sell (you'll quickly see how much stock your server can realistically intake per day) and don't push over it - there's no sense in posting 2 stacks of some demonseye cut that possibly 4 people buy in a day. Always be on the lookout for cheap ore though, it's better to have a few thousand ore in store for when the supply runs short and the price is high - usually gems pick up in price as well and sell better.
    One more thing I can add is - diversify. Split your investment into multiple different cuts, even if they're not really good priced at the moment, it'll average out better and usually have less competition (since nobody will want to post when prices are low - however you can and you WILL make money). Get as many recipes as possible, and never underestimate the power of noobs - people will buy the most bizarre gems and stick them in their gear.
    Experiment a bit, don't rush into anything though until you get a feel of your servers market.

It depends on your servers economy.

Download this addon: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...recrusher.aspx
    It uses data from auctionater/auctioneer and calculates the best way to sell the gems, either cut, uncut, xmuted, crafted and then de'd, etc

I use this addon casually and there are days where I've made 15k gold in only a couple of hours. It's really underrated if you ask me

Deleted
    I would have made them into metas instead. Only orange and red might give a slight profit if you get proccs but the rest is pure loss. It's even better to just cut them and sell to store.

Still, your server might be different. On mine, reds sold for 70-90g, orange 20-70g and the rest 3-15gish. Metas however, if you have all the good recipies (str+crit, agi+crit etc.) sell like hot cakes and you can make a tidy profit from them too.

Deleted
    Check your servers AH, but pretty much what Priestamgpwn says

Sometimes Ember meta's are very nice to make aswell, and better than vendoring the green quality gems that you simply can't cut or de for profit (again check your servers AH).

Deleted
    You really need to check your server's economy to find out the most profitable way to do this. Wowhead has some nice statistics about how many of each enchanting material you can get by disenchanting the items you craft with jewelcrafting. Also, if you are going to do any transmuting you want to make sure your alchemist is a transmute master as the procs pring in a very nice profit!

Here's how I do my shuffling. I use my alchemist transmute master and enchanter to process the stuff into the most profitable form.

I cut the rare gems and sell the cut versions in the AH. Sometimes I've also sold some uncut rares for a very high price, higher than if I had cut them, when there hasn't been any uncut gems of that type in the AH (as you probably already know, people buy the uncut and ask a JC they know to cut them into a type of gem that isn't being sold in the AH at that time).

With the uncommon gems I do the following:
    1. Since the patch the meta gem prices have been very good so I transmute some meta gems on my transmute master first. When I think I've got enough to last until my next prospecting session, I stop.
    2. I transmute the rest of the carnelians and sometimes also hessonites into rare gems on my transmute master, depending how much stuff is going for in the AH. If hessonites are not worth transmuting, I make Hessonite Bands.
    3. I make jewelry out of all the alicites and most of the jaspers (some I save for the JC daily). I disenchant the uncommons and sell the rare ones in the AH for 50g-200g each. The rare jewelry is quite popular because for level 79 character ilevel 300 gear are quite a nice deal.
    4. I sell nightstones and zephyrites in the AH. Zephyrites sell a lot less frequently than nightstones though and I sometimes end up vendoring the uncut gems. Do not cut them anymore as the vendor price has dropped from 9g to 75s for the cut uncommon gems.

At last, I use the enchanting materials for crafting enchantment scrolls and sell those for a good profit. This might not be something you can do though as you don't have your own enchanter. In my opinion asking someone else to craft you stuff with their profession so that you may sell that stuff in the AH and compete with them is not nice. Imagine someone coming to you, asking you to cut gems and then undercuts your gems in the AH with one copper (this has actually happened to me in the past, hence the principle). You can always ask though, maybe your enchanter friend isn't using his profession for money making and doesn't mind.
    Last edited by mmoc060f1486cb; 2011-05-09 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestamgpwn View Post
    First of all, just a note , that i am talking what i would do and also you need to check prices on your AH.One more thing i will say what i would do to make quick money since you probably dont have time/wouldnt wanna wait until you need Nightstones are dailys or something.

Let's start:
    - 235 Nightstones - Sell them on the AH.If the price is low,and maybe price of enchanting mats is high ( which i doubt) make rings and DE them.If both options listed from above doesnt work cut them into low quality gems and sell them to the vendor ( FIRST CHECK IF THE PRICE IS 9G , since they said they are going to change that so i dunno if they did.)
    - 120 Alicites - Same as above check prices.If low make low quality gems.
    - 217 Zephyrites - Same as above.
    - 133 Jaspers - You should check price of these on AH since sometimes price for these is preety high.

Works for all above:You could Transmute them to get shadowspirits diamonds ,get meta recipes and cut them,but i would recommend this since it requires time to sell them and also with quantity of gems you have,it would take some time.

I will give you list of gems which sold best on my realm so check if it works for yours:
    - 84 Inferno Rubies - Bold,Delicate and Brilliant inferno rubys
    - 110 Ember Topazes - Reckless and Adept
    - 35 Amberjewels - As for these i just vendor them since the price is usually 5g for almost every yellow gem.
    - 51 Ocean Sapphires - Solid ocean sapphire ,Sparkling and sometimes Rigid
    - 34 Emeralds - Lightning dream emerald
    - 39 Demonseyes - Veilled and Glinting Demonseye
    gems don't cut for 9g anymore, they cut for .75g and sell to vendor uncut for 5g.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GodTier View Post
    gems don't cut for 9g anymore, they cut for .75g and sell to vendor uncut for 5g.
    Tnx for info ^^ Havent found any in patch notes

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

It's too late now, but I think you should have transmuted at least some of your uncommon gems into Shadowspirit Diamonds. As others have said, the prices for both uncut and cut versions have gone up a lot since the patch.

Also, you have amassed quite a lot of gems there. On my server (and we are not a low population server) it would take many days, even weeks to unload that many gems. But then again, if you managed to buy that many ore in a relatively short time, your AH might see much more traffic than mine does.

In the end nobody will be able to tell you what to do, you will have to check your AH.