Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by xotrem View Post
    On my server people are still waiting 30 and 40 minutes. The only difference is they now have a lot greater chance of having a crap tank or healer, LOL.
    It's working by extended Battlegroups (ie : multiple battlegroups pulled together), not by server.

And honestly i find it hard to see how the CtA could even remotely be responsible for longer queues....
    It can only have 2 effects :
    - none, because it doesn't put more people into tanking/healing
    - reduction of queues because more people queue.

You need to compare the Release Cata HC queues with what they were before, Zandalari ones are DUBBED to be longer to the higher gear and ability requirement AND the fact that they take longer (it's not unusual to be the 1h15 or more in those instances sadly, and it's not often you'll go under 45 mins, while all the old ones maybe excluding Deadmines are done on average under 40 mins, some in 20).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowpunch View Post
    Exp/hit cap is hard to hit.
    If nothing else proved you're a bad player before, this certainly did. Anyone that plays a tank worth half a lick knows that you don't even go for expertise or hit caps.

You prove yet again why some people's queue time has not gone down. Tanks and healers came out of their holes to try and get some nice rewards, saw that most DPS players are still mentally challenged, and went back to running with guildies or not going at all.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

*Waves magic wand at OP*

I give you DPS....the ability to solo the old dungeons for the mounts you want a shot at! Also as an added bonus, the license to queue up in the easiest spec where you can hide behind 2 others and be totally carried!

There, now it is even.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the love of jeebus, how about a swift kick in the ass and a STFU to help you feel like a special snowflake.

Deleted
    a cta bag is nothing compared to listening how shit a healer we seem to be when the tard dps decided's that they want to stand in shit...only for the healer or tank to be called a noob......roll a tank or healer to see how much shit we get

Deleted
    I play a DPS for big numbers But i am trying to get a tank spec running because the queue times are still 24 mins for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will admit after doing to CTA several more times on both my tank and healer, that running dungeons with DPS who refuse to let me pick up aggro, or avoid unnecessary damage is annoying as hell.

That being said, it's the BAD tanks and the BAD healers and the BAD DPS that stand out when we recall specific instances, not the good ones. I'd willing to bet that many are exaggerating the increase in bad healers and tanks from CTA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowpunch View Post
    Shield slam, SoR, Deathstrike, Mangle is hard to do.
    bad tanks are bad, end of story.
    Yeah. this is a bad dps player. In the initial stages of a fight, tank trheat is wretched. Toss in a miss or two due to gearing favoring survivability stats instead of threat stats and you have little trheat output until the tank has taken some damage.

dps pulling in the first 30 seconds single target demonstrates a poor dps.
    Dps pulling in the first 15 seconds on aoe demonstrates poor dps.

Your role is to deal as much damage as possible, without pulling.
    Most dps i encounter only follow the part of the sentence before the period.

IMO, go back to 10 man, 1 tank, 2 heals, 8 dps for dungeon finder.

keep the same difficulty (obviously scaled somewhat) modify luck of the draw to favor players in worse gear, (though players in decent gear should still get something.)

boom, you've effectively halved your queue time... depending on how scarce/abundant healers are.

(Reality: 10 people enter instance. 2 players are afk at any given time through the run. one dps will complain the tank is pulling too slow regardless of how fast the tank pulls or how oom the healers are from healing players who were afk in a fire somewhere. premades roll with two tanks, break into 2 5 man groups, and clear the instance in half the time.)

given the potential solutions, CTA is not all bad. they could've said EVERY CLASS NOW HAS TANK SPEC. READYGO! or yanno, put decent tank-only/healer-only boe purps in the CTA bag, and then not only are you getting fast queues, but the market gets flooded with epics.

With the new system where you can do all 7 daily runs, the same day.. most people just rush though them all rather than take one each day. this results in queue times being longer again by the end of the week..
    if TB is any indicator, there's usually an influx on sunday/monday of procrastinators who desperatly try to finish things up. some of us don't have the patience to run 7 (or so) heroics full of mouthbreathers with a 10% chance to have one sane player (pray to god it's the healer.) per run.

Not pointing fingers, but some days, man, as a tank pulling 5-10k dps depending on how fast the healer lets me go, i've been 1st or 2nd on dps on nuuumerous occasions.... 10k dps should be like, "i'm in at least good enough gear to do heroics, and have a moderate understanding of class mechanics." half the players i come across are just straight lazy. pre CTA, my need to VK was low. but most of the good players have moved over to ZA/ZG, (where i usually get one bad dps, and two decent/good dps.) and i find myself vk-ing at least once per reg-heroic.
    Last edited by blackblade; 2011-05-09 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea behind call to arms is that when a certain role is in need, their "call to arms" is activated so clearly they're too many dps. However I do agree with you and maybe after like every 5 heroics dps should get a bag or something.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Deleted
    Not trying to be ironic here, but why do you actually think that dps should get a bag Aeriadk? Don't you think that lower queue times in general, and NOT on someones specific low pop server/battlegroup, would be enough? Specially when said bag contains nothing worth mentioning at all.

Again, not trying to be ironic. I'm merely curious as to why dps who gets lower queue times actually wants more?

if you want the rewards, make an alt tank/healer