Deleted

Epic laggspikes -.-

Okay, right now im losing my mind. Im getting these random DC's and super mega laggspikes ( Not just wow ) and i have no clue whats causing this, i have scanned my computer twice with Spybot search and destroy and Ad-aware. Anyone got an idea whats causing this? It just happened a few weeks ago and i have never had this trouble before. (I did not do anything, it just happened) I will call my ISP soon, but if you got any advice you are more than welcome to leave it here

*Edit* My modem is acting normally aswell, no flickering lights to indicate that i have connection troubles >.<
    Last edited by mmocdb89fe72b1; 2011-05-08 at 04:56 PM.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Step 1: Call your ISP.

Step 2: Loudly complain to your ISP.

Step 3: Receive a technician, who says nothing is wrong.

Repeat.

In seriousness though, calling your ISP is about the only thing you could do here. You can run something called 3D Traceroute to see exactly where the disconnect is happening, but it's not very useful if you can't properly interpret the results.

Do you have any routers/switches/etc? If you disconnect them, and connect your computer directly to the modem, do the DCs stop or persist?

If your ISP is anything like mine, they will just lie to you and tell you that everything is fine...I hate my ISP.

if your using a modem try resetting it, or even check if it needs any software updates.

Deleted
    i have restarted several times without any luck :/

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 05:06 PM ----------

Also, i failed to mention this is happening to everyone in my house, but it's worse for me ._.