Deleted

CTA system and guild groups.

So, there have been a little problem with this. I queue as tank, with a decent tank gear as offspec, mostly HC items. Some groups goes smoothly, not too much dps, or some newbie, but that's not a problem. If they don't know something, I help them.

What I find annoying, are guild groups.

Just know, because the heal didn't know how to idem, I've been kicked from a group. Of course, I am the bad tank! And all because I pulled 2 abos that fear in shadowfang keep. I had the aggro of them, but in one of the fears, someone run into a pull, and they came. The heal and a DPS died, I ressed the heal, and then they sit down. They wasn't resting, so I asked them why. They told me they were waiting to kick me "You may have a lot of gear, but you're a noob" they said. I said "OK, how much time you have left?" They didn't answer. I asked again, then someone said "Sigh...", and I told "Well, if you've a lot of time, I go to take a shower or something", and they beginning to call me "Noob" again.

Just for curiosity, I checked them in WoWprogress, and I saw they were 10/12 normal. I asked them if Nefarian or Al'akir was hard for them, just for talk about something, and then someone replied "Noob, only because you have down 8/13HC don't make you better than us". I replied "What do you want, to begin to cry because you want to kick me or something? just want to chat the time you need to kick me".

Then they begin to /chicken around me.

The thing is, if the CTA is for make groups faster into HC, with more tanks and heals, why people act like this? Do I have to wait 7 or 8 minutes while they say stupid things, because if I leave I get the desertor buff? What's wrong with the people?

Deleted
    I'm...not sure what this has to do with CTA.
    People throwing a hissyfit and kicking people out of dungeon groups for trivial reasons predates calls to arms and indeed the Dungeon Finder.

PS. You really should pull the fearing aboms back up the stairs so you don't pull any extras during the aoe fear.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    I'm...not sure what this has to do with CTA.
    People throwing a hissyfit and kicking people out of dungeon groups for trivial reasons predates calls to arms and indeed the Dungeon Finder.

PS. You really should pull the fearing aboms back up the stairs so you don't pull any extras during the aoe fear.
    Yeah, this has absolutely nothing to do with CtA. Jerks will be jerks regardless of how fast they get another dungeon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardodexter View Post
    Do I have to wait 7 or 8 minutes while they say stupid things, because if I leave I get the desertor buff?
    No, since you already downed Baron Ashbury you can leave without the debuff, since it's impossible to get if you've killed atleast one boss.

Deleted
    It has to do with the thing that tanking is my offs, and I've never gone as a tank in a random HC till the CTA, and I'm pretty sure that a lot of people have done this too.

Bad group = people as me get bored of doing it = no more tanks/heals for HCs

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 05:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kwannie View Post
    No, since you already downed Baron Ashbury you can leave without the debuff, since it's impossible to get if you've killed atleast one boss.
    True, forgot that.

i hate getting into guild groups.

Yesterday my DK got into one where I was 2ndish on dps and the healer was a holy priest in pvp gear. While the dps was... sufficient for ZA, healing really wasn't. I would die on trash because the healer would oom (and not boss pulls, I'm talking hive queen level trash) or just stop paying attention. Once we hit the panther boss... oh the panther boss.

It was zanzil that killed though, as they ran into the fire. kicking one would have made the run smoother. but guild groups.. no kicks for the bads, so you're stuck or have to start over

10+ Year Old Account
    I randomly queued the other day and ended up in ZA with a group with four others from my server who were all in the same guild. We opened the gates, and the first pack killed myself and one of the melee dps due to lack of heals. Apparently the healer was preoccupied with something else at the time. The healer made some smartass comment, but didn't res either of us, so I ran back in. The healer then said "brb", and was gone for around 10 minutes, botching any chance we had for extra loot from the timed event. I didn't bother trying to kick him since they were all in the same guild, so I made a comment about queing up for an instance then afking. Shortly after the healer returned, I was vote kicked, no explanation or comments or anything.

I think what he's getting at (CTA wise) is that it's supposed to make us tanks and healers want to que more often. It's awfully hard to que knowing that there are some really bad DPS/guild groups out there waiting to kick you for any stupid mistake.

[edit]
    And what I mean is, it was created to encourage faster ques all around, and reward the ones speeding up the ques, but with alot of people attempting to tank for the first time (off specs, new main spec, loot hungry, etc) its hard to get started.

Deleted
    Well I think these votekick changes were meant to partially mitigate the issue of guildgroups abusing votekick
    •If three or more players group queue with each other, it will require an additional vote for them to kick anyone they did not group queue with.
    •If a group queue of 4 kicks the one person that they did not group queue with, they will each receive a more severe penalty to their ability to initiate future kicks.
    I get that anyone new to tanking is gonna have a rough time, especially with guild groups. I just can't see any easy fixes on Blizzard's end. They need more tanks and healers in the system, and obviously some(most?) of those will be bad at their job initially.