Deleted

DPS warrior in professional hardcore raiding

Hello guys!

I was previously (back in vanilla & tbc) playing in a very professional matter, around top 25, switching guilds, being headhunted by these sort of guilds aswell.

What i'm trying to say, is that I know my class to fullest, but will that actually still be able to do in 10 man hardcore raiding?

When I say hardcore raiding, I mean server first, and top 100 eu first, so is it actually possible to have a dps warrior in 10m raiding? Instead of a DK/Rogue for example?

Our current mandatory setup is:

Ret pala
    Hunter
    (Me) Fury warrior
    Mage (since we got no sham.. duh)
    .. warlock?

Warriors are in a decent spot atm, and charge/heroic leap/intercept/intervene solves a lot of issues on mobility fights. Rallying cry added some utility. I'd say yes.

Yes they are very capable of being competitive in a hardcore raid environment. The warrior in my 10 man always ranks at least top 20 in WoL, he also plays Arms too.

Rogues are nice for lots of fights like h conclave, h magmaw, h v&t, but I wouldn't say they are 100% necessary (ok maybe for V&T but an alt in blues can do that).

Warriors are nice dps atm too, our tank who goes fury for H V&T just did like 23k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ttkyle View Post
    Rogues are nice for lots of fights like h conclave, h magmaw, h v&t, but I wouldn't say they are 100% necessary (ok maybe for V&T but an alt in blues can do that).

Warriors are nice dps atm too, our tank who goes fury for H V&T just did like 23k
    Done the twilight realm with my warrior on one of our V&T hc kills, alittle hectic but with some effort u can easily be down there until u reach 35-45 stacks before u need to go back up.

Deleted
    The differences are very minor, but unfortunately I think Warriors are one of the worst DPS choices for a "perfect" 10man setup. They don't have any unique and useful strengths (powerful raid cooldowns or just useful stuff that makes you want to bring them for a certain fight, like say a Frost DK for Conclave add kiting - something unique that isn't game breaking but proves useful every now and then), and there are slightly better choices for bringing the buffs they bring - and they also tend to take the most damage due to their defensive cooldowns being not as strong or not as easy to use as most others'.

But it really doesn't make a huge difference, and Rallying Cry is a nice addition to their raid utility. If you happen to lack exactly the buffs that an arms/fury warrior would bring, then cool, bring a warrior