Thread: Monitor help

Monitor help

Hi all i have recentley purchased the Samsung Syncmaster SA350, and im having troubles adjusting the resolutionso it fits my screen completley length and width wise. I have no clue what im doing and as you can see im a nooblet when it comes to these sorts of things also if it helps my operating system is Windows 7. Please help!

Thank you

well i had a older model syncmaster, but there is lot of ways to adjust your screen, either by pressing your buttons on the monitor, or by software. start by going to a resolution you like, and then, find your screen on this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Standards5.svg and then pick a resolution that fits your screen, either 16:9 or 16:10. if its wide screen (most likely it is)

and then just adjust your screen on the monitor so it fits the resolution(in the monitor menu)

hope it helps

Look on the box or in the manual, it will tell you what the native resolution is. Set it to that resolution, and you're done. In fact Windows typically does this on its own.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    Look on the box or in the manual, it will tell you what the native resolution is. Set it to that resolution, and you're done. In fact Windows typically does this on its own.
    This :d //
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

If you have the right drivers and Windows recognizes the monitor, the native resolution should be the biggest available one. If it's not, check for drivers from the Samsung website.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-05-09 at 09:01 AM.