Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Personally i liked ToC - trash is a waste of good time in my eyes. I will go with the massively unpopular opinion though and say either Ulduar, ZG or AQ40 for me, neither of them i really enjoyed to the point i wanted to play them, while they all had some fun encounters the problem was most of the bosses just didn't push my buttons. Might have a chunk to do with the fact i was either in terribad guilds (ZG/AQ40) or barely playing (Ulduar) but i didn't feel it. On the other hand, i enjoyed ICC & BWL so it's probably a trade off, still say Neferian back in the day was one of the most fun encounters i've played.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

ToC= it sucked. Overshadowed Ulduar to fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    ToC, VoA/ BH AKA The Loot Pinata

Only started raiding in BC, raids i disliked most-in BC- Sunwell, with magtheridon 2nd. Sunwell i disliked because of its timing. My guild downed 2 bosses in it, before running into priest problems on felmyst. The trash was also awful, and then 3.0 came out, killing any raiding spirit our guild had. Mag was bad because it was an entry level raiding boss, whose guilds did not have the ksilll or players to get 25 raiders, and goodluck having pugs at taht time channel.

WoLK- ICC, with malygos a close 2nd. ICC was, dunno, dull and long. I have never been a fan of the undead, and this was a long long dungeon devoted to them. Even naxx was better. It also was frustratinglyhard or easy, with 9/12 heroic being easy, 10/12 a minor challenge, 11/12 decent, then 12/12 on heroic killing the guild. malygos just sucked from a melee perspective, with some annoying mechanics thrown in.

Cata- BH with T04W 2nd- the thing i hate about BH is it is so mind-numbingly easy combined with such pure random bullshit on loot.
    To4W i dislike because every dam thing about the place is so dependant on RNG. The two fights on heroic, you are on bad RNG move from wiping. Bad ice patch coupled with a miss throw on the teleport? dead tank. Al'akir takes it even farther, with windblast, the ice patch, chain lightning, and tornados (with random holes) coupling for an impossible 25 man fight for most guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    ToC for sure. Same place, nothing different put 5 bosses and gain some time.. ToC was totally a fail.. exatly after an instance like ulduar.

s0 much t0 Live f0r.. s0 much t0 die f0r..

Personally I dont like BWD at all. Same for TOTFW. Badly designed dungeon.

Considering MC was the first tier of raids + the class system was totally diffrent + 40 players... It was ok. Comparing it with today 10 man raids and classes is not fair. And neither is it fair to judge it on ppl soloing it right now.

Ragnaros was actually very good fight for its time. I find AQ many times more boring than MC. Problem with MC was it was nothingh but rock fire and lava. Hopefully Blizzard has learned something in the past 6 years. But by the looks of it Firelands are nothing but rock fire and lava :S
    Last edited by Duster505; 2011-05-09 at 03:16 PM.

1. ToC - Do I really need to comment?
    2. Naxx40 - WHY? If you wanna re-introduce a dungeon to let more people try it at least keep the difficulty
    3. AQ20/40 - Bugs just isn't my thing. I didn't like the atmosphere there but that is of course purely personla preference

Deleted
    I think this is really fun when i see how much people are normaly complaining about borring raid mechanics, finaly there was some that made it interresting , and half the raiders started complaining :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Naxx25. Go there in greens, roll face, collect loot. Oh wait, all the fucking noobs in the planet are now eligible for raiding, server lags at peak hours for 2 months. So there was this unenjoyable pile of junk raid which we could not even farm comfortably because the screen froze for 30s on Grobbulus every night.
    ToC. Really bland bosses in 1... okay 2 rooms. Oh and Faction Champions? Really, I play pve because I hate pvp. Don't force this arena-like garbage on me please. And we had to abandon the brilliant Ulduar because this bad raid came out. This was the first time I cancelled my sub after ~4 years and in fact didn't play for months.
    EoE. Malygos is full of bugs and on the top of that, p3 is a flight phase. WoW sucks at 3D, please don't make such fights anymore. Guildies suck even more at 3D, so this boss was a pain in every possible aspect.
    Sartharion with 0-1 drakes. What a joke.

You guess how much I loved wotlk.
    Anyways, back on topic, ToC had some nice boss fights, but it didnt have the feeling of raiding sadly, and the fact it just came in and made all ulduar gear useless before most of us was done clearing it was really a shame, considering that ulduar might be one of the best raids we have had

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lechies View Post
    TOC

1) Shadowed Ulduar so damn fast
    2) Most mindless raid i've ever done
    3) Tier sets looked fucking hideous (for alliance atleast)

Anub'arak was a good fight but that doesn't excuse the rest of the instance
    This, especially Point 1.
    With this patch, many many gimps came out from their holes... No wonder when looking at this instance...
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

10+ Year Old Account
    All Wrath of the Lich King raids minus Ulduar and Icecrown Citadel

I think I'm the only one who loved ToC. It's not my favorite raid but I love it. I think most people diss it because it came out after Ulduar and was released too soon. People complain that it wasn't a huge instance with trash and no change of scenery. Who likes to kill trash? It's not fun at all. That's why I loved ToC. No bullshitting with trash. Just go in and kill the bosses. Sure the environment isn't awesome and that could've been better but the theme of the instance was a tournament so it would've been weird to have a huge instance. Idk I don't think it's near the worst. Ruby Sanctum and BWD are pretty lackluster, but they have trash and a big instance!!!!! Ruby Sanctum is by far the worst. It's just terrible all around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokthol View Post
    I'm not totally surprised to see a lot of people complain about ToC. No, it wasn't the greatest raid Blizzard ever released, and could very well be the worst. But really, Blizzard hadn't released a raid like that ever. I personally think it was worth a try to release a raid that had no trash and that it was done the way it was. At least now they know it's not the best raid format and probably won't ever do that kind of thing again.
    Its hardly the lack of trash that cause people to complain about it though. People have mentioned the monotonous scenery, the four seperate lockouts that all needed to be farmed because Tier 9 cost a ludicrous amount of Emblems. Normal mode was trivially easy, only Anub'arak heroic took any decent time to kill and that was mostly a gear check and having the required number of paladins, block tanks and aoe dps. And there was the business of the loot and achievement awarded for beating all 5 bosses without any wipes on heroic, which discouraged bringing in any new recruits or those with dodgy connections. It wasn't a problem for me but a lot of people hated the pvp boss too.

It would have been alright as a filler raid, I did enjoy all the bosses to some extent on heroic. But it was all we had for a whole tier. Which incidentally is why I'm quite worried about the 7 boss Firelands, but that's a whole other thread. Also ToC looked especially bad coming right after the fantastic Ulduar. About the only nice thing is that it was very pug friendly.

---------- Post added 2011-05-09 at 05:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Manchaku View Post
    Woah now...Hyjal was one of the Best Raids they ever released...soo much Fun...get all the waves down and wipe..BOOM restart... thats incentive not to mess up lol
    Atleast you got more rep to get your Exalted ring faster! I was in a guild that'd regularly wipe to Azgalor(the rain of fire Pit Lord?). So so depressing when that happened. On the plus side I played a warlock then. Between all the fearing, banishing, curse of tongues'ing and seed of corruptioning, it was a nice and varied experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    As everyone else said, TOC. I liked the Argent tournament patch in general, and the five man was fine, but the raid itself was way below standards.

• I'm not a lore nerd or anything, but what was going on there? I didn't understand why we're taking a break from fighting the scourge to fight... what we were fighting, exactly? Was it a supposed to be just a game? Were these actual enemies? Only the Faction Champions fight really made sense in a tournament environment.

• I hate trash as much as the next guy, but there has to be something between bosses, if at least for the chance in scenary. Talk about dull!

• The tier system was stupid and the tier sets themselves were some of the most bland, forgettable, and uninspiring art in the game.

• The timing felt all wrong. A lot of raids were still working on Ulduar hard modes. It was senseless to stay in Ulduar when progression compelled us to do TOC, even though TOC was an inferior raid in both fun and challenge.

• The progression from regular to hard mode was not linear enough. Since you had to do the fights in order in that hardmode system, it would have made far more sense if the fights progressed in difficulty, but they didn't. Normal mode was easily beatable for every raid, but Beasts hardmode was a huge roadblock for casual or lighter scheduled raids (it was the first fight but the second hardest hard mode). It left the bulk of raiders in limbo, underchallenged by normal mode, but not good enough for hard modes... when, in fact, they might have been able to beat some of the other hard modes, had they been able to get past Beasts to try them.

I actually liked the fights in TOC (even/especially faction champions) and I thought most of them had unique aspects and mechanics that had potential. However, they would have been better placed in a more developed raid environment. It was hard to appreciate them when they were just thrown together the way that they were. Alternatively, TOC could have been released as a side-raid for guilds who were sick or finished with Ulduar (with similar ilvl gear), rather than an entire new tier.

I choose to view TOC as a "catch up" raid to get rerolls and new subs caught up for ICC, rather than a legitimate tier. In that sense, it fulfills its role... if you ignore the fact it was supposed to be a legitimate tier.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Probably TotCr but the first two weeks or so i really enjoyed it and i guess alot of other people but running it 7+ times per week for some weeks was just akwardly wrong.
    The other one might be throne of the four winds basically just because of the randomness on al'akir hc (admit it when you were first downing him there was some weird random stuff you just couldn't heal trough :P)

Deleted
    Ulduar, Karazhan or the Sunwell.

/snip giant meme image. Problem?
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-05-09 at 05:39 PM.

I honestly have no problem with BWD - except for Atramedes, hands down the WORST fight ever. You people are weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    ToC
    It was, if it wasn't already stated by an official, supposed to be the Azjol-Nerub raid but they scrapped that shit last minute decided to go 'Raider's don't like trash' so they filled a room full of easy mode bosses BUT kept Anub'Arak as the final boss in the intended room. Horde got sick looking tier while Alliance got last minute crap. The only thing that was good about that raid was the separate 10/25 normal and heroic modes.
    You better herp yourself before you derp yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    As everyone else said, TOC. I liked the Argent tournament patch in general, and the five man was fine, but the raid itself was way below standards.
    • I'm not a lore nerd or anything, but what was going on there? I didn't understand why we're taking a break from fighting the scourge to fight... what we were fighting, exactly? Was it a supposed to be just a game? Were these actual enemies? Only the Faction Champions fight really made sense in a tournament environment.
    They did do some work to explain why the tournament was happening. Tirion does a speech outside in the quest area explaining that he doesn't want to lead a massive army of soldiers to attack Icecrown because Arthas will just kill them and make his army even stronger. Instead he wants a badass strike team to go up and take on the Lich King directly. And the Tournament is designed to pick out the best fighters they've got.
    Of course there's a lot of stuff that doesn't make much sense, like why everyone including the Faction Champions and Argent Knights in the 5 man seem to be fighting to the death. Maybe the AC can res them afterwards, or maybe its just preferable to being raised as an undead. Or why they set up the Tournament in Northrend so close to Giant Undead Horde of Doom instead of the much safer Crystalsong Forest.

Original post, rly is