Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So much for CTA!

Well, it's two weeks in and queue times are back to normal. While in the past two weeks there had been some serious improvement, havig an average DPS queue between 7 and 15 minutes as opposed to 40, over the past couple days I find queue times, regardless of peak or valley playtimes, to be right back to where they were. Tank CTA is always up now, healer CTA is rarely up, and DPS of course, will still never see that pretty little golden circle. Oh well, another good idea gone to waste, story of WoW in a nutshell it seems these days.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Sorry but your attitude sucks, what would you do in the given situation? statistically you are always going to need more tanks/healers than dps due to the distribution, the cta system is a great idea in an attempt to alleviate some of those elongated wait times. In fact it's the sort of idea i would of pushed if i was in that position.

Instead of bitching and complaining about what was in fact a reasonable idea and decent attempt at making things better, come up with an idea, go to the official suggestions forums and share with the world.

Not back to normal for me, used to be 30 min queues, still at ~10 min queues

Yesterday I had a literally 10 minute queue as a solo tank. There was a CTA for no position.

I dont get it. You stated that there was a large wait decrease... and then you start complaining about how it failed. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Well, it's two weeks in and queue times are back to normal. While in the past two weeks there had been some serious improvement, havig an average DPS queue between 7 and 15 minutes as opposed to 40, over the past couple days I find queue times, regardless of peak or valley playtimes, to be right back to where they were. Tank CTA is always up now, healer CTA is rarely up, and DPS of course, will still never see that pretty little golden circle. Oh well, another good idea gone to waste, story of WoW in a nutshell it seems these days.
    sorry to burst your bubble but there will hardly ever be a lack of dps for que hence why u hardly ever see the cta =/, but i will admit ive seen it twice since the patch. as for the reason the que is long again is obvious, they changed the need to do heroics every day so many just que to get it out of the way. so the fasted que will be early in the week.

the whole CTA thing HAS improved dps ques as you have even stated so it didnt go to waste. you just have to realize people dont always want to do heroics so plan accordingly.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Deleted
    Is everyone taking the time of the week into account? Its possible dps queue times will go up as you get closer to the reset and more people have already done their 7 weekly dungeon runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I dont get it. You stated that there was a large wait decrease... and then you start complaining about how it failed. >_<
    Key word there being WAS, yes the queue time for dps went down when the patch first came out now it's back to 25 minute queues for me, the same as it was before the patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    Is everyone taking the time of the week into account? Its possible dps queue times will go up as you get closer to the reset and more people have already done their 7 weekly dungeon runs.
    I think I agree a bit with this. I only have one serious tank alt and the others are mostly dps. After getting my vp cap on the tank (takes a few runs) then I don't queue on him anymore unless for guildies.

Deleted
    As a tank i tend to do my 7 weekly dungeons in 1-2 days and not even the extra bag would tempt me to do more, though it will differ from tank to tank and server to server

Deleted
    A lot of people with alts that are able to tank did actually tank a lot in the first days of CtA, however quickly abandoning it due to tons of mongoloids in lfg, healers that couldn't keep up a critter fight, dps ignoring all mechanics, royally sucking at their classes AND ninjaing tank drops wherever possible.
    It's no surprise.

Lfg isn't the problem, douchebags are and no system in place will ever fix that, period.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it quite funny that even queueing up as a tank when CTA isn't active that it still can take me between 5-10 minutes to get a good group thanks to all the people migrating to the ZA/ZG dungeons.
    So now most of the time, I get a great big repair bill due to variable acts of stupidity, no satchel and the untouchables that have been shunned from every other group in LFD.
    CTA should be removed as it actually incentivises tanks and healers to not queue until they receive a cat and some cash.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    -take consolation that in the times before LFD you spend up to 2 hrs assembling your group in channels of main cities for 1 or 2 hours
    I'm pretty sure it took no more than 15 minutes before LFD if you used /who whispering.

10+ Year Old Account
    7min que is the longest wait i've had so far. tough luck bro :b

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    I'm pretty sure it took no more than 15 minutes before LFD if you used /who whispering.
    It was so much more WORK though. Pressing one button and then waiting for 30 minutes is so much better :P

I suggested some (IMHO) far superior queue solutions in this thread a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Sorry but your attitude sucks, what would you do in the given situation? statistically you are always going to need more tanks/healers than dps due to the distribution, the cta system is a great idea in an attempt to alleviate some of those elongated wait times. In fact it's the sort of idea i would of pushed if i was in that position.

Instead of bitching and complaining about what was in fact a reasonable idea and decent attempt at making things better, come up with an idea, go to the official suggestions forums and share with the world.
    Or how about allowing for other class's to tank?

Shaman have been asking for it forever now.

Also, this game has gone from "HEY LETS GET AN EPIC GROUP TOGETHER TO RUN TO A DUNGEON TO KILL SOME BOSSES" to "HEY LETS QUEUE TOGETHER LIKE THIS ISNT SOME EPIC WORLD, GOT TO AN INSTANCE WHERE WE CAN GEAR UP AND LOOK COOLER IN FRONT OF OUR FRIENDS!"
    Last edited by Flaks; 2011-05-08 at 09:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baelon View Post
    I suggested some (IMHO) far superior queue solutions in this thread a while back.
    None of those ideas would result in a shorter queue, they just make it easier to do other stuff while queuing. Which if anything would result in EVEN LONGER queues, as more dps queue up that wouldn't have been able to before. CTA atleast addresses the obvious problem, the lack of tanks and healers in the LFD system by encouraging people to take up those roles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Sometimes it didn't... but sometimes it took a hell of a lot longer. Also once your group was full two people had to fly to the stone and do the whole summon thing. If all your /2, guild, and f list groups took 15 minutes or less to assemble then guess what...you still can. For the times that you can't there is the LFD. Queue times were never a problem when compared to the way it was before...and they still aren't.

If you complain about queue times you are essentially complaining that Blizz didn't put enough lotion in your diaper when they pampered you.
    Last edited by shokter; 2011-05-08 at 09:52 PM.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Dps queues for me definitely went way down and slowly have climbed back up although not quite as high as before. I was waiting 30-40 minutes and now, after dropping to 10ish they are back to 25-30 minutes. Unfortunately right now, on my tank, I'm looking at a wait of 19 minutes and climbing... no idea what is going on unless we are just not getting any healers in queue. Been tanking the past few days and haven't had more than a minute wait.
    "They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Objects in mirrors are your elbows.

Ciarra: Draenei Enhancement Shaman