Thread: rogue and feral

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    rogues: less sustained, better burst, more control, better utility, better utility cooldowns (clos, vanish)
    druids: more sustained, better off-target CC (cyclone> blind because of cd's), less healing (yes, LESS) better passive survivability at the cost of damage (bear)
    i don't think enough can be said for the blown CD's(vanish/clos), sitting duck, and so easily kited weakness of rogues. Theres probably no less forgiving class. Especially pre Cata but i guess judging by Cata is what we're talking about here. Either way Ferals don't suffer that nearly as bad and thats a huge downside. If anything ferals have the best of both warrior/rogue worlds without the burst but not like their damage sucks. the good thing is they at least they take a lot of play to be really good.
    Last edited by Spurmwhale; 2011-05-10 at 12:22 AM.

The grass is always greener...

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    i don't think enough can be said for the blown CD's(vanish/clos), sitting duck, and so easily kited weakness of rogues. Theres probably no less forgiving class. Especially pre Cata but i guess judging by Cata is what we're talking about here. Either way Ferals don't suffer that nearly as bad and thats a huge downside. If anything ferals have the best of both warrior/rogue worlds without the burst but not like their damage sucks. the good thing is they at least they take a lot of play to be really good.
    It's only punishing if you have absolutely NO clue whatsover on how to play a rogue, but the sheer amount of cd's they have , in addition to low cd cc abilities, makes it REALLY hard to completely screw up..really..
    It's still hard, but the fact that they now no longer are a really squishy class but is , and was even "voted" on AJ to be, among top 2 of the most durable and least "trainable" classes in the game (only outdone by dk's) really removes one of the weaknesses that made them VERY unfirgiving. Not so unforgiving anymore, but still a high skillcap class.

Frost dk's are by and large the most braindead spec since s5 dk's, and the most forgiving. People who have never been above 2,2k rating are now competing for top spots for playing a frost dk setup. Retarded is all I have to say to that spec. Easily outdoes warriors in cata at their worst.
    Last edited by ReeL; 2011-05-18 at 10:25 PM.

I'd say that instant 'clone, roots and Survival Instincts + Frenzied regeneration + Nurturing instincts make for a fairly good defensive survivability mechanic for the ferals.

In a case where a rogue really needs to rely on recuperate getting him back up, he has to either blow Vanish + sprint + cloak (depending, of course) to get away, or use up blind + smokebomb to get enough ticks to where it matters.

So, under pressure, feral self-healing > rogue self-healing in my book. Not discounting Recuperate, mind, but once your stuns are on DR, and blind's gone, and that f***ing feral's just negated your vanish with Faerie Fire (again!) and you really, really need to get away from him? Yeah, recup's not going to help you once you're leaking blood and entrails all over the place.

Rogues have more single-target control, ferals have more all-round applicable (and ranged!) control.

Damage-wise, unless you PVE-hero-rotation an AFK target as assassination, I'd daresay ferals have the upper hand on both sustained and burst damage (hel-LO, 35K Ferocious bite, and 7K/tick bleeds).

In case it's not blindingly obvious from the above, I play a rogue, and I don't like to go toe-to-toe with ferals