Jon and Daenerys' sex scene really was quite comical.. You know with the whole aunt and nephew thing being explained while they're going at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I watched the entire season this weekend all at once.

For the most part I enjoyed the story line even though it was very VERY predictable. I didn't need to read leaks to figure that out.

My biggest gripe was the moment when the characters were no longer in danger of death thanks to plot armor. When Jamie charges Danny - and is magically saved by Bronn - is the moment when HBO GoT died and was resurrected into Hollywood GoT.

The directing and editing has changed and not for the better. Basically, it felt like a super hero movie. Here are my biggest issues:

-Euron jumping from off the ship from the whatever its called
    -Bronn somehow running from the dragon fire after firing the ballista.
    -Jaime somehow being saved by Bronn at the last-minute moments later.
    -Jon Snow somehow surviving after being submerged in ice water (and then getting saved by Ben)
    -Rushed story telling. Would of been better to stick with the 10 episode formula.
    -Too many jump cuts! (A amateur post production mistake!)
    -The lack of a passage of time. People are in one place one scene, then magically appear hundreds (if not thousands) of miles moments later.
    -Stilted dialogue
    -Inconsistent acting. Some scenes were great, then another clip not so much. You could tell that parts of the same scene were shot on different days.
    -The show doesn't feel like GoT anymore.

But Season 7 still manages to get a B- because I am a nerd and Ice Dragons are awesome.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2017-08-28 at 09:48 PM.

The face you make when you discover the biggest secret in Westeros and Samwell Tarly doesn't even give you credit

So 7 seasons leading into an incest relationship. Well, GoT as a universe started out great and gone into the toilet in my eyes. If I wanted to watch Oldboy, I'd watch Oldboy.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    [IMG]https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2014-06/20/20/campaign_images/webdr09/the-actress-who-plays-gilly-on-game-of-thrones-is-2-26284-1403309568-18_dblbig.jpg[IMG]

The face you make when you discover the biggest secret in Westeros and Samwell Tarly doesn't even give you credit
    She was reading things he already transcribed though

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Jon and Daenerys' sex scene really was quite comical.. You know with the whole aunt and nephew thing being explained while they're going at it.

Guess this means that poor Jorah is once again in the friend zone. Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but did anyone notice how Tyrion didn't seemed to thrilled when looking at the room that both Jon and Danenerys were getting it on? Maybe he knows something ?

D&D defenders assemble!!! Relax guy, forums are for discussing. Feel free to make use of the ignore feature. And Ive committed 7 seasons into this rubbish Im gona see it out.

<3

And yes theons no ball fight scene deserves mockery, it was stupid as fuck
    I hate D&D for how they aren't able to be on par with GRRM's storytelling.

And yet I love D&D for giving me still the best show I've watched so far.

You've done nothing but shit on it, you don't even go into lore or character development. You just shit on it.

For example. How is Littlefinger getting killed by the Stark sisters bad writing? Predictable? I think not. How was it any different to Ned getting killed by Joffrey? I saw that happening miles ahead although it was supposed to "not happen" - even in the books. I was still caught off guard. The red wedding left me speechless for quite some time.

D&D's "red wedding" is Viserion getting turned into an undead dragon. Haven't seen that one really coming either. I guess not reading spoilers ahead of a whole season pays off. Yea you could have guessed it, but guessing and knowing ain't the same.

Like I didn't know that Tyrion would survive the encounter with Cercei. I was on the edge of my couch just waiting for him to get slashed. That he didn't get slashed doesn't matter. The fact that I know he could is enough. Tyrion seems to still play a big role in the forthcoming season so why the fuck would they kill him, only because GoT is known for killing off big casts? It makes no sense, the story has to be told. This isn't Game of Russian Roulette.

Overall, the storytelling is solid. The execution of some scenes however is not. Like, Jon fighting Wrights instead of jumping on damn Drogon. The constant time travelling, which D&D themselves explained with "plausible impossibility". Fuck off D&D, don't do that shit.

And with Theons scene I have no issue. Him being hit in the balls which he doesn't have anymore is comical relief. The fact that he got a beating that would kill a man before, and yet is still able to oneshot that one dude, whose name I can't remember right now, is what I would be more concerned about. On the other hand, Theon was never a fist fighter. IIRC he just beat him to pulp with a stone after a good headbutt. And these people are always known to follow the one who beats up people. Theon just killed the guy who was challenging him. Theon won the argument.

In any case... the show, and that's what I believe strongly, has to wrap up in a way that won't spoil the books completely. That's why D&D are given too much freedom in their own style of writing, which naturally differs from most/all the past seasons where they had GRRM's story as a blueprint. That doesn't mean it's now a fucking bad show, it's just not GRRM's handwriting anymore.

Accept it for what it is and read the books in year 2144, after they're finally released, to see a "better" way of ending GoT.

Like, really. Complaining that D&D aren't as good as Martin is truism of the most brutal nature. As if Martin is going to spoil his own books anyway by telling them exactly how to write the scripts of Season 7 and 8. No fucking way.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2017-08-28 at 09:56 PM.

Deleted
    He was the one that transcribed the scrolls. He simply didn't cared about a past detail that honestly wouldn't change nothing but the history books, the Night King was far more important.

The detail only became important when Bran brought Jon Sand up.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Okay I watched the entire season this weekend all at once.

For the most part I enjoyed the story line even though it was very VERY predictable. I didn't need to read leaks to figure that out.

My biggest gripe was the moment when the characters were no longer in danger of death thanks to plot armor. When Jamie charges Danny - and is magically saved by Bronn - is the moment when HBO GoT died and was resurrected into Hollywood GoT.

The directing and editing has changed and not for the better. Basically, it felt like a super hero movie. Here are my biggest issues:

-Euron jumping from off the ship from the whatever its called
    -Bronn somehow running from the dragon fire after firing the ballista.
    -Jaime somehow being saved by Bronn at the last-minute moments later.
    -Jon Snow somehow surviving after being submerged in ice water (and then getting saved by Ben)
    -Rushed story telling. Would of been better to stick with the 10 episode formula.
    -Too many jump cuts! (A amateur post production mistake!)
    -The lack of a passage of time. People are in one place one scene, then magically appear hundreds (if not thousands) of miles moments later.
    -Stilted dialogue
    -Inconsistent acting. Some scenes were great, then another clip not so much. You could tell that parts of the same scene were shot on different days.
    -The show doesn't feel like GoT anymore.

But Season 7 still manages to get a B- because I am a nerd and Ice Dragons are awesome.
    People arn't going to die randomly anymore, the fodder characters are gone, the series is ending, anyone who dies will have very important specific deaths.

A corvus, (the bording arm) was a real thing on galleys

He dident run, he jumped an rolled to the side, they were roasting the balista, not him.

Bronn is Jamie's source of money and a castle, he isn't letting him die

You can survive up to ~15 minutes in ice water, Jon was in there for <2 and it was heated by dragon fire, he still almost died on the ride back

Some of these "points" man

Time passes between scenes, you just don't see it, were you made when it cuts between the Cersei at the red keep an then her arrive at winterfell immediacy after in season one episode one?

You really don't know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-08-28 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    So 7 seasons leading into an incest relationship. Well, GoT as a universe started out great and gone into the toilet in my eyes. If I wanted to watch Oldboy, I'd watch Oldboy.
    It started with an incest relationship, what were you expecting?

Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    Guess this means that poor Jorah is once again in the friend zone. Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but did anyone notice how Tyrion didn't seemed to thrilled when looking at the room that both Jon and Danenerys were getting it on? Maybe he knows something ?
    I think he's afraid of them bonding too much. Maybe hard decisions have to be made and them falling in love could get in the way. He knows why and how Rob died, for example. Love makes people do stupid things.

I think it's not just stupid jealousy.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I hate D&D for how they aren't able to be on par with GRRM's storytelling.

And yet I love D&D for giving me still the best show I've watched so far.
    Then you haven't watched much. This show was on its way to GOAT-status. But I'd say it's not as good as Breaking Bad now, or even its spin-off, Better Call Saul. Hell, there was a show on Sunday nights on HBO that I thought was better than GoT, called The Leftovers. There's a metric shit ton of well-written television out there that did better than the past few seasons of television under D&D's guidance.

But I mean, I guess they have high production values in what has become a Hollywood-esque high fantasy setting (when it used to be a rather dark, medieval setting).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    A corvus, (the bording arm) was a real thing on galleys
    Actually, the corvus was never found among archaelogical vestiges and there are many doubts if ever existed, especially since it would break the front part of the roman ships with its weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post

Yes we have arrived, and it was glorious. #boatsex

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I was actually on the fence about that scene. I was thinking, "You know, he kinda HAS run the course of his plotline at the moment. It actually could be the right time for him to get tragically killed." but then I remembered the way the show works now and realized there was likely no chance of it.
    What do you mean by "how the show works now".

For all we know Tyrion could be the only survivor in GRRMs books. He still has the final word in regards to how the show will end. If Tyrion is killed now, how the hell would GRRMs book still make sense with him being alive? There are only 6 episodes left, and the ending is promised to be the same as in the final book. So I don't know, how about the people who don't die are actually important to the whole story?

We had Littlefinger die. Where was his plotarmor?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Then you haven't watched much. This show was on its way to GOAT-status. But I'd say it's not as good as Breaking Bad now, or even its spin-off, Better Call Saul. Hell, there was a show on Sunday nights on HBO that I thought was better than GoT, called The Leftovers. There's a metric shit ton of well-written television out there that did better than the past few seasons of television under D&D's guidance.

But I mean, I guess they have high production values in what has become a Hollywood-esque high fantasy setting (when it used to be a rather dark, medieval setting).
    Uh? I've watched just about any major series that has come out in the past 10 years, since streaming became a thing.

Even Breaking Bad didn't have me on the edge as much as GoT has. I am a big fantasy nerd though, so that might be a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Snip
    Wait wait, I know its easy to assume everyone that isnt happy with how the show is turning out is a book fan. But I'm not a GRRM fanboy although I have mad respect for the universe he has created.

Ending TV shows or storys isnt easy and they have my sympathy. But it sucks when the political intrigue and more relatable aspects of the show are shoved into the background never to be seen again and we get a Greyworm/Missandei sex scene instead. This is what made game of thrones what it is, being unpredictable and not another good vs evil trope. That is all gone now and its upsetting.

Tv shows like breaking bad and Westworld managed satisfying endings that had big arcs that carried over throughout the series or season.

Game of thrones will go out more like Lost. All the potential wasted to give the fans what they wanted and try make them guess whats next by being ridiculous.

The show gave us great scenes like Tyrions trial so I will try remember it for that and not what could have been with better writers.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-08-28 at 10:08 PM.

Deleted
    As long I see Ser Bronn Blackwater as Lord of Harrenhall and Samwell Tarly as Lord Paramount of the Reach and Warden of the South, I honestly don't care about how dies.

Many fan favorites are going to die during the last season, that we all should be certain of.

I just wanted to point out I nailed the Arya Sansa, Little Finger Thing.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post46932766

I'm so smug right now.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    "The game" ended in a very boring way - made me realize "oh that game was part of the first seasons" till... uh when did it start to not even matter anymore?