Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Again, the mythological backing is still there. It's just not as predictably straightforward as you seem to have wanted.
    The quote is "no more likely." GRRM also still maintains that Jon Snow is dead, because that's how the last published book ended. Bran the Builder supposedly lived for a long ass time. The Rat King supposedly still inhabits one of the Towers of the Night's Watch. Etc.

GRRM lies about his story all the time.

I can't help but feel being trolled the same as TLJ trolled me. It's the same feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    GRRM also still maintains that Jon Snow is dead, because that's how the last published book ended.
    Of course he says this. He will come back though, from Varg-in-to-animal-as-afterlife prologue, to Mel seeing the visions of ''Snow'', to the smoking dagger and ''Ghost''...

Those are not lies. He tried to throw you off. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    well its best to kill someone when they are distracted and let you get close enough.

Plus shes a stark in her homeground, theres snow. Its not that ridiculous a character trained in stealth for so many seasons was able to stealth
    They are distracted?
    The girl couldn't go past a few dead and suddenly she is able to among 50 or more?

"Bro JUST turn your brain off and enjoy the show"

hahahaa

Talking about the faceless man being imprisoned is pretty pointless when it's now obvious he was there in order to meet her and obviously displayed an ability to leave at any time he wanted.

It'd be fine with Arya one shotting NK Rey-style if they actually had put any effort at all into making her seem remotely interested/involved in the White Walker storyline.

Might as well have had Pod with his Brienne training do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'd say that locating the leader of your enemy so that your forces can try to take him out is more likely to save lives than taking out a handful of a far, far larger force.

^

I thought the NK might've been taken out by a small strike team of the best fighters in the series. Kind of underwhelming for him to be taken out by a singular character, one who specialized in assassinations and not 1v1s.

If the armies stationed at Wintersfell were starving, then there may be logistical difficulties in invading Kingslanding. There might not be enough food to get down south, and who knows what the total numbers of the North's forces would be like after the battle. Several Northern houses may not be inclined to march down South to take the Iron Throne, especially after the devastation the North has just seen. They'd also be wary of leaving the North undermanned, considering how the Ironmen took Winterfell when no one was looking and the Boltons shortly thereafter, leading to a period where hostile forces were entrenched in the North, leading to a bloody and prolonged conflict.

I never felt ASOIAF took a stance or was out to make a point besides having some overall vague, nihilistic ideal.
    He didn't do anything with that locating of the NK. He just waited for the NK. He didn't tell anyone, or do anything to the NK, he didn't lead him to him (he didn't need to, he's "marked!").

As for the starving Winterfell bit - this show has not cared about troop logistics in the slightest for a long ass time. Cross reference......well, this episode, the episode last week when they were provisioning Winterfell, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Saw on Reddit, completely nailed it. The show runners failed, completely and fully.
    Someone had a hot take on /tv/:

It's like having a sequel to Armageddon in which Ben Affleck takes Bruce Willis to court over an unfair dismissal.

The whole episode feels like some kind of videogame trailer. Hamfisted drama without a hint of subtlety. Out of place music without any ambient sound whatsoever, Halo 3 toy trailer comes to mind, literally can't get it off my head.

well its best to kill someone when they are distracted and let you get close enough.

Plus shes a stark in her homeground, theres snow. Its not that ridiculous a character trained in stealth for so many seasons was able to stealth
    Apparently you've never walked in snow. It makes noise, a delightful crunching noise. It's harder to walk silently over snow than it is grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    They are distracted?
    The girl couldn't go past a few dead and suddenly she is able to among 50 or more?

"Bro JUST turn your brain off and enjoy the show"

hahahaa
    I dont really see how else they would have defeated the NK other than Jon Snow having a 1v1 sword fight while everyone stands around and watches

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently you've never walked in snow. It makes noise, a delightful crunching noise. It's harder to walk silently over snow than it is grass.
    not when you're 50lb small lady trained in magic stealth
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-04-29 at 05:33 AM.

I dont really see how else they would have defeated the NK other than Jon Snow having a 1v1 sword fight while everyone stands around and watches
    Thats your problem, I can see better writings. Heck even Brann shoting him with some crossbow would have been better at this point after the Tirion talk. Lazy shit writing with a big plothole.

Also I'm not exciting the rest of the show after this episode, there is no point of the Cersei fight after this one.

The Night King will have the last laugh. Daenerys' vision from S2 shows the throne frozen and abandoned. Winter will have its due and deal the last blow to the living. A winter so severe and terrible that it's considered by the maesters a new Long Night. The Night King will have the last laugh.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-04-29 at 07:34 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    Thats your problem, I can see better writings. Heck even Brann shoting him with some crossbow would have been better at this point after the Tirion talk. Lazy shit writing with a big plothole.
    Im all ears buddy. Brann with a xbow sounds shit

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Talking about the faceless man being imprisoned is pretty pointless when it's now obvious he was there in order to meet her and obviously displayed an ability to leave at any time he wanted.
    Wait, Jaqen was there to meet her, it was pre-destined? Is that what you're going with? He was utterly surprised to see her help him out, and again surprised to see her come to the House of Black and White. There was no other way to meet her besides getting imprisoned in the King's Landing dungeons? If he can tell where and when he's going to being to meet up with her, why not just join the NW caravan going north later? The Night's Watchman was literally begging for volunteers for the Watch.

It's utterly ridiculous to suggest Jaqen was there to "activate" Arya. There's no evidence of that whatsoever, you're just saying it to justify Arya's newfound insane abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    It'd be fine with Arya one shotting NK Rey-style if they actually had put any effort at all into making her seem remotely interested/involved in the White Walker storyline.

Might as well have had Pod with his Brienne training do it.
    None of the characters have anything "personal" against the Night King story-wise, except maybe Bran. He represents death and the living fight him to stay alive. Basically anyone could've killed him at it would've made sense. Arya did save her brother though, plus the kill being made by Arya was well foreshadowed.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

And apparently you didn't notice the army of White Walkers and undead that were tightly amassed there with another good 25 feet of completely clear, out in the open area that needed to be covered to even reach the NK? She trained for about a season (not many) to be sneaky, not to literally turn into the wind and materialize out of thin air.

Im all ears buddy. Brann with a xbow sounds shit
    Okay, since the dead evaporated so fast the Dothraki and Unsullied literally 5 mins screen time, and suddenly the main characters hold off all that zombie army for 20mins with people like Sam who somehow survived lmao, the dead could just take winterfell, the rest of remaining people somehow manages to survive, with a few horses to go south, the battle takes chaotic place as Cersei is confused.

Instead you got your teleports behind your back anime shit.

The quote is "no more likely." GRRM also still maintains that Jon Snow is dead, because that's how the last published book ended. Bran the Builder supposedly lived for a long ass time. The Rat King supposedly still inhabits one of the Towers of the Night's Watch. Etc.

GRRM lies about his story all the time.
    Jon Snow is dead in the books. If/when he is resurrected he will no longer be dead...but until that point...he is dead. That is not a lie.

Bran the Builder is a figure out of legend. Some of the stories told of his life may have been exaggerated. Some of the details may be outright wrong.

The Rat King is basically a Ghost Story that may be based on a real event. Like most ghost stories it ends with "Some say he walks these halls still"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Seven seasons of build up that the dead are coming, and that entire story is ended in a single episode. Such a waste. I thought the war for the dawn would carry on, at the very least, for two episodes. I was expecting them to take an L and retreat south.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    The Night King will have the last laugh. Bran's vision from S4 shows the throne frozen and abandoned. Winter will have its due and deal the last blow to the living. A winter so severe and terrible that it's considered by the maesters a new Long Night. The Night King will have the last laugh.
    Lmao dude, no it won't.

It'll be some lame hamfisted idiocy about Tyrion betraying Dany and something equally stupid.