Deleted
    I fucking can't wait for my most favorite moment in the whole series. I hope they do it justice and make it almost exactly as it was in the books. It can only be one scene ofcourse "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS! STANNIS!" Been chanting that myself since epsisode 6. If they do it right this will definitely be my favorite scene in the series so far.

I also hope they will use a remastering of the following track for that moment : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzyacJhM5Cs they have so far used it for Robbert and for Joffrey, so why not for Stannis?

Till now it's Stannis being dragged away at the Blackwater. One of the most perfect scenes in the series so far and it made totally turned me into a huge Stannis fan from that point.

I also hope they will bring Stannis' arc to some new heigths next season. Would love if they put more emphasis on how he hates the nobility in the series and wants to go to a more 'republic' like form with his kingdom where his land is held by commoners instead of nobility.
    Last edited by mmoc91d120d86f; 2014-06-03 at 07:54 PM.

Deleted
    I personnally can't wait for Ygritte to die, hopefully it will happen next monday :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    I wonder who`s going to hire her for her first true mission. IB? Littlefinger? I can see him hiring FM to get rid of Sansa if she becomes too dangerous for him.
    I imagine her first mission will be something a small for someone she doesn't know. After that, I could see Sansa hiring her, perhaps, without realizing the faceless man she's hiring is in fact her sister.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I imagine her first mission will be something a small for someone she doesn't know. After that, I could see Sansa hiring her, perhaps, without realizing the faceless man she's hiring is in fact her sister.
    Is there time for ''small things'' at this point? With last 2 books, as great as aDwD was there is no more space for melancholy.

Plus GRRM wants Starks to collide back together - wonder how that will play out.
    Minus Bran that is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I personnally can't wait for Ygritte to die, hopefully it will happen next monday :3
    It better be happening next monday. I don't think people can handle three main characters dying in the final episode, with Ygritte making that 4. Although most of them will be "justified", people are already freaking out over Oberyn in ridiculous ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Heartless much. Rose Leslie is a miracle of the universe. ;_;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffodily View Post
    Is there time for ''small things'' at this point? With last 2 books, as great as aDwD was there is no more space for melancholy.
    Not to mention the possible existence of an eight book, and both Winds and Dream being like +1000 pages each, which would each be 2 seasons if dragged out.
    Next season will be the good parts of Feast and Dance being rounded up, and there should be some Winds in it for the characters who are ready for it.

Deleted
    I think more then just Ygritte will die. In a french promo it was leaked that Pyp will die most likely. In the books the magnar of Thenn died during the fight. If Alliser thorne doesn't die Jon's storyline for season 5 is impossible. I also expect Mance Rayder to die and if they decide to choose a lord commander during the fight I expect Janos Slynt to die too. Besides that they might still need a replacement for Donal Noye Grenn could do that role perfectly.

Marked those who haven't died in the books yet.

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    I fucking can't wait for my most favorite moment in the whole series. I hope they do it justice and make it almost exactly as it was in the books. It can only be one scene ofcourse "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS! STANNIS!" Been chanting that myself since epsisode 6. If they do it right this will definitely be my favorite scene in the series so far.

I also hope they will use a remastering of the following track for that moment : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzyacJhM5Cs they have so far used it for Robbert and for Joffrey, so why not for Stannis?

Till now it's Stannis being dragged away at the Blackwater. One of the most perfect scenes in the series so far and it made totally turned me into a huge Stannis fan from that point.

I also hope they will bring Stannis' arc to some new heigths next season. Would love if they put more emphasis on how he hates the nobility in the series and wants to go to a more 'republic' like form with his kingdom where his land is held by commoners instead of nobility.
    Too bad they've done a lot to butcher Stannis's character a long while now so I have little hope for him. The scene in Braavos somewhat remedied him but otherwise his handling is one of those I'm not happiest about.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Too bad they've done a lot to butcher Stannis's character a long while now so I have little hope for him. The scene in Braavos somewhat remedied him but otherwise his handling is one of those I'm not happiest about.
    Yeah, I think spoiling that he would go to the wall was a bad choice, I actually hoped that after the Iron Bank that Davos would imply that they would be sailing for King's Landing tonight with Tywin commenting about a 'fleet approaching' in a later episode (this fleet would be the iron fleet who is just passing by for the king's moot). But that did not happen.

I do think that Stannis in season 2 was quite briliant, I absolutely loved him at that point. But the fact that he did not have much screentime in season 3 & 4 pretty much reduced his character into nothing for the overall story. I expect season 5 to make that better. We should also be happy that he isn't being reduced into nothingness like Balon Greyjoy is, he hasn't even died.

Deleted
    I think more then just Ygritte will die. In a french promo it was leaked that Pyp will die most likely. In the books the magnar of Thenn died during the fight. If Alliser thorne doesn't die Jon's storyline for season 5 is impossible. I also expect Mance Rayder to die and if they decide to choose a lord commander during the fight I expect Janos Slynt to die too. Besides that they might still need a replacement for Donal Noye Grenn could do that role perfectly.

Marked those who haven't died in the books yet.
    Pyp is just a steward, it wouldn't matter much would it (?). How is Alliser living impossible, if anything Jon would still be Lord Commander and he'll just be around to support Janos. They already made it clear no one likes him.
    Mance Rayder is essential for the overall relationship with Stannis, Jon and Melisandre and later at Winterfell. Slynt will probably die like in the books, fans would love it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Not to mention the possible existence of an eight book, and both Winds and Dream being like +1000 pages each, which would each be 2 seasons if dragged out.
    Next season will be the good parts of Feast and Dance being rounded up, and there should be some Winds in it for the characters who are ready for it.
    Exactly.

We`ve got:
    Battle of Mereen and fallout of that
    Batte of Winterfell and fallout of that
    Davos off to Skagos
    Aegon the Whoeverthefuck he is annoying East coast and taking castles
    Euron causing shitstorm in West Coast
    Shitstorm at Castle Black
    KL drama - considering that the only 1 sane Lannister is dead and cocky Flower Guy with his band getting more power...
    Jaime/Brienne voyage straight in to LS trap.

Thats first part of tWoW there.

I`d say that with Sansa we are already in Dance territory. Now they might start dragging us to show some pshychological side of politics but reveal of marrying Harry is ahead of us.
    Last edited by mmoc63637ca40b; 2014-06-03 at 08:35 PM.

Yeah, I think spoiling that he would go to the wall was a bad choice, I actually hoped that after the Iron Bank that Davos would imply that they would be sailing for King's Landing tonight with Tywin commenting about a 'fleet approaching' in a later episode (this fleet would be the iron fleet who is just passing by for the king's moot). But that did not happen.

I do think that Stannis in season 2 was quite briliant, I absolutely loved him at that point. But the fact that he did not have much screentime in season 3 & 4 pretty much reduced his character into nothing for the overall story. I expect season 5 to make that better. We should also be happy that he isn't being reduced into nothingness like Balon Greyjoy is, he hasn't even died.
    Well, at least Balon Greyjoy's character is fairly intact even if still alive

I just dislike the hard-on Stannis has for the Red God considering that for the majority of time his views about this religion was more of a pragmatic kind he saw as overall advantage for the war effort. In the serie he's pretty much a blown out zealot from get-go and especially in S3, where they simply left out a lot of the redeeming/strong qualities of Stannis to give way for more of the red woman stuff.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Pyp is just a steward, it wouldn't matter much would it (?). How is Alliser living impossible, if anything Jon would still be Lord Commander and he'll just be around to support Janos. They already made it clear no one likes him.
    Mance Rayder is essential for the overall relationship with Stannis, Jon and Melisandre and later at Winterfell. Slynt will probably die like in the books, fans would love it.
    @spoiler (Please use your spoiler tags, I used it for a reason because this are -show- spoilers)

Mance Rayder died in the battle aftermath in the book. Don't see why it would be different in the show. Only difference is that we find out later that this was the lord of bones. But that is not something I would reveal in season 4, but I would instead reveal that in season 5.

Also; Alliser Thorne is leading the fight against the Wildlings which they ofcourse win. If he is alive at that point there is no reason for anyone not to choose him. He wasn't a viable candidate in the books because they did not like him. If you win this crushing victory against your enemy everyone will like and support you. Jon can never be lord commander if he doesn't die because it wil just simply not be possible logically, no matter which argument you bring in.

Hnnngh, spoiler discussion. I don't come here so I need to have the effort clicking on black bars!

Deleted
    Well, at least Balon Greyjoy's character is fairly intact even if still alive

I just dislike the hard-on Stannis has for the Red God considering that for the majority of time his views about this religion was more of a pragmatic kind he saw as overall advantage for the war effort. In the serie he's pretty much a blown out zealot from get-go and especially in S3, where they simply left out a lot of the redeeming/strong qualities of Stannis to give way for more of the red woman stuff.
    I think that in the book he is the same zealot as in the show. The only difference is; in the book we always view Stannis from the Davos seaworth viewpoint, which is a little bit more rose tinted so that's why he looks a lot better and nicer. Later on when other characters become his pov we find out he wasn't as 'pragmatic' as he looked like but was more zealous after all, although it's still a means to an end and I think that is the same case in the show.

And well, I don't care much how they portray him in the show, that was the character I fell in love with in season 2 and I am still happy to see Stannis on screen every season. Stephen Dillane is just an absolute brilliant Stannis Baratheon and probably one of the best casted characters around.

- - - Updated - - -

Hnnngh, spoiler discussion. I don't come here so I need to have the effort clicking on black bars!
    Doubt anyone wants to read show spoilers & leaked deaths in awefull promo's though. That's why I mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Heartless much. Rose Leslie is a miracle of the universe. ;_;
    She's doing a really good job at portraying one of the characters I despise the most, I'll give her that, but sorry, my heart goes to Nathalie Emmanuel ^^

When Ygritte was introduced to the show (I read the books after watching the show) in s2, I didn't like her. I didn't like her in s3. I didn't like her in the books. Sooo....

Deleted
    @spoiler (Please use your spoiler tags, I used it for a reason because this are -show- spoilers)

Mance Rayder died in the battle aftermath in the book. Don't see why it would be different in the show. Only difference is that we find out later that this was the lord of bones. But that is not something I would reveal in season 4, but I would instead reveal that in season 5.

Also; Alliser Thorne is leading the fight against the Wildlings which they ofcourse win. If he is alive at that point there is no reason for anyone not to choose him. He wasn't a viable candidate in the books because they did not like him. If you win this crushing victory against your enemy everyone will like and support you. Jon can never be lord commander if he doesn't die because it wil just simply not be possible logically, no matter which argument you bring in.
    Not sure what you're grasping at. Mance Rayder didn't die. Melisandre pretended she burned him alive, but Jon sent him to Winterfell to free "Arya Stark". The letter Jon received later on mentioned Mance getting captured by the Boltons...

Also, Alliser leads them because he is acting commander. No one asked for him to get the position, in the books Slynt was appointed Lord Commander (I believe), but it most certainly wasn't Alliser. Just because he "defeated" the wildings doesn't mean he suddenly became a good leader. He'd still be the shithead to his men he is to Jon. He also didn't defeat the wildings, the men of the Watch took on the raiders from the south, a few dozen men. The 100,000 wildlings on the other side of the damn Wall were defeated by Stannis' cavalry. Everyone cheered Stannis' name for it. If Mance had breached the Wall, the Watch wouldn't stand a chance, and Alliser couldn't have done shit about it.
    Last edited by mmoc1cb88fe73b; 2014-06-03 at 08:40 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    They were already on that list. Dorne has been plotting to overthrow the Baratheons and especially the Lannisters since like forever.
    Yep - the Prince of Dorne drops heavy hints in ADwD (or AFFC? hell - he ought to be named the Prince of Drone, bla bla bla) that he has been plotting with those who are bringing Aegon Targaryen back to Westeros, and he may even have arranged for one of his daughters to marry Aegon?
    Not sure how the Tyrells would like that given Margaery - Tommen betrothal. But the Ironborn jacked the Tyrells up pretty good, so who knows.

Deleted
    Not sure what you're grasping at. Mance Rayder didn't die. Melisandre pretended she burned him alive, but Jon sent him to Winterfell to free "Arya Stark". The letter Jon received later on mentioned Mance getting captured by the Boltons...

Also, Alliser leads them because he is acting commander. No one asked for him to get the position, in the books Slynt was appointed Lord Commander (I believe), but it most certainly wasn't Alliser. Just because he "defeated" them doesn't mean he suddenly became a good leader. He'd still be the shithead to them he is to Jon. He also didn't defeat them, the men of the Watch took on the raiders from the south, a few dozen men. The 100,000 wildlings on the other side of the damn Wall were defeated by Stannis' cavalry. Everyone cheered Stannis' name for it. If Mance had breached the Wall, the Watch didn't stand a chance.
    First part : He DID die, everyone who wasn't informed by Melisandre thinks Mance Rayder is dead. Stannis and the whole night's watch think that for instance, they where never informed. It will be exactly the same in the show, he is dead till we find out he wasn't. His death is most likely in episode 10 and the reveal he wasn't dead is most likely in season 5.

Your Alliser argument still doesn't combat my question : why wouldn't anyone choose him if he held a crushing victory? Alliser has to die and will most likely do so in a fight with Thormund (seen in various promo's) else it is impossible to have a lord commander election where he isn't chosen. No one is stupid enough to not choose the person that helped defend the wall. Look at history, that's how it always happened the person that held a crushing victory became very very popular in a country. You do not stay unpopular if you save everyone their lives.