10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Not only is Rhaegar alive, he's also Mance Rayder. And Howland Reed is the High Septon. Tyrion is a secret Targ and Jon and Danerys will marry and live happily ever after.
    I've heard all the others, but "Rhaegar is alive" is a new one to me. <Wanders off to ASOIAF forums>

Edited to add: man, talk about epileptic trees... then again, this is Martin.
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2015-03-17 at 10:26 PM.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    He's dead. He is. She was. The end.

:P haha I'm just annoyed Ms. Clarke has a no nudity clause now.
    So is there still no confirmation to this, because people were all "no nudity clause" through Season 2 to 3 and then she had boobie scene in one of the last episodes. Rumours I've heard that the person who played that whore whom was spying for Varys and then killed off by Joffrey was the one with no nudity clause and was written off because of that.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Cant believe they cut the Grejoys out, the only thing that kept me reading Crows and along with North sequences, the best part about Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post

The 2nd trailer is here ladies and gentleman, and it is fucking AMAZING.

GO!
    dayum, Dany/Emilia looks so hot (and strict ) @ ~0:34

I would want to serve a Queen like that

at this point I think I'm more excited for new seasons rather then new written ASOIAF material

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    I would want to serve a Queen like that
    I bet you would, I bet you would, you'd love serving under a queen like that.

Hur hur.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    So is there still no confirmation to this, because people were all "no nudity clause" through Season 2 to 3 and then she had boobie scene in one of the last episodes. Rumours I've heard that the person who played that whore whom was spying for Varys and then killed off by Joffrey was the one with no nudity clause and was written off because of that.
    Yeah, I also heard that about Ros (not the killing her off part because of it though).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yeah, I also heard that about Ros (not the killing her off part because of it though).
    Would be kinda funny if that's why they did it though. Extreme case of tits or GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Would be kinda funny if that's why they did it though. Extreme case of tits or GTFO.
    No tits? Fine, we'll have Joffrey beat you to death with a spiked mace, ya prude.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paklaajs View Post
    Cant believe they cut the Grejoys out, the only thing that kept me reading Crows and along with North sequences, the best part about Dance.
    We don't know if they're cut or just delayed for Season 6. It wouldn't be the first time they stalled a storyline. See: the Reeds, Ramsay, Oberyn, etc.

Regarding Brienne going north... I'm excited about the possibility of the real Lightbringer, under the guise of Oathkeeper, moving closer and closer to its true wielder. In the books, I couldn't see how that sword would eventually get up there, but with the show pushing it, I'm pretty confident her journey north plays a much larger role in the scope of things.

Oathkeeper is just Ice reforged, though. Is it possible a sword named Ice could potentially be a flaming sword?

Interesting motifs, I guess - the balance of fire and ice, the rebirth of ice into fire, the duality of Jon's nature, etc.

Deleted
    The only thing I have ever heard is that Dawn is lightbringer and that the sword of the morning is the replacement of Azor Ahai as long as the role itself is vacant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    We don't know if they're cut or just delayed for Season 6. It wouldn't be the first time they stalled a storyline. See: the Reeds, Ramsay, Oberyn, etc.
    They didn't really stall Reeds, they just outright cut them and then they spoofed practically from nowhere with "Oh right, we were meant to be along all the way always" mannerism.

Ramsay wasn't really delayed either because most (all) things regarding him happened in later books. Oberyn came on about right time in terms of story events, halfway to book 3 events and season 4 which was book 3 latter half.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Oathkeeper is just Ice reforged, though. Is it possible a sword named Ice could potentially be a flaming sword?

Interesting motifs, I guess - the balance of fire and ice, the rebirth of ice into fire, the duality of Jon's nature, etc.
    What happened with the other half of Ice? I've forgotten, is it still kept somewhere in King's Landing?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    What happened with the other half of Ice? I've forgotten, is it still kept somewhere in King's Landing?
    It went for Joffrey and then passed to Tommen

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It went for Joffrey and then passed to Tommen
    Mkay. With season 5 soon coming, we're coming dangerously close to the books being spoiled, but I wonder if George tells them his work in progress? He could probably give a decently detailed outline of TWoW by now.

Deleted
    Mkay. With season 5 soon coming, we're coming dangerously close to the books being spoiled, but I wonder if George tells them his work in progress? He could probably give a decently detailed outline of TWoW by now.
    Yeah there's quite a few rumours that the coming series will contain content from the yet to be released books.

Tbh whether it's true or not Georgey boy needs to get his finger out.
    Last edited by mmoc59eefffc0e; 2015-03-23 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNewsEveryone View Post
    Yeah there's quite a few rumours about that the coming series will contain content from the yet to be released books.

Tbh whether it's true or not Georgey boy needs to get his finger out.
    Well he's said that he won't be at SDCC and some other con this year because he's working on The Winds of Winter, so I take that as a good sign. I'm hoping for an early 2016 release.

I believe Martin gave the 2 show writers the general outline to the last 2 books and are the only people who know how it ends.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?