10+ Year Old Account
    Another episode which is the culmination of many plot lines heavily divergent from the source material.

Them ending the rape scene on Theon's face almost seems to devalue Sansa's torment. As others have said, this marriage and rape does not occur in the book.

The Sand Snakes are terrible actresses.

There is some seriously awesome Jaime stuff which should be happening soon, based on what's going on in King's Landing. I'm concerned it will be omitted, since Jaime is stuck in Dorne. He and Bronn are not sent to Dorne in the books, nor is Bronn his lefty sword trainer. Bronn is awesome on the show though, so I'm happy we got to see more of him.

3 out of 10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Oh and to all the book readers and people saying "rape is not a plot device":
    Ah, yes. How dare book readers (or fans) dislike the way certain things are being handled. A tragedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Ah, yes. How dare book readers (or fans) dislike the way certain things are being handled. A tragedy.
    It's not that they're disliking it. It's that they are disliking it ONLY because it's different from the books. It could be the greatest TV piece ever made and you would still cry that it's the wrong person being raped.

BOOKS DON'T WORK ON SCREEN LIKE THEY DO IN BOOKS. And it's bad yes. But people are stupid and most people like to be treated stupid. You can't just introduce a million new characters without building them up. You just don't have the time and patience of the watchers. It sucks but that's the way it is and you can't change it. It just doesn't work.
    Name one movie / TV show that didn't deviate from the source material and was actually decent. Trust me you won't find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamortykins View Post
    Another sexual assault scene that isn't in the books...seriously, do these guys know how to develop a female character's story WITHOUT having her raped?
    You do realize they basically gave Sansa Jeyne Pool's scene, right? A toned down version at that.

But, no, you're right...

I guess Arya, Brienne, Margaery, Melisandre, Missandei, Ygrette, Olenna, not to even mention the book-only female characters just don't count as a female character's story.

Them ending the rape scene on Theon's face almost seems to devalue Sansa's torment.
    But...there was a close up of Sansa's face for as long, if not longer, right before that. How does that suddenly devalue Sansa's torment?
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2015-05-18 at 03:37 AM.

I liked this episode, controversial final scene and all.
    But the Sand Snakes are so bad they make me sad.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Gonna be funny if Sansa suddenly becomes powerful, GRRM destroying his own story to appease SJW radfems
    A woman being repeatedly victimized is hardly a "story". And you don't have to be a "SJW radfem" to disapprove of rape.

I almost feel more for Theon than for Sansa.
    And this is the quintessence of the scene's awfulness and stupidity. In and of itself its bad, but if its purpose is to launch some kind of "Redeem Theon" arc, then its not just lazy writing, but its the most nauseating kind of audience manipulation.

I just felt sorry for Sansa

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Wow never thought I'd see Sansa be de-flowered.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Lamortykins View Post
    A woman being repeatedly victimized is hardly a "story". And you don't have to be a "SJW radfem" to disapprove of rape.
    No, that's actually a story and a damn good one at that. Disapprove with rape, that's all well and good but you need to realize exactly what show you're watching here.

Deleted
    It's not that they're disliking it. It's that they are disliking it ONLY because it's different from the books. It could be the greatest TV piece ever made and you would still cry that it's the wrong person being raped.
    I obviously can't speak for anyone but myself, but I feel it's not so much AMG DIFFRUNT as it is that they're making these huge changes that make little to no sense within their own canon. Sansa being sold off to a man Littlefinger confesses he knows nothing about (despite his hunts hardly being a particularily secret event) is bloody dumb. So is not being there to see her wed, so is somehow not hearing about what's been happening with the Faith Militant in King's Landing...

So yeah, the main gripe I have is inconsistency within its own story. I mean I rather liked the second season and that was very different from the novel, but it didn't choose to randomly go against all previous character development in a primarily character driven series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering 'the good guys' hardly get anything good in that world, things aren't looking very good.

Everything rests upon Stannis the manis.

No, that's actually a story and a damn good one at that. Disapprove with rape, that's all well and good but you need to realize exactly what show you're watching here.
    Difference of opinion then, I guess. I thought we were going to finally see Sansa take charge of her life and learn how to play the game (of thrones) but here she is again, tied to a sociopath, but this time its in her own home...

I don't get Littlefinger. He must have known this would happen. If he claims he loved Cat/cares about Sansa why in the world would he send her off like a lamb to the lion's den?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Oh, come on. For one, this is set in a different time. Rape is something that happens. Second, you shouldn't try to censor a fictitious TV show because you're offended by it. You're trying to add morals and values (and modern day laws) to a fucking TV show.

It's stupid.
    Ehhh it is rather a low-hanging fruit as far as character development is concerned, particularily when you repeatedly use it.

It's like someone going insane in a Blizzard narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Ehhh it is rather a low-hanging fruit as far as character development is concerned, particularily when you repeatedly use it.

It's like someone going insane in a Blizzard narrative.
    yeah.."i got raped and now i'm a different person" loses its shock value pretty quickly..

Deleted
    Very shock, much value.

Also Cersei divulging a big secret about Jaime to Littlefinger, wont take him long to figure it out and make use of the info.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Also Cersei divulging a big secret about Jaime to Littlefinger, wont take him long to figure it out and make use of the info.
    No one ever accused Cersei of being particularly clever. Tywin knew her better than anyone which is why he sent Tyrion to be the hand...the son he hated and despised.

Oh and for those like Lamorty who keep whining about rape...just which fucking show do you think you're watching? If you don't like it, don't watch it. In the immortally wicked words of Ramsey Bolton

Who was raped? I know it wasn't Sansa since her duty is to get boned on her wedding night.

I feel like we're already passed where book 5 ended. Little Finger planning on taking an army to Winterfell is quite the development and could probably be what is going to happen in the books.

I feel like there's a secret alliance with Stannis we're not seeing yet.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2015-05-18 at 06:09 PM.