Well, they cut the Kettlebacks, that's the problem (of arresting Margaery). I think it was probably a good decision to cut them for the television show, but Cersei really needs some figure to be her man-pawn in KL - you have the disgraced Maester doing his Frankenstein thing in the basement, but that's it. Trant could have admirably taken that role, but apparently Trant needs to be killed by Arya.

Without that henchman, the whole plot against Margaery is nothing but the verbal sparring we've seen between the two. I don't recall exactly why Cersei wanted to arm the Faith Militant in the books, but it wasn't to get out of her marriage to Loras, she did that by asking him to storm Dragonstone. Was it solely to plot against Margaery? I don't even remember any more.

She doesn't do it proactively. Basically she causes the death of the High Septon that was appointed by Tyrion, and the Faith get suuuuuper pissed. They appoint the High Sparrow as the High Septon and Tywin's stuff ends up getting sold by them (Along with all of the expensive stuff the last High Septon had) to pay for the poor after he's dead.

Cersei, in response to get them to calm the hell down AND get them to forgive the money the Crown owed them, reinstates the Faith Militant. But its implied that the High Sparrow intentionally did all of it in order to get to where he is.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2015-05-21 at 02:06 AM.

Oh yes, to forgive the Crown's debt. I forgot about that.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Well, they cut the Kettlebacks, that's the problem (of arresting Margaery). I think it was probably a good decision to cut them for the television show, but Cersei really needs some figure to be her man-pawn in KL - you have the disgraced Maester doing his Frankenstein thing in the basement, but that's it. Trant could have admirably taken that role, but apparently Trant needs to be killed by Arya.

Without that henchman, the whole plot against Margaery is nothing but the verbal sparring we've seen between the two. I don't recall exactly why Cersei wanted to arm the Faith Militant in the books, but it wasn't to get out of her marriage to Loras, she did that by asking him to storm Dragonstone. Was it solely to plot against Margaery? I don't even remember any more.
    She was trying to act all cunningly by cutting a deal. The Faith re-arms if it forgives the Crown debts, which as I recall amounted to a significant percentage of the total.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    She doesn't do it proactively. Basically she causes the death of the High Septon that was appointed by Tyrion, and the Faith get suuuuuper pissed. They appoint the High Sparrow as the High Septon and Tywin's stuff ends up getting sold by them (Along with all of the expensive stuff the last High Septon had) to pay for the poor after he's dead.

Cersei, in response to get them to calm the hell down AND get them to forgive the money the Crown owed them, reinstates the Faith Militant. But its implied that the High Sparrow intentionally did all of it in order to get to where he is.
    That's a better summary

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    don't recall exactly why Cersei wanted to arm the Faith Militant in the books, ...
    It's been a while since I read the book and my memory is misty, so I'm probably wrong, but the impression I took from it was similar to that I have from the TV, that Cersei thought she could use them as a sort of extra-legal arm against her opponents. Similar to, say, nationalists in Weimar Germany using the Brownshirts to fight Communists etc. And just like the Germany nationalists, she ended up a riding a tiger. The fanatics initially do her bidding, but gradually become more powerful, more extreme and more uninhibited, turning on her.

I may be wrong - I certainly forgot the debts - but that was the feeling I got from the book. (It stood out, as it seemed about the only story arc in that book that went anywhere).

Hey lads,

Is anyone else pissed about the direction the GoT TV series has taken? I'm sure you've noticed the massive quality drop since the new season started, but that was expected since Martin stopped writing the scripts. I've read all the books and while I dislike deviations from the original storyline I do understand they can be a necessity for a relatively simple TV series. Especially since it's being released at a faster pace than the books.

This last season though, has taken things too far. Especially episode 6. Seriously, there is so much wrong and so many changes seem completely unnecessary!

What's up with the ridiculous scene of Jaime and Bronn going to Dorne? What about Tyrion and Jorah's trip? Just horrible, yet neither of those are as bad as Sansa's rape scene. I admit, as a father of 3 beautiful girls and a wife that's the spitting image of Sansa, the scene was particularly infuriating, but that aside, it's completely off track!

In the book, Sansa never marries that bastard. Jeyne Poole does, pretending to be Arya so the Boltons have reason to claim the North. Why did they have to change this particularly important, plot defining, aspect of the book?

While small changes and deviations are a necessary evil, this one seems too big and especially unnecessary. It has left me bitter, angry and disappointed. To the point I decided to stop watching the series as a whole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    In the book, Sansa never marries that bastard. Jeyne Poole does, pretending to be Arya so the Boltons have reason to claim the North. Why did they have to change this particularly important, plot defining, aspect of the book?
    Because Jeyne Poole has never been mentioned once in the series and Sansa has nothing else to do.

So you've stopped watching, why bother making the post?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Also, KrazyK923 is looking far better than you, Protar. You just come off as a troll.
    I think they just need to bang and get it over with, the sexual tension in the thread is palpable.

The only question is which one of them is Ramsay and which one is Sansa, so to speak.

Because Jeyne Poole has never been mentioned once in the series and Sansa has nothing else to do.
    She was in s1?
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    She was in s1?
    Who played her then?

Deleted
    She was in there, for like... 30 seconds ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    She was in there, for like... 30 seconds ?
    Looked it up, this is the wikipedia entry

In the television adaptation, an unidentified extra appeared briefly as Jeyne.
    So if you want to call <20 seconds of screentime and them not even bothering to cast an actress and use an extra as appearing in the series, then yeah she appeared in the series.

So lets just have Sansa sit in the Eyrie and wheel someone back out who 5 seasons in, has 20 seconds of screentime to build there character. Hell her dad the Castellan isn't even mentioned once.

Deleted
    I think it's strange how people that usually complain (People like the owners of westeros, but also friends of mine) seems to love episode 6 while those that usually do not complain hate episode 6.

while those that usually do not complain hate episode 6.
    Oh my you don't visit Tumblr, do you?

Most of what that website is is just incessant complaining, and they threw a mighty temper tantrum after the episode.

I think they just need to bang and get it over with, the sexual tension in the thread is palpable.

The only question is which one of them is Ramsay and which one is Sansa, so to speak.
    Oh I'm the top in that relationship. You know it.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2015-05-21 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Looked it up, this is the wikipedia entry

So if you want to call <20 seconds of screentime and them not even bothering to cast an actress and use an extra as appearing in the series, then yeah she appeared in the series.

So lets just have Sansa sit in the Eyrie and wheel someone back out who 5 seasons in, has 20 seconds of screentime to build there character. Hell her dad the Castellan isn't even mentioned once.
    It matters not. Sansa in Jeyne's role might have catastrophic consequences for the series. Ramsay's consumption of a legitimate marriage to a real stark confirms his claim on Winterfell. This never happens in the book. How will they tackle this problem when it undoubtedly arises? Some changes are needed, other, bigger ones, could side-track the story to a point that it'll be hard to recuperate/correct. I predict this was one of those changes.

I don't get why "everyone on the internet" was so upset by Sansa's rape scene, she is a boring character after all. I only know why I was.

So you've stopped watching, why bother making the post?
    Thread: TV/BOOKS GoT.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2015-05-21 at 07:31 AM.

They'll probably tackle it with the blatant stories they have about to crash into one another there.

Stannis and his army, the Boltons and their army, Littlefinger and the Knights of the Vale, nevermind Theon and Sansa probably going to at least escape, if not kill Ramsay as they do so.

Honestly Jeyne's story is just a more roundabout way for Martin to eventually get to where the show is going regarding Winterfell anyway. He's said as much. The endings are the same but the journeys will differ between the book and snow.

I'm not sure in what way it could be "catastrophic" for the series. You talk about correcting the story but that seems imply the story has gone horribly awry. We don't even know what's going to happen to anybody in Winterfell yet.

Thread: TV/BOOKS GoT.
    Are you really going to use that excuse when your original thread was you talking about the show and you not watching it anymore, and a moderator just combined it with this thread?
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2015-05-21 at 07:33 AM.

Deleted
    We also do not know what Sansa's storyline is in TWOW. Who knows, might be something very very similar to what we've seen this season.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    It matters not. Sansa in Jeyne's role might have catastrophic consequences for the series. Ramsay's consumption of a legitimate marriage to a real stark confirms his claim on Winterfell. This never happens in the book. How will they tackle this problem when it undoubtedly arises? Some changes are needed, other, bigger ones, could side-track the story to a point that it'll be hard to recuperate/correct. I predict this was one of those changes.

I don't get why "everyone on the internet" was so upset by Sansa's rape scene, she is a boring character after all. I only know why I was.
    We have another 24 hours of Game of Thrones, the series will not end the same as the books will, it doesn't have enough time left to cover the 2 unwritten books. I think we'll get something similar, but it won't be what the book ending will be.

As for the "legitimate claim", Ramsay is a Bolton by Lannister decree, Stannis doesn't give a fuck about any Lannister decree's, he's still a bastard to him, therefore the claim still lies with Sansa (probably), so Stannis will either murderfy the Boltons, in which case it won't matter what claim Ramsay has, or the Boltons will win and it doesn't really matter if they've got Sansa or not, they still hold the castle, the claim means fuck all.

So stopping watching the show, keep reading the books, and enjoy.

EDIT: As for "bigger and bigger changes", if that's true, how have you not seen stuff like this coming from Season 2 when they started to make the small changes. Most of us have seen stuff like this coming a mile off, and did when they announced that they were only going to do seven seasons, and have come to terms with the idea that the TV show is an adaptation of the books, with all that the word adaptation entails.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2015-05-21 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    They'll probably tackle it with the blatant stories they have about to crash into one another there.

Stannis and his army, the Boltons and their army, Littlefinger and the Knights of the Vale, nevermind Theon and Sansa probably going to at least escape, if not kill Ramsay as they do so.

Honestly Jeyne's story is just a more roundabout way for Martin to eventually get to where the show is going regarding Winterfell anyway. He's said as much. The endings are the same but the journeys will differ between the book and snow.

I'm not sure in what way it could be "catastrophic" for the series. You talk about correcting the story but that seems imply the story has gone horribly awry. We don't even know what's going to happen to anybody in Winterfell yet.
    I know he said what he's supposed to say, to not spoil WoW.

But you do not know what will happen in WoW. Killing Ramsay in the show, might be catastrophic if he has other roles to fulfil in WoW.

We have another 24 hours of Game of Thrones, the series will not end the same as the books will
    Yet, many in this thread say they have proof it will.

That's assuming Stannis wins, which doesn't seem plausible considering how his siege on Winterfell went and the (probable) death of Jon Snow. It's still possible though.

Obviously we still have Bran and Rickon who have a more plausible claim, but they're young and far away.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2015-05-21 at 07:38 AM.

I know he said what he's supposed to say, to not spoil WoW.

But you do not know what will happen in WoW. Killing Ramsay in the show, might be catastrophic if he has other roles to fulfil in WoW.
    I never even said it Ramsay will die. I said potentially. And it seems pretty inevitable the show is going to spoil some, if not a big chunk, of the FINAL outcome of the series. We'll probably know a lot about the Winterfell part of the North storyline of WoW because of the show.

Yet, many in this thread say they have proof it will.
    Martin flatout said the show and books are moving toward the same end, but are diverging on the road to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by George R. R. Martin
    David and Dan and Bryan and HBO are trying to make the best television series that they can.

And over here I am trying to write the best novels that I can.

And yes, more and more, they differ. Two roads diverging in the dark of the woods, I suppose... but all of us are still intending that at the end we will arrive at the same place.
    http://grrm.livejournal.com/427713.html
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2015-05-21 at 07:39 AM.

Deleted
    Huh, didn't know that, kinda sucks. Ah well.