10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Shireen was left with Selyse and Melisandre at the Wall. So...Its not exactly hard to see what's going to happen.

Also it really just sounds like you don't want it to be Martin's idea for some reason when it clearly was.
    I was really disappointed that Stannis killed Shireen. He's a fucking nutjob.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Ramsey will win, then he'll run of to the Melisandre with his balls cut off beggin for a miracle.
    I will quit the show if that happens i want him to die sick of him already
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    You could see the pure disgust in their eyes, without a huge twist, I just can't see him winning vs bolton
    Mellisandre will just get down on all fours and shit out some smoke ninjas again.

Fuck this show some times, honestly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Arya's plot is getting extremely boring. Too many new characters in a short space of time
    What new characters? The "thin man" and the other girl at the temple. Everyone else in her scenes we've seen before. Are we watching the same thing? Cos it seems like some of Arya's plot is finally about to pay off... far from boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    I was really disappointed that Stannis killed Shireen. He's a fucking nutjob.
    To be fair he is surrounded by alot of stuff going on that has to be mentally taxing even mentally challenging for those in the right mind, also barely any food or water losing the war and your army gets almost defeated by a mere 20 men, then someone comes along and says if you give up your daughter to the lord of the light or whatever it'll end what would you do in his position?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Having too much happen too soon would make the show seem rushed and empty. Yes, its cool to see a battle, but I want to see what lead to that battle happening. Likewise for literally every other plot. The ending is meaningless without the build up. Sansa is a different type of story than the rest of the group, so is theon. Different plot points develop at different rates.
    But there isn't too much too soon, the only significant thing that has happened was Hardhome and Tyrion getting to Daenarys.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    What new characters? The "thin man" and the other girl at the temple. Everyone else in her scenes we've seen before. Are we watching the same thing? Cos it seems like some of Arya's plot is finally about to pay off... far from boring.
    I think she has one of the most interesting storylines in the show, right below Jon Snow and Bran Stark for me. She's in my top 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    To be fair he is surrounded by alot of stuff going on that has to be mentally taxing even mentally challenging for those in the right mind, also barely any food or water losing the war and your army gets almost defeated by a mere 20 men, then someone comes along and says if you give up your daughter to the lord of the light or whatever it'll end what would you do in his position?
    Even with the hate, i'd go through with it for Westeros. There is a war that must be fought, tough choices have to be made. We all know the Lord Of Light is legit, couple of seasons ago, that one guy was stabbed and was resurrected by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Commander Jon Snow View Post
    No, just no.

It's most likely going to be Jon Snow unless they want to mind fuck us.
    Say "just no" all you want. There is not one single fact that support your claim. All the events people try to twist, like his wounds smoking he he gets stabbed and people crying, are all bullshit because not one significant part of Jon's rebirth happens when the red comet is flying through the sky. Daenerys is born of salt and smoke on Dragonstone and reborn of salt and smoke again on Drogo's funeral pyre. And she is the ONLY character to wake the stone dragons. Jon being Azor Ashi being reborn is as grounded in the facts as the moon landing being filmed in Arizona.

As for tonight's episode.

They made Shireen cooler on the show then in the books, but she was basically dead weight. No problem with them killing her off. Its really going to turn up the Stanis hate though.

OK, even with the show having a ton less rape than the books, that scene in the brothel made me cringe. It's not like the Sansa scene where the character just switched spots. It was created for the show and did nothing to help further the storyline. Everyone already hates Meryn Trant and wants to see Ayra kill him. Did they really have to give him an obviously underage girl to go have sex with too?

Been waiting for that fighting pit scene since before the season started. Got the finish we knew was coming, but it was weak sauce in terms of the rest of the sequence. The Sons of the Harpy literally stood there, far out numbering Daenerys defenders, when they could have just rushed and killed them all. Yes yes they wouldn't let all those characters die, but its lazy writing to have it play out in such an unbelievable way. It was the same last week with the white walker picking Job up multiple times and tossing him dozens of feet away. Instead of just stabbing him and being done with it. Its lazy writing and directing, pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Say "just no" all you want. There is not one single fact that support your claim. All the events people try to twist, like his wounds smoking he he gets stabbed and people crying, are all bullshit because not one significant part of Jon's rebirth happens when the red comet is flying through the sky. Daenerys is born of salt and smoke on Dragonstone and reborn of salt and smoke again on Drogo's funeral pyre. And she is the ONLY character to wake the stone dragons. Jon being Azor Ashi being reborn is as grounded in the facts as the moon landing being filmed in Arizona.
    There is a comet of sorts, Ser Patrick a knight whose heraldry is of a star gets killed by a giant and his heraldry becomes stained red with blood so a comet of sorts is there flying above while everything is happening. As of now both Dany and Jon are options, people just favor Jon because of R+L=J, and cause Melisandre keeps seeing him.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Azor_Ahai/Theories Has a nice bit of info on all of this.

Was awesome watching Dany fly off on the dragon, but did anybody else ask themselves...."Thats great, but what about the rest of her crew?!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Was awesome watching Dany fly off on the dragon, but did anybody else ask themselves...."Thats great, but what about the rest of her crew?!!"
    the scene is really really lackluster compared to the book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I thought the same thing.

-------------------

Stannis has gone up to the top of my list of people I want to see die horribly. I honestly hope the Boltons get him and flay him alive.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Rofl this made me laugh, Stannis fans summed up in one gif.

Also, anyone else expecting Brienne to be the one who takes out Stannis now? They kinda made it an afterthought, maybe in order to make it a forefront sooner than later.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Since Shireen and Melisandre are still back at the wall, I doubt it. The fact that they said it was GRRM's idea makes it sound like it wasn't what was really supposed to happen, too. Also, I kinda sorta hope GRRM is trying to steer the series a bit off so it doesn't spoil the books, and even if they do, people won't really know because it's buried beneath all the changes.
    The problem I have is simply "who's idea was it?" and "who carries it out?"

This happened with Dany's (second) marriage. She was clearly forced into it, politically, in the books. In the show there was some level of necessity, but it seemed much more her idea.

With Stannis I get the sense that it's going to be more Mel carrying it out in the books. But I could be wrong. It just feels hackneyed to me. Maybe it's because show-Stannis felt more heartfelt, whereas book Stannis felt more brittle and gritty to me. Thus book Stannis it'll feel more in his character.

- - - Updated - - -

She's gonna come back with a Khalasar and fuck some shit up.

- - - Updated - - -

I already dealt with this. By your logic: Dany has no flaming sword, therefore can't be AA.

A good portion of this is metaphorical (and/or composite). If you can't see that, then there's little that can be done for you.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, even with the show having a ton less rape than the books, that scene in the brothel made me cringe. It's not like the Sansa scene where the character just switched spots. It was created for the show and did nothing to help further the storyline. Everyone already hates Meryn Trant and wants to see Ayra kill him. Did they really have to give him an obviously underage girl to go have sex with too?
    Have the books even gotten to the point where some emissary from KL is heading to Braavos? That scene could yet be coming in the books.

They made Shireen cooler on the show then in the books, but she was basically dead weight. No problem with them killing her off. Its really going to turn up the Stanis hate though
    Between Stannis being a brittler, more rigid person in the books, and Shireen being mostly an afterthought to Patchface it's going to feel much more in keeping with his character when she dies.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2015-06-08 at 04:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    She's gonna come back with a Khalasar and fuck some shit up.
    Hopefully they'll have fewer problems with men in dresses.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Blatantly obvious Daenerys and John Snow will fusion dance and turn into Azor Ahai.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Bowen Marsh's salty tears on Jon’s wounds provide the smoke and salt.
    When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone.
    From Jon’s dream:
    Jon was armored in black ice, but his blade burned red in his fist. As the dead men reached the top of the Wall he sent them down to die again.
    Mel’s flames:
    I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R’hllor shows me only Snow.
    Mel’s words:
    This is my place as it is yours, and soon enough you may have grave need of me. Do not refuse my friendship, Jon. I have seen you in the storm, hard- pressed, with enemies on every side. You have so many enemies. Shall I tell you their names?
    Shall I find more proof for you? There's enough on Jon just as much as Dany whether you like it or not.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

One of my issues with the unsullied is how they feel too disciplined. I mean is a Eunuch ever going to fight as hard a a man protecting his wife and children, or a man serving a good lord, or even some dude who just wants a big pay day? Are they ever going to go into a berserker rage when they see their friends die and do some crazy shit?

The Unsullied are living weapons yes but if I ever got teleported to the GoT world i would rather have a legion of men i grew up with that are fighting for their families, that have a reason to make it back home, instead of a legion of unsullied.

So, just finished watching the episode.

While I don't have a theoretical problem with Stannis' making a blood sacrifice to R'hllor, it felt completely off for him to go from how much he loved Shireen like...3 weeks ago....to burning his daughter at the stake. What precipitated this? An ambush where already-scarce food stores were burned? The killing of their horses....which actually replenishes that food source? They were already stuck, afaik, on the road to Winterfell, last we checked. In this whole season they've travelled like, 50 miles, while Mace Tyrell has gone from King's Landing across the Narrow Sea to Braavos, Tyrion has made it from KL to fucking Mereen, and Jorah has been to Volantis and back. Stannis's men weren't going to make it, regardless, and this was pretty clear in the show.....so now this is the straw breaking the camel's back? Weirdly, like Sooba, I think book Stannis was much more grim and do-what-it-takes, and more likely to do a thing like this; and yet he was hesitating killing Asha, heir to the Seastone Chair, and they had no relation at all - his hesitation was tied up in his sense of justice and the dishonor of killing a hostage.

I thought the more elegant solution would have been for Selyse to do it in secret, and Stannis having to accept it when Shireen's on the stake in front of his men and he can't take it back for looking weak. Instead you have this weak-ass plot to try and expose the opposite nature of two characters without ever building the bridge you're trying to cross. The Selyse thing was especially jarring, one second she's like "The Lord of Light wants this," the next she's running and weeping towards her child. There's literally no sense to the switch in their viewpoints. Hell, Stannis is noted for his stubbornness.....and this is the thing which finally breaks it? And this wasn't him being desperate - he made a plan when he sent Davos off, because he knew Davos would riot and break shit. It was cold, and it was calculated. He, in fact, actually gave Davos the solution as a message, which could have potentially worked. I don't particularly like Stannis in the books (and I don't think you're supposed to), so I don't really care about his "fall from grace," so to speak, which is really only a show storyline. But this storyline seemed to fly in the face of even the much stricter, much harder Stannis of the books. Shireen has literally done nothing wrong - burning her is the ultimate in injustice. How does he come to that point? These are all "character development" questions, and not really questions stemming from a passion for Stannis and crying "How could he?"

And for those of you who were like, "It's okay, she gave him permission..." LOL. He said some vague statement about "there is no choice when a man of destiny has to become what he is," and she's like "Oh let me help daddy!" I'm pretty sure if he was like, "Well, how do you feel about being burned at the stake to appease the god of an obvious sorceress?" she would have shown how much smarter she is than him and be like, "That's idiotic." It just makes him look dumb as hell. Why isn't he questioning Melisandre about why she didn't see Ramsay's attack coming? Especially since he was setting fires in his attack? What use is her farseeing if she can't see shit?

Only other interesting thing was Hizdihr being stabbed (dying?) There's a huge question in the books whether he's the Son of the Harpy, and...I'm not sure it's resolved here. We don't see him die, outright, it could have been him covering his ass.

I'm not sure I care for the Sons of the Harpy trying to stage an assassination at the games. This is an organization that always struck me as shadowy and, more to it, small, but it seems like they have the numbers to form an outright rebellion - so why haven't they done it until now? And why were they killing Masters in the stands? Even in the show, the Sons were supposedly compromised of sons of the former Masters angry that Dany took everything from them.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2015-06-08 at 04:45 AM.