That isn't the point, though. It's that they not only contradicted their strategy after the season ended, but went in the full blown opposite direction and basically confirmed that he's coming back.

It's just a really odd choice of marketing. It's not like Game of Thrones was struggling for viewers and needed to attract more.

Deleted
    Pretty sure we've already covered this when the first shots of Jon Snow filming came out, and we can't keep beating dead horses can we Krazy?

Stannis ain't dead yo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Pretty sure we've already covered this when the first shots of Jon Snow filming came out, and we can't keep beating dead horses can we Krazy?

Stannis ain't dead yo
    That's some bad pussy.

Deleted
    Guys guys guys why aren't we talking about Lady Stoneheart?

Deleted
    Because Sansa got raped.

Stannis ain't dead yo
    Yeah but there's a difference between leaked shots and official advertising.

But yes.

Deleted
    In other news (but still possibly about dead horses), this came out yesterday, possibility of more than one big battle next season? I do agree with the article in that Game of Thrones are feeling the heat from previous seasons and that they have to compete with themselves, Season 5 hopefully showed them that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Guys guys guys why aren't we talking about Lady Stoneheart?
    Not sure if joking or not, because every time I bring her up...sadface

10+ Year Old Account

Stannis ain't dead yo
    'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This King is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you had stopped watching that episode, 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-KING!!
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This King is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you had stopped watching that episode, 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-KING!!

Imagine this scene, but i'm Pippin, Stannis is Faramir, and Krazy is Denethor.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    In other news (but still possibly about dead horses), this came out yesterday, possibility of more than one big battle next season? I do agree with the article in that Game of Thrones are feeling the heat from previous seasons and that they have to compete with themselves, Season 5 hopefully showed them that.
    Riverrun won't have that much, methinks. It needs to be taken by the Frey/Lannister Alliance, unless it diverges from the book there. As I recall there's a joke of a battle, a siege, and then a yielding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Riverrun won't have that much, methinks. It needs to be taken by the Frey/Lannister Alliance, unless it diverges from the book there. As I recall there's a joke of a battle, a siege, and then a yielding.
    if it follows the book, by the time Jaime gets there, the siege is all but over and is just that the Blackfish won't yield, the siege is over in the space of 2 chapters of Jaime I think, so it'll probably be one episode, I imagine it'll be done by mid season. With maybe an episode or 2 of Jaime in Kings Landing seeing the aftermath of Myrcella death/Cersei walk of shame before being sent off by Cersei for failing to protect another one of her children, then maybe a few episodes of travelling.

The other battle I was thinking of was due to reports that there's been a White Walker army seen filming, so maybe they finally attack the Wall, and depending on who Jon takes to Winterfell with him, we might see the last stand of the Nights Watch.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2015-11-24 at 12:39 AM.

now question is on which side will John be? stay with bros on wall, get revenge? go rescue sansa? go full 360 and join his Uncle Lich king?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lakisa View Post
    now question is on which side will John be? stay with bros on wall, get revenge? go rescue sansa? go full 360 and join his Uncle Lich king?
    He was seen in Stark armor. Pretty sure he's alive and well and fighting the Boltons.

Deleted
    His bro's on the wall just stabbed him, so I doubt he'll stick around.
    He's also not an ass, so I doubt he'll want revenge for them saying "Hey guy we don't agree with what you're doing", albeit in a very dickish way.
    Sansa will most likely be on her way to the Wall already with whatever is left of Stannis' army, where else are they going to go?

He'll be taking over Stannis role from the books most likely, uniting the unhappy Northern Lords under the banner of "The North Remembers", more than likely find Rickon, and work to place him on the throne of Winterfell.

Now my only question is, did Robb officially make Jon Snow his heir in the show like he did in the books? Could they pull that out from nowhere?

We know all answers from Filming Spoilers.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

The whole point of Jon dying is that he is freed from his vows, which in the books are a serious deal for him. He has honor, he's Ned's adoptive son after all. They didn't really show how much he wanted to be a Stark in the TV series.

Growing up as the two eldest boys, Jon developed a friendly rivalry with Robb, whom he differs from in appearance and personality. Once, they were at a continued game of sword-play in which they would shout out the names of great heroes when Jon called out (as he had countless times before), that he was "Lord of Winterfell", leading Robb to swiftly reply for the first time that he "couldn't ever be Lord of Winterfell" as he was bastard-born. This became a sore memory for Jon, as part of him always wanted to succeed Lord Eddard and resented that it was impossible for him. When he had been a boy at Winterfell, his hero had been the Young Dragon, the boy king who had conquered Dorne at the age of fourteen. Despite his bastard birth, or perhaps because of it, Jon had dreamed of leading men to glory just as King Daeron had and bestowing honor on the house he had never really belonged to. He hoped to somewhat fulfill these ambitions when joining the Watch but becomes disillusioned and ashamed of such dreams, resigning himself to his fate upon the Wall
    I do wonder what he will do with the mutineers, though.

I can't recall if Robb legitimised Jon in the show.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    The whole point of Jon dying is that he is freed from his vows, which in the books are a serious deal for him. He has honor, he's Ned's adoptive son after all. They didn't really show how much he wanted to be a Stark in the TV series.

I do wonder what he will do with the mutineers, though.
    How many do you think will actually survive the first onslaught on the wall? Jon may never see them much again.

Honestly, if Jon does much "uniting" in the show, I don't think his real goal will have anything to do with the Boltons. He'd just fight them for the chance to be able to form a defense against the Others.

Deleted
    See I don't think they made as big a deal of Jons vow's in the show as they did in the books.

In the books even if (when) Jon comes back to life, I can't see him doing anything other than serving the Nights Watch, cos throwing a "cheers from freeing me from my vows lads, i'm off down south", would seem entirely out of character. Whereas in the show I could easily see it happening. Unless Jon doesn't leave by choice, afterall I doubt an organisation that exists to fight the Undead would be too happy about having there previous Lord Commander recover from a serious case of stabby death and then carry on in the Nights Watch.