Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    That true Targ thing makes no sense. Targaryen kings died burned to a crisp. Targaryens may have a tolerence to heat above than normal, but they are not immune to fire.
    I mean, in the books there's legends of Targ kings immune to fire (IIRC) but none in living memory.

Daenerys isn't supposed to be immune to fire.

She gets burned in the books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Daenerys isn't supposed to be immune to fire.

She gets burned in the books.
    Considering she stepped into a raging bonfire and only lost her hair. I'll chalk that up to Immunity to Fire damage. I've seen people suffer minor burns just getting to close to a bonfire, let alone walk into one.

Anyways the parallel imagery will be more important to the story than explaining the midiochlorians of it.

It will be really satisfying to get some closure on the Tower of Joy though. Since the only thing worse than Martin not finishing the books. Is Martin trolling his fans with with badly kept secrets.

The raging bonfire was magic. Drogo's fire burns her in Dance with dragons. CBA to find the quote, but it does.

If anything is magical fire, it's dragon fire.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    If anything is magical fire, it's dragon fire.

Nghhh.

The bonfire didn't claim her because it was sacrificial magic. She's not immune to fire and GRRM has said this already.

Personally, the burning Jon's corpse back to life theory sounds stupid. There's no precedent as far as I know for dead people being burned back to life, like some kind of cauterizing life paddles. Furthermore, Jon's already been burned on the show. No, when he comes back it'll most likely be something we've already seen/read before. Considering the rumors that Melisandre fails, I'm gonna guess that she administers the kiss of life (or whatever it's called Beric gave LSH), sacrificing herself in a last ditch effort to save what she will come to believe is Azor Ahai.

Also, his sword will totally not be burning (I believe the burning sword theory to be legend originally referring to a comet)

GRRM did state that she isn't immune to fire, if she tried it again it (probably) wouldn't work, it was a one off miracle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    He may have said that, but the show seems to be going a bit of a different route with her, since there have been a few scenes where they indicate she's less affected by heat/fire damage.
    If I remember correctly, this happens in the book too, and aye, it does hint that she has heat resistance, however that doesn't mean she is immune to fire. Though, I agree, I think it is ambiguous, probably on purpose, it adds to the mystique of her character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Her character intro in the show is her getting into a boiling hot spa bath nood.

She clearly has some passive fire resistance. I would say at least 100-200 passive fire res. Maybe a bit of Shadow res as well vs all the spells.

Deleted
    clip on jimmy kimmel

Plot Twist:

Last edited by Tommy T; 2016-04-20 at 09:45 PM.

Deleted
    I wonder what would have happened if Tyrion had married Arya Stark, those two together vs Kings Landing..

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Looking at all these trailers, Arya has become more interesting to me. I really want to see her as a deadly assassin, ruthlessly going after the people on her list.
    Since the Faceless God has its own agenda, she most likely wouldn't be tasked with killing people on her list. I'm gonna guess that before her training as actually complete she'll be tasked with killing someone she loves i.e. Jon or Gendry, etc. and will have to make a choice between being Arya and a Stark or completely giving up her persona to the FG.

Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    Plot Twist:

LOL, I can't even imagine. Hopefully no one falls for this.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Considering she stepped into a raging bonfire and only lost her hair. I'll chalk that up to Immunity to Fire damage. I've seen people suffer minor burns just getting to close to a bonfire, let alone walk into one.

Anyways the parallel imagery will be more important to the story than explaining the midiochlorians of it.

It will be really satisfying to get some closure on the Tower of Joy though. Since the only thing worse than Martin not finishing the books. Is Martin trolling his fans with with badly kept secrets.
    She burns her hands pretty badly after that event. She is not immune to fire. It was a one-off special event, and is meant to be taken that way.

Also isnt her riding drogon more proof shes fire retarded. A dragons skin is like fire and it burns her clothes but not her skin

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    If I remember correctly, this happens in the book too, and aye, it does hint that she has heat resistance, however that doesn't mean she is immune to fire. Though, I agree, I think it is ambiguous, probably on purpose, it adds to the mystique of her character.
    Anyone can develop the capacity to to deaden their nerves somewhat to heat. My mother when she washed baked on dishes, for whatever reason, loved to turn the water all the way to scalding hot and let it run for 30 seconds and pretty much pour it right on her hands. She tried to get me to do it and I thought I was losing my hands. She has no supernatural resistance to heat.

To add to it, this family has a mythos around it relating to fire. It would make perfect sense for any number of them to have an affinity for heat as it serves them well to play into that mythos. But for fire itself? That mythos didn't save Aerion. It didn't save Viserys. It didn't save Aegon (Egg). And it didn't save Dany's hands.

One-off. Nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Also isnt her riding drogon more proof shes fire retarded. A dragons skin is like fire and it burns her clothes but not her skin
    I don't remember it ever being "like fire".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Nghhh.

The bonfire didn't claim her because it was sacrificial magic. She's not immune to fire and GRRM has said this already.
    Yup. He called it a one-off as well.

That all being said, it wouldn't surprise me if Jon and Tyrion also have special / transformative moments relating to fire. If they do, they won't be immune either.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2016-04-21 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Soon...very soon.

Deleted
    I wonder if Davos will take Longclaw to the Mormonts to rally them.