Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    I'm pretty sure the castration part, and literally every single thing that character does has hammered in that point fairly well with people.
    But there Sansa got it hammered into her too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the castration part, and literally every single thing that character does has hammered in that point fairly well with people.
    So Bronn only needs to fight once in the entire series to show how great a fighter he is?
    Ramsay was pretty nice to Sansa to that point. Then he went to his usual sick f*ck self.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    He does it to Jeyne Pool in the books, only it's MUCH worse. They replaced Jeyne with Sansa in the TV show, so they still need to show how brutal he can be towards her. It is part of the story arc (in the show), because it causes Theon to react and escape with Sansa. Not only that, but Roose Bolton now blames Ramsay for Sansa running off because "he played his games with her". Ramsay's actions now affect his claim in the North because Ramsay has fathered no children yet.

We had to experience these "games" (her torture and horrible wedding night), so we can understand her thought process of wanting to get the hell outta there and away from this monster. It was also important for Theons' character, since seeing part of this family (so to speak) being treated in such a horrible way, woke him the hell up and gave him the courage he needed to do the right thing and to stop being Ramsay's "toy".
    Basically this sums it up better then I could do myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    So Bronn only needs to fight once in the entire series to show how great a fighter he is?
    Ramsay was pretty nice to Sansa to that point. Then he went to his usual sick f*ck self.
    If that fight scene is the equivalence of the castration scene in terms of combat instead of mindfuck, then yeah. Daario only needed one to show how much of a bad-ass fighter he is, slaying the Champion of Meereen with as much effort as taking a piss.

I don't think anyone watched the castration scene and went "Well, he might not really be all that twisted, that could've been a one-off. I need more proof."

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    He does it to Jeyne Pool in the books, only it's MUCH worse. They replaced Jeyne with Sansa in the TV show, so they still need to show how brutal he can be towards her. It is part of the story arc (in the show), because it causes Theon to react and escape with Sansa. Not only that, but Roose Bolton now blames Ramsay for Sansa running off because "he played his games with her". Ramsay's actions now affect his claim in the North because Ramsay has fathered no children yet, and can't now because Sansa has run off.

We had to experience these "games" (her torture and horrible wedding night), so we can understand her thought process of wanting to get the hell outta there and away from this monster. It was also important for Theons' character, since seeing part of this family (so to speak) being treated in such a horrible way, woke him the hell up and gave him the courage he needed to do the right thing and to stop being Ramsay's "toy".
    All right, well put. Admittedly, from what we saw, he wasn't all that awful to Sansa herself, far from enough for Theon to snap out of his brainwashing.

Still, I wouldn't call it evidence that the show has gone tame. Sounds like that part would've overshadowed everything we've seen up to this point in brutality, so we'll never know if they ever planned to show something as horrific as that.

Deleted
    Are we back AGAIN to the stupid Sansa's scene debate ? -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    All right, well put. Admittedly, from what we saw, he wasn't all that awful to Sansa herself, far from enough for Theon to snap out of his brainwashing.

Still, I wouldn't call it evidence that the show has gone tame. Sounds like that part would've overshadowed everything we've seen up to this point in brutality, so we'll never know if they ever planned to show something as horrific as that.
    Well we agree to disagree lol. I think that rapescene was Sansa's trigger to GTFO. And I agree the show isn't gone tame. I mean that spear through the head, that was pretty brutal to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Are we back AGAIN to the stupid Sansa's scene debate ? -_-
    Yeah I'm sorry I'll stop talking about it.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Only problem is that they already showed in season1 that Jon isnt fireproof.
    They also showed the witch bathing naked and not reverting into a crone, continuity isn't exactly one of GoT's strong points.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Well we agree to disagree lol. I think that rapescene was Sansa's trigger to GTFO. And I agree the show isn't gone tame. I mean that spear through the head, that was pretty brutal to me.
    I'm confused about which part we're disagreeing about then. I admitted that the rape was important for the storys development and triggers for Sansa and Theon to exscape. Sounds more like agree to agree?

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    They also showed the witch bathing naked and not reverting into a crone, continuity isn't exactly one of GoT's strong points.
    Well we don't know for certain that the necklace is what's keeping her form? Although it certainly felt implied that way. I've heard other talk about it being her overall rejection of the Red God after his apparent failures and misguidings, her current lack of faith if you will. That's what the necklace symbolizes, and that's why it didn't turn her into a crone earlier since she only removed it to take a bath.

I mean sure, a slight continuity oversight is the most probable, but it can be easily explained as to not cause a fuss over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people were saying that its one of th vials on the table thats responsible for her appearance, although the show obviously implies that its the necklace.

15+ Year Old Account
    let's talk about... those 2 hounds and wtf happened to them.

seriously how can something as obvious as that is left unshown??? those were 2 bigass hounds, that houndmaster only had to release them on Brienne and her squire and they'd be both dead.

but instead they just FKN disappear. pft! gone! like they were never there.

shitty directing is shitty.

Deleted
    How dare they talk shit about Ed!

10+ Year Old Account
    "You might remember him from s2". The hell are you on about, he was there on Hardhome and leading men at the Battle at the Wall

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    let's talk about... those 2 hounds and wtf happened to them.

seriously how can something as obvious as that is left unshown??? those were 2 bigass hounds, that houndmaster only had to release them on Brienne and her squire and they'd be both dead.

but instead they just FKN disappear. pft! gone! like they were never there.

shitty directing is shitty.
    Yea, I wondered about that.

As for the glamor, it is possible that a spell is needed. Thinking to the books, and the Mance/Lord of Bones swap, she cast a spell in order to reveal Mance to Jon, so it is possible that there is more to it than simply wearing the glamor, however, yea, it strongly implied that removing the glamor is what did it.

I hope to fuck Ed lives. Almost all of the JonCrew are gone, don't take the Dolorous one from us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    "You might remember him from s2". The hell are you on about, he was there on Hardhome and leading men at the Battle at the Wall
    He was there on the Fist of the First Men (and complained a lot )
    He was there when they went to kill the mutinee at Craster's Keep.
    He was there at the battle of Castle Black
    He was there at Hardhome

You must be an idiot to not know who he is. Don't even know why he pops up on "who the f*** is that"

"The fate of the world rests on his unworthy shoulders"
    He's been on Jon's side since the begining. Was in every major battle the NW's as had, but he's unworthy?
    Those guys are idiots and don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

Don't know how they can talk shit about him.
    And their example on Sam and Jon talking about Edd still being there. Jon makes a funny face, not because he doesn't like or trust Edd (the very opposite actually) but because he still loses Sam, his best friend, and Edd can't remplace that.
    Last edited by mmoce2f72405d7; 2016-04-26 at 06:34 PM.

The web show is for casual fans, television watchers. I know people IRL who never know who fucking Davos is when he shows up on screen, and I had to explain to them that the undead guy in the Kingsguard suit was the same guy who crushed Oberyn's head, and that the guy whose throat Arya slit last season was the same guy who killed her fencing teacher in s1. The problem with television audiences is they get distracted while they watch, so they *think* they watched, but they don't. The amount of non-attention these friends of mine pay during non-action or non-nudity scenes is hilarious.

Some mid-week thoughts:

1) It seems Jaime is meeting the Sparrows next week, including his cousin Lancel. Is this where we finally have Jaime learn the truth of Tyrion's accusations of Lancel fucking Cersei? I can see a scene where Jaime goes in all hot-headed, to defend his sister's honor, and Lancel comes out from behind the High Sparrow and confesses what kind of person she is.

2) I just realized that the Sand Snakes are literally kin slayers now. This is perhaps the worst crime imaginable in Westeros. But no one even gave it a second thought? Will Dorne accept kinslayers as their new rulers? Overlooking this is problematic, but they've already glossed over the trauma and guilt Tyrion felt from killing his father, so I imagine it'll never come up.

3) If the Freys are in the next episode, who is pushing back against them? Is Sansa going to put on a Littlefinger jetpack along with a whole Northern Army in one episode and contest them? Or are we going to see a return of the Blackfish? Or maybe even the Brotherhood? How can the former be effective against the entire Frey army, and how can the latter just be dropped in after not seeing them for....3 seasons? Maybe it's just the Boltons on their jetpacks.

As for the episode descriptions:

1) The gift Ramsay gets I think must have to do with Walda Frey not having a boy. He didn't look like he was leaving Winterfell any time soon. I think it's probably too soon for Osha and Rickon to show up again.
    2) Jaime's advice will be the same Tywin gave to Tommen when Joffrey died, the tv audience will need to be reminded no one pushes Lannisters around.
    3) Tyrion has to do something with the dragons, perhaps bond with them.
    4) Balon entertains other proposals will be Euron showing up and killing him. It's already a continuity error that he isn't dead yet because of the leeches Melisandre burned, but I guess that doesn't matter. He has to die for the Greyjoy storyline to progress. Maaaaaaaaaaaybe he learns his heir Theon is alive still, and the other proposal he entertains is Yara making her claim for why she should be his heir. "He's not even a man, you got his dick in a box a few seasons ago!"
    5) Episode 3: Vaes Dothrak and the Tower of Joy. Varys finds an answer to who is leading the Sons of the Harpies.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Some people were saying that its one of th vials on the table thats responsible for her appearance, although the show obviously implies that its the necklace.
    Someone back many pages said a great thing about the necklace - just assume she didn't really have to wear it. Taking it off and allowing the illusion to go down simply symbolized that Melisandre lost her faith and her connection with R'hllor was cut. It's as simple as that, but I guess it's better to jump on details and start nitpicking instead of giving some thought to what's happening in the show.

Not that I think Dorne plot is good or that the disappearing hounds make sense, but it's so easy to find an explanation about the necklace and the supposed lack of continuity that it's really not something people should be whining about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    He was there on the Fist of the First Men (and complained a lot )
    He was there when they went to kill the mutinee at Craster's Keep.
    He was there at the battle of Castle Black
    He was there at Hardhome

You must be an idiot to not know who he is. Don't even know why he pops up on "who the f*** is that"

"The fate of the world rests on his unworthy shoulders"
    He's been on Jon's side since the begining. Was in every major battle the NW's as had, but he's unworthy?
    Those guys are idiots and don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

Don't know how they can talk shit about him.
    And their example on Sam and Jon talking about Edd still being there. Jon makes a funny face, not because he doesn't like or trust Edd (the very opposite actually) but because he still loses Sam, his best friend, and Edd can't remplace that.
    Exactly. I remember him from a whole bunch of places. The 2 dudes were saying that from s2 as if implying that fans might not recall him. I was like "are you thick? He was seen just last season..."

The show isn't tame at all. There was no reason to show Sansa's rape, as opposed to Daenerys, because in her case it was part of her arc and how she and Drogo developed. Sansa's rape was just rape, and there was no real point to it.
    This is sort of funny because that's exactly the opposite really.

Daenerys rape was senseless and undermined Drogo's character. That is the one which was made purely for shock value and had no part in the story (and didn't exist in the book, the whole "no" thing was to show that Drogo in fact was not a mindless barbarian) whereas Sansa's rape contextually in the world of Westeros wasn't even a rape, merely an act of fulfilling marriage she herself agreed to, full well knowing what partaking in marriage means during wedding evening.

If you want to cry foul over a rape scene, you are about 5 seasons too late.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    that moment when meereenese people learn to write rebellious messages on the wall...in english.

meanwhile, the actors playing the dothraki characters have to speak gibberish for 10 minutes with english subtitles translating their weird dothraki language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    3) If the Freys are in the next episode, who is pushing back against them? Is Sansa going to put on a Littlefinger jetpack along with a whole Northern Army in one episode and contest them? Or are we going to see a return of the Blackfish? Or maybe even the Brotherhood? How can the former be effective against the entire Frey army, and how can the latter just be dropped in after not seeing them for....3 seasons? Maybe it's just the Boltons on their jetpacks.
    I've mentioned this before, but while possible, i think people are hoping and, consquentely, rushing into a freypie/red wedding like scenario from the Frey/Lannister at the Twins footage.

I imagine that it's simply Walder hosting the Lannisters as some sort of thanks for laying siege to Riverrun.