Deleted
    Yeah but would Willis have stayed at Winterfell if he hadn't been "Hodorized"?

He could have gone off to fight in Roberts Rebellion, he could have got married and moved away, anything could have happened, "Hodorizing" him made sure that he would stay put and be where he needed to be, when he needed to be there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Guys i'm going to buy the first three books of Game of Thrones this afternoon, although i've already seen the tv show.
    So, do you think it's worth it?
    Yes , buy the books you won't regret it! There is so much lore and background of the main story mentioned in the books that you will love it! I am finishing book 4 and can't wait to start reading book 5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Yeah but would Willis have stayed at Winterfell if he hadn't been "Hodorized"?

He could have gone off to fight in Roberts Rebellion, he could have got married and moved away, anything could have happened, "Hodorizing" him made sure that he would stay put and be where he needed to be, when he needed to be there.
    It can work the other way also, how did Three Eye raven (I won't call him Bloodraven cause in the show he is 1k years old) that hodorizing him make him stay? Not outcasted, exiled for being a tard or stuff like that. Or too stupid to tend to children etc.

I might be playing the Devil's advocate here, I'm just not fan of this time travel thing. Not in this story.
    Anyway it might be better written in the books (or even different).

PS: Did they really have to kill Summer? Dany gets to keep her Dragons but the Starks lose all their Direwolves. Pisses me off a bit.
    Last edited by mmoce2f72405d7; 2016-05-22 at 01:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    It can work the other way also, how did Three Eye raven (I won't call him Bloodraven cause in the show he is 1k years old) that hodorizing him make him stay? Not outcasted, exiled for being a tard or stuff like that. Or too stupid to tend to children etc.

I might be playing the Devil's advocate here, I'm just not fan of this time travel thing. Not in this story.
    Anyway it might be better written in the books (or even different).

PS: Did they really have to kill Summer? Dany gets to keep her Dragons but the Starks lose all their Direwolves. Pisses me off a bit.
    To have something to kill in S7.

I do hope in the books they give a better explanation for the time-travel shenenigans, and for how the CotF made the WW (with a dagger, but what/how?).It seems a lot is still missing, and I do hope they will clear things up.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Hold the door!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Where the fuck is Benjen Stark? Why haven't we heard more from the Brotherhood and Beric Dondarrion? Where is Brynden Tully?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Where the fuck is Benjen Stark? Why haven't we heard more from the Brotherhood and Beric Dondarrion? Where is Brynden Tully?
    Yeah Sam's been on a boat for episodes now ! While Littlefinger can travel to MC in 5 minutes with a whole army (which seems to be invisible to the Boltons at MC).
    They just want to finish the story, we get it, but at least get your stupid timeline straight @D&D.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems this episode is the closest we'll get to seeing Sansa topless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted
    As Helden said, if Hodor would have stayed WIllis he still would have helped and saved him, and he might have succeded in better ways at it. Feels off
    No he wouldnt cause Bran wouldnt be able to warg into him....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Also heres hoping that the new Red Priestess in Mereen follows the proud tradition of Red Priestess' on the show, and gets naked.
    and puts her necklace down? no thank you we surly dont need that again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No he wouldnt cause Bran wouldnt be able to warg into him....
    He wouldn't need being warged into to fight if he had all his brains....

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    So is Bran stuck in the past for a while now and hes going to work through important events or can he go back to memories whenever he wants now since he touched the tree. Cause I'm confused now about how hes going to go into the past.

We're getting a flashback with Ned in the 6 episode, as well as inside the tower of joy in the finale.
    The Three-Eyed Raven has said that he won't always need a Weirwood.

Deleted
    He wouldn't need being warged into to fight if he had all his brains....
    Which wouldnt make him fearless as he is when Bran wargs into him....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Which wouldnt make him fearless as he is when Bran wargs into him....
    But he would have the brains to know he is twice as big as anyone and could have saved Bran easy peasy everytime it was needed.....
    Just like the Mutineers said at CK "If I were your size I would be king of the world"

Your point isn't good. Helden one is: Big like that there is no guarantee he wouldn't have become a fighter and left Winterfell.

Saw the episode in horrendous quality (will have to watch again), just couldn't wait:

-Even if I don't like the environment of Braavos and the Faceless men, Arya's story is interesting. We get to see the POV people in Essos have of the Lords of Westeros.
    -The Greyjoy plot is interesting, Euron is batshit crazy for power.
    -Dany still as useless as ever.
    -Davos is the man!
    -Summer's death was awful, all that whimpering made me feel uneasy, and that death was useless. Leaf would have committed suicide to gain more time anyway. Summer should have ran with Meera. Really felt like forced and useless.
    -I found the Hodorizing more horrible than Hodor's death. Being transformed into a retard for the rest of your life to save Bran from his own stupidity/curiosity/faith is quite awful.
    Good ending, good episode overall.
    Last edited by mmoce2f72405d7; 2016-05-22 at 02:56 PM.

It would be quite simple for GRRM/DB^2 to simply say that Hodor always become Hodor, but originally for a different reason than Bran warging into him. I would accept that. Take Lyanna's encouragement to fight, for example. That was a lot of us's theory on how he become Hodor, was it not?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    just finished watching the leaked epsiode . it was freaking awesome , good enough to be an episode 9.
    I was ready to cry during Dany/Jorah scene but i couldn't because of emilia's terrible acting.
    HOLD THE DOOR!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    They are all rowing boats with gendry
    Last edited by Archmage Alodi; 2016-05-22 at 03:23 PM.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    That ending. Amongst the countless deaths in the series. Summer and Hodor are definitely up there in regards to making me actually feel emotion to a TV Show.

I'm a sucker when it comes to dog whimpering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh. I watch game of thrones right up to date to be in-the-know and finally catach up and i get next episode spoiled already because of a leak. GG. (Got spoiled on twitch chat).

10+ Year Old Account
    A thread on r/FreeFolk sums it up pretty well I think.

People seem to be confused about a few things. I hope my understanding of what went down helps clarify it. I could be wrong, so take it as you will.
    Wylis Becomes Hodor:
    In a moment of panic and confusion and hearing voices outside of his warging, Bran wargs into the wrong Hodor. Not the present Hodor, but the Hodor in his vision, Wylis. His warging connects the present Hodor with the past Wylis to get him out of the cave.
    When the present Hodor dies, the past Wylis sees his own death - without understanding or control - and all he remembers are the final words Meera screams to him. Imagine the damage done if you watch and feel your own death. That is how Wylis became Hodor.
    Bran changes ASOIAF
    Bran does not change the story as we know it, because what has happened has already happened. Anything that Bran has already done has already happened. It is a closed loop. So the story remains the same.
    Implications
    The story as we it know it now maybe entirely the result of a single Stark attempting to alter the past, which is our present story and cannot be changed.
    This could mean:
    Bran the builder may have been our Bran. Bloodraven may have been older Bran. R could have kidnapped L because Bran knew that Jon was needed as Azor Ahai.
    In other words, while the story as we know it cannot be changed, how it came about is really incredible. Every prophecy, every religion, everything that has happened could be the doing of a single individual. My mind is blown.
    Source

Deleted
    -I found the Hodorizing more horrible than Hodor's death. Being transformed into a retard for the rest of your life to save Bran from his own stupidity/curiosity/faith is quite awful.
    That was my reaction as well, my reaction to Hodors death is more being pissed at the fact that Meera and Bran (though he wasn't really there) kind of just left him, with Meera basically yelling "sacrifice yourself" over and over again.

Whereas seeing a kid who just seems like a normal teenager go from being a normal teenager into being someone with the mental age of a child who can't even communicate with the people around him, all so that he can eventually get torn to shreds while being mind controlled by the person who wiped his mind in the first place was just flat out horrifying.