Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Wasn't he in on the whole Jon Snow is dead thingy? I might be mistaken there though.
    He said Jon Snow was dead, which is true he died. He never said he wouldn't come back. We all knew he would come back, it wasn't even hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    It's on his left Hand and he is right handed so it won't change anything
    Well, then he would only be able to hold one of Danny's tits at one time

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Yeah he's not gonna release what will probably be the best selling book of all time because of the show.
    What, posthumusly? Because he's not a young man and we're already halfway into season 6 without an announced date. If it's not out by the time season 7 premiers, no one who watches the show is going to want to buy it. They will know what happens already.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Cut off the hand? Become a better swordsman than Jamie!
    It's the left arm that is infected, correct? Isn't jorah right-handed anyway?

Welp I now officially hate Bran and want him to die. Poor Hodor having to go through all that shit. Also only 2 direwolves left now. Nymeria and Ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    She may just be recurring because Arya has to infiltrate the group to poison the older actress, not because the troop is important to the story.

Yeah I figured she was in for 2 episodes or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I love how the Faceless Men are pretty much just a bunch of cheap hitmen masquerading as some kind of deep, noble, grand group of some sort.
    It does seem like that. I don't know that they're much different though in the books. There's an implication that they would refuse some contracts no matter the cost if it went against the whole master/slave mythos, but it feels like in the show, you can just pay them and they'll assassinate anyone.

I'm not even sure the price is that high, if someone can afford to assassinate wine merchants and travelling show actresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    What, posthumusly? Because he's not a young man and we're already halfway into season 6 without an announced date. If it's not out by the time season 7 premiers, no one who watches the show is going to want to buy it. They will know what happens already.

The books are quite different from the show at this point and even if they do end the same for a lot of reads the journey is as important as the destination. I reread books all the time and still enjoy them despite knowing how they end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Welp I now officially hate Bran and want him to die. Poor Hodor having to go through all that shit. Also only 2 direwolves left now. Nymeria and Ghost.
    Maybe Hodor survived somehow? They didnt exactly show hes death. I guess at least he finally fulfilled hes destiny.

I was more disturbed about all the children of the forest dying. Is their whole race now extinct or are there more?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    I was more disturbed about all the children of the forest dying. Is their whole race now extinct or are there more?
    I imagine they had the sense to spread themselves out a bit.

I havent read any of the spoilers, so I may be wrong on this. I believe the episode 10 cliffhanger is going to be Jon discovering his parentage in the crypts after Winterfell is retaken. As well as some sort of clue/key to defeating the WW

I also want to ask what exactly happened to Hodor. Did Brans warging into the present Hodor create some kind of psychic link with the past Hodor, and pretty much erase his brain so he had that one purpose to "hold the door?" The man is a hero, mind controlled or not.
    Last edited by SethRoguen; 2016-05-24 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I imagine they had the sense to spread themselves out a bit.
    Well, they seemed pretty suicidal to me. Going allahu akbar when she just could have thrown the grenade for the same effect was quite over the top.

Oh, "spread out", now I get it.
    Last edited by Puri; 2016-05-24 at 05:55 PM.

Yeah, exactly, it's the whole "hired by a random nobody traveling actress" thing that really threw a wrench in it for me. Previously in the show I remember someone in King's Landing - I forget who (Varys?) commenting on how expensive their services would be or something like that, but apparently that's not the case.

Although there's always the chance that there's no contract at all in this case, and it's just another test. Seems reasonable to guess, given the nature of the play and the character they told her to kill.
    Not all costs are monetary.

Well what else would a random traveling mummer have to offer? She's certainly not going to off herself so they can have her face, and anything else that I can think of would just make the Faceless Men seem even sillier.
    the cost varies based on who the target is. A simple wine merchant is easier to kill compared to a King.

Well what else would a random traveling mummer have to offer? She's certainly not going to off herself so they can have her face, and anything else that I can think of would just make the Faceless Men seem even sillier.
    Who says she has to offer her own face? What happens with the faceless victims? Besides what if she actually is a faceless one in disguise and saw/heard something about the older actress that would endanger the faceless people?

If she were already one and there was some actual serious issue at hand, I doubt that she'd need to call on the services of "Random new shitbird apprentice that still doesn't have her head on straight" to handle it.
    for the random apprentice it'd be a test, the actress could do the killing herself but might make her "undercover" stay more troublesome. While far fetched, the construction seems more in character then the faceless ones being "hired" because the actress did (one of)them a favour, which is what some people on whatsapp where speculating about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    The books are quite different from the show at this point and even if they do end the same for a lot of reads the journey is as important as the destination. I reread books all the time and still enjoy them despite knowing how they end.
    Die hard readers are always going to buy the books no matter what. The difference between a best seller and a normal book is the number of people who buy it. It's like if Blizzard reverted Wow to Vanilla, only the most hardcore players would play it, and that would cause them to lose a lot of money. I'm not sure if GRR Martin cares about money at this point, but his publisher probably only cares about money. More money > less money.

The show is not different enough from the books to warrant them continuing to write episodes without a book being out there for fans to read. They obviously know how things are going to progress in the book, or they wouldn't be doing it. That's the part that's going to frustrate a lot of people. The fact that they are pandering to a TV audience and being served up with just the delicate bits of the story while the only thing left for book fans are the details. I watched GoT through season 4 before I read the books. I wish I had read the books first, there were no surprises and the story feels more like a movie to book story than an epic adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    What if it's neither Dany, nor Jon that are "The Prince that was promised". What if it's their son?

Fire and Ice, two Red Priest's that say it's both of them, and all the other bread crumbs that suggests it could be both. What if it's all pointing to them having a child together instead?
    would make sense, preferably with danys fireproof ability and jons diplomatic skills

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    What if it's neither Dany, nor Jon that are "The Prince that was promised". What if it's their son?

Fire and Ice, two Red Priest's that say it's both of them, and all the other bread crumbs that suggests it could be both. What if it's all pointing to them having a child together instead?
    Well I think the red priests are just grasping at straws to be honest. They seem to flock from one candidate to the next.