10+ Year Old Account
    R+L=J confirmed.... the hype for next season is off the charts

btw, Lady Mormont deserves an emmy. Best actress on the show.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

btw, Lady Mormont deserves an emmy. Best actress on the show.

Totally agree for a guest spot, that kid was amazing!

10+ Year Old Account
    If we'd just have gotten Lady Mormont 3 dragons, we'd have already solved everything 5 seasons ago.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Correct me if I'm wrong but Rhaegar was married to Elia Martell, and Lyanna was engaged to Robert Baratheon, so any child they had would still be a bastard right? And since Jon was born in the Riverlands he would be Jon Rivers wouldn't he?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalis View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Rhaegar was married to Elia Martell, and Lyanna was engaged to Robert Baratheon, so any child they had would still be a bastard right? And since Jon was born in the Riverlands he would be Jon Rivers wouldn't he?
    He was born in Dorne, in the Tower of Joy.

Also, unless Rhaegar also married Lyanna. There's precedent for Targaryens having more than one wife.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    He was born in Dorne, in the Tower of Joy.

Also, unless Rhaegar also married Lyanna. There's precedent for Targaryens having more than one wife.
    My bad on the location, I was thinking of the Battle of the Trident in the Riverlands.

Found this on reddit. To end all discussion of whether Varys has learned teleportation magic, here's definitive proof that his appearance on the ship happens a long time after his appearance in Dorne: there are Tyrell and Martell ships on Dany's fleet.

http://imgur.com/a/rhjDw
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    I noticed it to.
    Game of Thrones has desensitized us.
    To incest? It isn't. This episode has proven once and for all that they are not related by blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    To incest? It isn't. This episode has proven once and for all that they are not related by blood.
    Um, they are.

Lyanna was Ned Stark's sister. Sansa is Ned Stark's daughter. They're first cousins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlust View Post
    Found this on reddit. To end all discussion of whether Varys has learned teleportation magic, here's definitive proof that his appearance on the ship happens a long time after his appearance in Dorne: there are Tyrell and Martell ships on Dany's fleet.

http://imgur.com/a/rhjDw
    I didn't even catch that. Wow...so the Lady of Thorns and the Sand Snakes have thrown in with Dany.

Cersei is screwed, I'm pretty sure. Just a question of how many she kills.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalis View Post
    so any child they had would still be a bastard right? And since Jon was born in the Riverlands he would be Jon Rivers wouldn't he?
    and in Jon was born a female he would've then be called Joan Rivers
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Um, they are.

Lyanna was Ned Stark's sister. Sansa is Ned Stark's daughter. They're first cousins.
    Point taken. Apparently I am desensitized. Everything that is less than sleeping with your brother doesn't even count as incest anymore for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok so - here is a question we have:

Is Varys a Warlock? Or some kind of sorcerer?

We've seen him have bizarrely good intel over the years - better than every other network in King's Landing by far.
    He was just in both Dorne and on the boat with Dany ~simultaneously?
    Dorne is 3000 miles from Mehreen, it would take at least 2 weeks to travel that far by sea with good wind and a fast ship: it seems he's back in a matter of a couple days?
    He has a past relationship with warlocks, he killed one recently, he knows magic is real since childhood.

He also has a parable - Xaro Xhoan Daxos - the King of Qarth - was born an impoverished dockworker, rose to be the most powerful man in Qarth - all by way of deception and good intel: all his power was an illusion. Varys is similarly the most powerful (soft power) man in Westeros, he came from absolutely nothing.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

DAKINGINDANORF

Fucking hell. What a scene that was.
    Apart from Tommen's comical death, that was a top, top episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

We've seen him have bizarrely good intel over the years - better than every other network in King's Landing by far.
    Dorne is 3000 miles from Mehreen, it would take at least 2 weeks to travel that far by sea with good wind and a fast ship: it seems he's back in a matter of a couple days?
    He has a past relationship with warlocks, he killed one recently, he knows magic is real since childhood.

He also has a parable - Xaro Xhoan Daxos - the King of Qarth - was born an impoverished dockworker, rose to be the most powerful man in Qarth - all by way of deception and good intel: all his power was an illusion. Varys is similarly the most powerful (soft power) man in Westeros, he came from absolutely nothing.
    He was not. Someone else posted it, but it's pretty clear that the fleet scene takes place long after the scene in Dorne, because both Martell and Tyrell ships are sailing in that fleet, you can see their sails in one of the shots. It also would have taken days, if not longer, to load those ships with troops.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

Well, the show is incredibly bad at establishing accurate time between scenes. For all we know, it could have been 2 weeks between the scene with Lady Olena and the scene on the ship.

I don't know why people are complaining like scenes can't happen in different times. Unless they think everything in one episode all happens within an hour of eAch other.

Of course the sailing and prep to Westeros didn't happen overnight. They even trained dothraki warriors to flawlessly do boat stuff, for a ton of ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Didn't take long.

OMG that's fucken amazing. Her son should have been in it as a friendly fire kill LOL.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Oh this shit again. I knew I could count on the good folks at MMOC to fucking cry their asses off about Varys. He had a boat, in both directions, and more than likely had a faster boat on the return trip. How inconceivable is it that there was a month or two to pass between episodes for them? Furthermore, does the Mereen timeline have to line up perfectly with all the others relative to the episode they're in? I think what matters more was that they set up the sequence of events for good TV (they did) and that whenever plots intersect that the timelines are reconciled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    OMG that's fucken amazing. Her son should have been in it as a friendly fire kill LOL.
    Don't you remember her having the Mountain keep Tommen in his room? She didn't count him jumping out of the window.

I found it strange how eerily close Daenerys and Tyrion were in this episode. The only thing that could have made it stranger would have been if they'd kissed (well, there were only about 10 cm between their faces so I actually thought it would happen for quite a while).

They haven't really spent a lot of time together with Daenerys' Dothraki abduction and for all we know it was his (mis-)management that got the slavers to attack Meereen. If Daenerys hadn't returned that exact moment everything would have been fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No, there was too much time in between these kills. But Lancel's name should have been the first to pop up. Also both Lancel and Loras were wounded and thus not at 100%.
    But that's me nitpicking ^^