10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yeah, there was a big th ing in the 90s where Friends was the first show where cast members made $1m an episode. And the thing is, NBC wanted to pay them different amounts (with more to Aniston and Cox) but all 6 of them banded together to be paid the same, so they all got $1m an episode, times the 6 of them, so $6m just on main cast.

And that was well before the series ended, so there was probably another pay bump in there somewhere.
    Ah I see, well Friends is a beloved series that I have no doubt made NBC a crazy amount of money, so it's only fair that the actors get a piece of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If George wanted to keep pace with the series he should have finished writing at least ONE of the books by now. He has 2 left to publish and adding another 6 seasons wouldn't give him enough time to finish writing at the pace he does.
    Well the plan was for book 6 to be out before this season, but you know, its George.

I'm fairly certain he is going to die before he finishes the last book. I hope we at least get Winds of Winter before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    As said, cost is not the issue. The quote I just put in my last comment shows that HBO is willing to foot the bill for big episodes. The problem is time. GoT, in their words, has went from producing a TV show, to now the scale of a movie. If time is an issue, I think it can be resolved through hiring more people or extending the next season out till 10 or even 11 months.

Shouldn't it be the opposite?

The characters are coming together, many have died, and things are coming to a close. Other than cast salary and CGI, it should get cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Dany goes crazy and has to be stopped. Like father, like daughter...

maybe
    With Tyrion and Varys by her side?
    I don't think so.

I think she'll be similar to Aegon I in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    With Tyrion and Varys by her side?
    I don't think so.

I think she'll be similar to Aegon I in that regard.
    Daenerys certainly has some of the best counselors and the strongest Small Council, compared to Cersei and Jon. She may even add the Queen of Thorns to it. Who knows?

Tyrion Lannister : Hand of the Queen
    Varys : Master of Whisperers
    Grey Worm : Lord Commander of the Queensguard (or its equivalent)
    Yara Greyjoy : Master of Ships
    Olenna Tyrell (or some other from the Reach) : Master of Coins (the Reach is still the richest region of the Seven Kingdoms)
    Ellaria Sand : well... Master of Laws (that would be ironic)
    Missandei : I can't see her in any of these roles.

She still doesn't have a maester. If we get to see Marwyn in Season 7, he will not have a long travel to do to find Daenerys.

Her main weakness could be the diversity of her armies. I would not be surprised if we see some infighting among her ranks. First, this is a foreign army invading Westeros. Sure, she has now Westerosi allies, but that does not mean that Reach or Dornish soldiers will like those mercenaries, Ghiscari eunuchs or Dothraki barbarians. There is bound to be differences between the methods of those groups. What will happen if the Dothraki decide to raid a town and rape the women? I don't think the Iron Men will be happy that the Dothraki get to raid while it has been denied to them.

Also, winter has come. It will only get colder. All these Essosi soldiers are used to a "mediterranean", even desertic climate. She may lose a lot of men to cold and diseases.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Daenerys certainly has some of the best counselors and the strongest Small Council, compared to Cersei and Jon. She may even add the Queen of Thorns to it. Who knows?

Tyrion Lannister : Hand of the Queen
    Varys : Master of Whisperers
    Grey Worm : Lord Commander of the Queensguard (or its equivalent)
    Yara Greyjoy : Master of Ships
    Olenna Tyrell (or some other from the Reach) : Master of Coins (the Reach is still the richest region of the Seven Kingdoms)
    Ellaria Sand : well... Master of Laws (that would be ironic)
    Missandei : I can't see her in any of these roles.

She still doesn't have a maester. If we get to see Marwyn in Season 7, he will not have a long travel to do to find Daenerys.

Her main weakness could be the diversity of her armies. I would not be surprised if we see some infighting among her ranks. First, this is a foreign army invading Westeros. Sure, she has now Westerosi allies, but that does not mean that Reach or Dornish soldiers will like those mercenaries, Ghiscari eunuchs or Dothraki barbarians. There is bound to be differences between the methods of those groups. What will happen if the Dothraki decide to raid a town and rape the women? I don't think the Iron Men will be happy that the Dothraki get to raid while it has been denied to them.

Also, winter has come. It will only get colder. All these Essosi soldiers are used to a "mediterranean", even desertic climate. She may lose a lot of men to cold and diseases.
    Or you know lose most of her army fighting the WW.

I find it interesting that they say Friends is the most expensive TV show of all time when ER cost $13M per episode at one point.
    Yes, but the average length of a Friends episode (10M/episode) is 22 minutes, while the average length of a ER episode (13M/episode) is 44 minutes.

15+ Year Old Account

I miss GoT already.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

That moment when random youtubers make an epic heart felt trailer that blows most Hollywood trailers out the water.

Ghostbusters crew should pay attention

Tyrions scene where he meets the 2 dragons/releases their chains was one of the better parts of season 6

Wonder if Dondarrion is ever gonna ask Clegane where the munchkin is?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

And? The measure isn't by minute, it is by episode.
    Well, that's true.

Deleted
    And? The measure isn't by minute, it is by episode.
    I think it has more to do with what budget the show finishes on, or something. Because if I remember correctly, ER's budget hit the 13m per episode mark somewhere around the middle mark, maybe even leaning towards the front, because the Network wanted to keep Clooney on, and then they had to retool it to a much lower budget due to failing ratings.

That said ER should still be at #1, really should watch all of ER again, but it will likely take me 2 years to get through them all.

So think Jon will end up with Dawn?
    http://nerdist.com/12-things-you-mis...hrones-finale/
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    So think Jon will end up with Dawn?
    http://nerdist.com/12-things-you-mis...hrones-finale/
    Nope. LongClaw best claw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Why must everything be a goddamned video nowadays, ugh.
    Yeah. The only time I even bother is if I am home at my PC.

No wifi where I work so i gotta ration that data

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Why must everything be a goddamned video nowadays, ugh.
    Tell me about it, I'd rather read an article than watch a crappy video. I've clicked a link that said "Read" and had it take me to a video and my rage was unending.

Dawn could be Lightbringer, since y'know, name.

There's also the fact that it's not Valyrian steel so theoretically it shouldn't kill WWs. But stabbed in the heart of Nyssa Nyssa it might.