10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Yeah, they were just generic giants. There was more than one in the shot but we got a closeup of one. I had a mild panic attack that it might be Hodor at first in the distance.
    It was Wun Wun, at least that's what's being implied. He was missing the eye that Ramsay shot out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delrancho View Post
    It was Wun Wun, at least that's what's being implied. He was missing the eye that Ramsay shot out.
    It cant be Wun Wun. Wun Wun was killed in the courtyard of Winterfel, south of the wall. It was just a bunch of rezed giants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    Some bloggers are trying to claim it's confirmed Wun Wun - but that wouldn't make sense. Can only assume the Night King has come across other giants which he raised.
    You can clearly see 3-4 giants in the distance. Must be Wun-wun incarnated and cloned.
    Also halflife 3 confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delrancho View Post
    So John ordered some guys to drag a giant back to castle black, trough the gate, and then bring him far from the wall.
    When theres white walkers around.

Some people just really want to believe dont they.

The Little Bear is just so badass. She's become my favorite character on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    You said it yourself, there is no other side but Cersei's where he can get what he wants.

Dragon Lady, Dorne, and Highgarden are basically on the same side; not so much cooperating or agreeing on who should rule, but with the similar objective of defeating the Lannisters... And Euron is already against the dragon lady because she accepted Theon and Yara's deal.

So he can either go it alone or work with the Lannisters under false pretenses intent on betraying them and seizing power. Going it alone won't work for what he wants (to rule everything)...
    Yeah still a very fluid situation. I'm still in the dark on Euron because I hear he may have a trump card to play, which would explain his cavalier attitude and how he doesn't seemed as concerned about Dany's dragons.

I would think in any other situation, a man in Euron's position would remain neutral unless Cersei were to make an offer he cant refuse, such as the Seven Kingdoms. And I would also think that the powers would be jockeying for his support considering he has the largest armada in the world. And why would Dany be concerned with the safety of 2 people she just barely met (Yara & Theon) if it meant getting that armada?

Maybe i should just stay out of the rabbit hole....lol.

Deleted
    Yeah still a very fluid situation. I'm still in the dark on Euron because I hear he may have a trump card to play, which would explain his cavalier attitude and how he doesn't seemed as concerned about Dany's dragons.

I would think in any other situation, a man in Euron's position would remain neutral unless Cersei were to make an offer he cant refuse, such as the Seven Kingdoms. And I would also think that the powers would be jockeying for his support considering he has the largest armada in the world. And why would Dany be concerned with the safety of 2 people she just barely met (Yara & Theon) if it meant getting that armada?

They are all rather "meh" about 3 dragons. I wonder why. Jon, Cersei AND euron.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    You said it yourself, there is no other side but Cersei's where he can get what he wants.

Dragon Lady, Dorne, and Highgarden are basically on the same side; not so much cooperating or agreeing on who should rule, but with the similar objective of defeating the Lannisters... And Euron is already against the dragon lady because she accepted Theon and Yara's deal.

So he can either go it alone or work with the Lannisters under false pretenses intent on betraying them and seizing power. Going it alone won't work for what he wants (to rule everything)...

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    The Citadel? They're not just learning to be scholars, but doctors too. Any place where sick people are being cared for is going to be a shit hole without modern plumbing.
    yeah just poor timing for my dinner unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    You can clearly see 3-4 giants in the distance. Must be Wun-wun incarnated and cloned.
    Also halflife 3 confirmed.
    So what your saying is...the Night King is working with the Kaminoans? Why didn't Obi-Wan report this?

They are all rather "meh" about 3 dragons. I wonder why. Jon, Cersei AND euron.
    I noticed that too. I thought it was confirmed throughout Westeros that she has 3 dragons, but people act like it's still a myth.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm sure Euron's trump card is dragonbinder. Jon and Cersei on the other hand, no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    I'm sure Euron's trump card is dragonbinder. Jon and Cersei on the other hand, no clue.
    Yeah dragonbinder - I just wondered if the show would introduce it. If he's bold enough to contest her I assume they will. Jon is consumed by the Night King though Sansa's trying to warn him of southern threats. Cersei just wants to see everyone die, which is why I think the endgame has to be her death this season so that everyone can rally for the final war.

After all, Cersei has voiced multiple times in the series that she doesn't take threats beyond the wall or the Night's Watch seriously. Like many southerners, she thinks they're fairy tales.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    By the way was that an undead Wun Wun at the start? Because if it was I'm gonna be mad.
    It's not wun wun died at winterfell and was probably burned, the walkers are still north of the wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed that too. I thought it was confirmed throughout Westeros that she has 3 dragons, but people act like it's still a myth.
    I just take it as one of those see it to believe it things for them. Or rather see it so that the gravity of it all sinks in. They don't know just how big this dragons already are and how much havoc they are going to cause lol

Yeah dragonbinder - I just wondered if the show would introduce it. If he's bold enough to contest her I assume they will. Jon is consumed by the Night King though Sansa's trying to warn him of southern threats. Cersei just wants to see everyone die, which is why I think the endgame has to be her death this season so that everyone can rally for the final war.

After all, Cersei has voiced multiple times in the series that she doesn't take threats beyond the wall or the Night's Watch seriously. Like many southerners, she thinks they're fairy tales.
    I think people are underestimating the impact Cersei is meant to have on the rest of the story. Granted, I could be wrong and she could just slowly become more crazy before getting a sword through the chest from Jaime but I also think there is a chance we end up with something along the lines of Cersei the Night Queen. I think Martin has gotten people thinking everything is clear sailing story wise so he can pull the rug out at the end. Though at this point the show and the books may have somewhat different endings(if we ever even get to the end in the books which is somewhat doubtful).
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2017-07-17 at 07:12 PM.

Its stated that it has never occured, Walter giving 2 feasts within one fortnight.
    Could be 2 days for all we know.
    If the feasts had been within days of each other they would have said Walder has never given 2 feasts within days of eachother.

She had to gather all the Frey's she could in that fortnight from around the riverlands and perhapse further, point still stands that all she needed was 5 minutes with the maester to get whatever poison she needed tho. 2 weeks 2 days 2 hours as Walder she had plenty of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    If you've seen the leaked season from awayforthelads that was on reddit you'll know what the gift is.

The guy's leak was 100% accurate for episode 1.
    The stuff on Arya is wrong tho. Unless she changes her travel direction, so not all of the info is correct, but ya Euron's gift is probably a sandsnake or two, it's too late to give him dragonbinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I just take it as one of those see it to believe it things for them. Or rather see it so that the gravity of it all sinks in. They don't know just how big this dragons already are and how much havoc they are going to cause lol
    I think you're right, because several characters basically weren't believers until they finally saw it. Tyrion being one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    I think people are underestimating the impact Cersei is meant to have on the rest of the story. Granted, I could be wrong and she could just slowly become more crazy before getting a sword through the chest from Jaime but I also think there is a chance we end up with something along the lines of Cersei the Night Queen. I think Martin has gotten people thinking everything is clear sailing story wise so he can pull the rug out at the end.
    Interesting. My belief was always that: Jaime (being the more reasonable/realistic person) will somehow learn of the dead army and become more open to alliances. Cersei however will be hell bent on getting her vengeance against the living, and Jaime will be forced to put her down for the greater good. Definitely the most obvious plotline though so I could be way off.

This is the first season that I've watched discussion and theory videos while watching the show, so my mind is boggled at the moment.

So, first episode.

1) Visually and thematically, it was fine. I don't know what the Ed Sheeran scene was about unless it was to set up the idea that Arya is going to hesitate on killing - which is totally a line that that character has passed. If D&D are brilliant (they aren't) she'd fall in with them for a hot second, one guy will do something not-so-bad, like making a drunken pass at her, and then she'll kill the whole lot of them, and harden her resolve.

2) Sansa should be a bit smarter as a character. If she learned anything from Littlefinger, it would not be to challenge Jon openly in front of his bannermen. But it was done to create tension, I guess, but that tension could have been created even better in a private situation, with Littlefinger coming in afterwards to whisper poison in her ear. If she doesn't get the upper hand on LF this season, that whole character arc will have been for nothing, really.

3) I'm a bit concerned about the Euron scene. I almost feel like Jaime is acting like the concerned book reader. There is literally no reason Euron would ally himself with the Lannisters. The Iron Born hate the Lannisters more than any other Great House barring maybe the Tyrells, and the Tyrells are merely a proximity thing. They hand-waved it as Euron really admiring Jaime slaughtering his kin, which is kind of on the line for Euron's character. Euron does kill his kin in the books, but he does it because they've betrayed his idea of "what it is to be Ironborn." He now seems to be betraying that. Again, in the books, he wants to marry Dany, not Cersei - and maybe he'll still pivot that way - which makes way more sense. Like Jaime said, "We look like the losing side." I guess, for dramatic purposes, they need a more even fight, so that when Cersei falls, and everyone abandons her, it's more sudden and television-ready than the slow decay it is in the books.

4) Come on Sam! You didn't believe Stannis because........? I'm wondering if this will lead Jon to Dragonstone and the alliance with Dany. Seems a bit too on the nose. I hope when Varys meets LF again Varys fucking destroys him. And, it'd be a nice reunion between Jon and Tyrion, who kind of had a moment way back in s1e1 about being bastards.

First part of the episode was the best, Arya is a badass. Video editing seemed different from previous seasons, though. And did we need to see more than three seconds of Samwell cleaning chamberpots? Yes I get it, he had a shit job.

Sansa: "I know exactly what he wants". Heh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So, first episode.

1) Visually and thematically, it was fine. I don't know what the Ed Sheeran scene was about unless it was to set up the idea that Arya is going to hesitate on killing - which is totally a line that that character has passed. If D&D are brilliant (they aren't) she'd fall in with them for a hot second, one guy will do something not-so-bad, like making a drunken pass at her, and then she'll kill the whole lot of them, and harden her resolve.

2) Sansa should be a bit smarter as a character. If she learned anything from Littlefinger, it would not be to challenge Jon openly in front of his bannermen. But it was done to create tension, I guess, but that tension could have been created even better in a private situation, with Littlefinger coming in afterwards to whisper poison in her ear. If she doesn't get the upper hand on LF this season, that whole character arc will have been for nothing, really.
    Sheeran scene was a bit cheesy due to the singing, basically seemed like he was shoehorned in as some sort of weird advertising. He has a good voice, but he's far too recognizable to be an extra.

Sansa's open challenge of Jon indicates that she's not happy with not having power and that she will likely try to claim some for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Sansa's open challenge of Jon indicates that she's not happy with not having power and that she will likely try to claim some for herself.
    That would be dumb and un-Sansa/LF-esque. I wonder if the line about Cersei ("I learned a lot from her") is foreshadowing she'll be more crazy and mad, like Cersei, than actually LF's disciple?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So, first episode.

3) I'm a bit concerned about the Euron scene. I almost feel like Jaime is acting like the concerned book reader. There is literally no reason Euron would ally himself with the Lannisters. The Iron Born hate the Lannisters more than any other Great House barring maybe the Tyrells, and the Tyrells are merely a proximity thing. They hand-waved it as Euron really admiring Jaime slaughtering his kin, which is kind of on the line for Euron's character. Euron does kill his kin in the books, but he does it because they've betrayed his idea of "what it is to be Ironborn." He now seems to be betraying that. Again, in the books, he wants to marry Dany, not Cersei - and maybe he'll still pivot that way - which makes way more sense. Like Jaime said, "We look like the losing side." I guess, for dramatic purposes, they need a more even fight, so that when Cersei falls, and everyone abandons her, it's more sudden and television-ready than the slow decay it is in the books.
    I can definitely understand these points. I've been hearing things about how Euron will basically become GoT's Negan (far worse than any preceeding villain) so I imagine regardless of what side he chooses, he's got some nefarious plans to sabotage either one.

I was worried that they would go full bore with this Jon vs. Sansa tension, which I didn't really detect in seaon 6. If anything, Sansa's look towards Baelish during "The King of da Norf" was more a dread of what Baelish might do to Jon, rather than looking towards him as an ally for power jockeying. She's still resisting him, but I'm afraid Baelish has a nuclear warhead to use in this still. Probably involving Jon's parents.

I think you're right, because several characters basically weren't believers until they finally saw it. Tyrion being one of them.

Interesting. My belief was always that: [sploiler] Jaime (being the more reasonable/realistic person) will somehow learn of the dead army and become more open to alliances. Cersei however will be hell bent on getting her vengeance against the living, and Jaime will be forced to put her down for the greater good.[/sploiler] Definitely the most obvious plotline though so I could be way off.

This is the first season that I've watched discussion and theory videos while watching the show, so my mind is boggled at the moment.
    These aren't even spoilers but speculation.

Pls, this is the thread you are looking for.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ame+of+thrones
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988