Nitpicking aside, I think the show is still going strong. They've really increased the pace, which is a good thing. After six seasons of story and character building, it finally feels like it's all coming together. All the major storylines and characters who survived are getting closer to play their final part in the game of thrones. If they manage to pull this off and give the series the grand finale that it deserves, it will be absolutely unprecedented in television history.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Isn't the British Empire the largest world has ever seen? I'm pretty sure they weren't build with Mounted Archers .

But yeah, a solid wall of infantry to protecter mounted archers is pretty god tier in terms of army balance. Throw in some Dragons and whatever boats she has left, and she's in a solid place to take Westeros.

The only problem is she has NO head for tactics... Fingers crossed she'll let Tyrion and the others plan her campaign.
    The British Empire is the largest empire, total. The Mongol Empire is the largest continuous empire to exist.

British Empire was pretty much entirely little pockets here and there, well maybe not little, but you get the idea. Mongol Empire was one huge blob.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    The entire season has been posted to reddit if you really want to know what happens.
    I've been noticing alot of 'confirmed' spoilers swirling around. For my sake I"m gonna stay far away from them. Watching all the prediction vids alone this season has taken the tension away.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Never could point out why I was so de-charmed from her off show appearances, but I think you nailed it.

She does have some big, extracurricular eyebrows and makes some fugly expressions with them outside of acting.
    Yeah she's obviously an animated person. At times she seems like a person who's trying too hard to be likable. But fwiw it beats being an airhead like many actresses can be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The British Empire is the largest empire, total. The Mongol Empire is the largest continuous empire to exist.

British Empire was pretty much entirely little pockets here and there, well maybe not little, but you get the idea. Mongol Empire was one huge blob.
    Aaaah okay, yeah that makes sense. I always thought the Mongol Empire was the largest, got a rude awakening at a pub quiz when I got that one wrong XD.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    I've been noticing alot of 'confirmed' spoilers swirling around. For my sake I"m gonna stay far away from them. Watching all the prediction vids alone this season has taken the tension away.
    I'd stay out of this thread then as they've been posted/discussed here previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post

Yeah but the sun set on the Mongols and they didn't have tea!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Yeah but the sun set on the Mongols and they didn't have tea!
    I'm not sure about that. They did conquer China afterall...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

So pretty big spoilers from episode 7

Back to Winterfell…. Jon’s Origin… Bran is visited by Sam who bran recognizes, asks what he is doing there and Sam tells him he needs to see JS, Bran says he also needs to tell him a lot, Sam asks bran what he needs to tell JS, to which bran says that Jon isn’t Ned’s bastard but Lyanna’s and Rhaegar’s son and that he was born in dorne and that his name isn’t Jon Snow but Jon Sand but Sam tells bran that he is not a sand… that he has seen it in record that Raeghar had his marriage with Elia annulled and married Lyanna which shocks Bran…Sam then tells Bran that if he can see into the future and past that he should go see for himself…which Bran then does, which is the wedding between Raeghar and Lyanna in a forest (not in front of a weir wood, Friki says the same way Robb and Talisa were wed) as he sees this he realizes that Roberts rebellion was all based on a lie because Robert was pissed and said that lyanna was kidnapped (Friki doesn’t state that Robert lied on purpose to get the other lords to back him) as this flashback is happening we are switching back and forth between Raeghar with lyanna and Jon and Dany on the boat (HYPPPEEE) as the romantic scene between Raeghar and lyanna happen we see Jon and Dany’s romantic scene… Jon and Dany enter a cabin together (no words are being spoken) in which they begins to take each others clothes off and have as friki said “EL BOATSEX” (girl in the background “woooo wooo wooo”)
    Wow...
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-07-29 at 05:21 AM.

Deleted
    It seemed obvious that Lyana was with Rhaegar willingly and that Robert was clearly pissed because of her choosing Rhaegar over him.

I suppose Ned still had justification for rebellion. The mad king killed his father, older brother, and was coming for him next.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'd stay out of this thread then as they've been posted/discussed here previously.
    I've only been returning because of notifications lol but thanks.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post

Wow...
    Hypeeeeeeee!

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I suppose Ned still had justification for rebellion. The mad king killed his father, older brother, and was coming for him next.
    But both went to King's Landing because of the "kidnapping". Although it would have been outragous, that Rhaegar abandoned his wife, and has his marriage annuled. But I guess, if the world knew that both were in love, nothing would have happened. After all, it was pretty common for a king to have, aside from his wife, mistresses, like you can see very well with Robert himself. And I wonder, if anulling would have been necessary... considering the love relationships of Targaryens and Martells.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post

Wow...
    Wow... what a piece of garbage... i mean i can deal with R+L=J but the way the show tells it... if this spoiler legit.

Also rebellion started Jon Arryn not Robert himself.

But both went to King's Landing because of the "kidnapping". Although it would have been outragous, that Rhaegar abandoned his wife, and has his marriage annuled. But I guess, if the world knew that both were in love, nothing would have happened. After all, it was pretty common for a king to have, aside from his wife, mistresses, like you can see very well with Robert himself. And I wonder, if anulling would have been necessary... considering the love relationships of Targaryens and Martells.
    Its fan service thingy. Because do you ever heard about about anulling in ASoIaF universe before?

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post

Its fan service thingy. Because do you ever heard about about anulling in ASoIaF universe before?

No, but I think, a bigamist Rhaegar would have worked as well quite well. Especially if you look how anulling of marriage was abused, to remove spouses for what ever reason, like Henry VIII did to Catherine of Aragon. And I honestly do believe, that Rhaegar, although he fell in love for Lyanna, still wouldn't have dropped Elia, and her two children. In fact it would probably have been much less problematic than Robert's multiple relationships, and wouldn't have changed a bit when it comes to claims for the crown anyway, since Aegon was a bit older than Jon.

Its pretty obvious the plot is crafted in such a way so that Jon is Targaryen, not Sand.

Tbh I find the plotpoint that Jon would be legitimite son absurd, a scandal like that instigated by Rhaegar would've rocked the Seven Kingdom thorough and without a doubt Dorne would've not given safe haven within their borders.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I get the feeling that they're gonna make that sex scene cringe af instead of hot. I just have this feeling.

Still don't know how I feel about them being together, but it was kinda obvious I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Wow... what a piece of garbage... i mean i can deal with R+L=J but the way the show tells it... if this spoiler legit.

Also rebellion started Jon Arryn not Robert himself.

The whole point is Robert knew R+L were in love and going to wed and could have sent ravens to Brandon, Rickard, everyone really. and hopefully stop them from dying and stop the Rebellion.

Cersei talks about being afraid that Robert will set her aside in one of her early a got chapters.

Aegon IV had a frail wife just like Elia, childbirth was incredibly dificulty for her, after their first child she begged Aegon to let them live as brother and sister not husband and wife, he dId not agree to her request.

A similar thing happened with rhagar and elia, except rhegar knew his wife could not give him more children atleast not healthily so he released her from her marital duties.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Tbh I find the plotpoint that Jon would be legitimite son absurd, a scandal like that instigated by Rhaegar would've rocked the Seven Kingdom thorough and without a doubt Dorne would've not given safe haven within their borders.
    No one knew they had/were going to be wed other than Robert, Lyanna's privious betrothed. R+L then eloped did the secret marriage thing probably conceived jon and when they got back half of Lyannas family was dead and the rebelion was in full swing. No way Rhaegar would have told the truth as who know what it would have done to relations with dorne.

Who know Doran might have know it wouldent change the fact that Aegon his nephew was jon's older brother and first in line and would have been killed even if rhaegar had remarried.

as he sees this he realizes that Roberts rebellion was all based on a lie because Robert was pissed and said that lyanna was kidnapped
    This is proof D&D don't understand the books.

Robert did not start the rebellion.

Ned's father and brother went to the Court to ask what was up with Rhaegar and the king burned one alive and had the other strangled.

Then he sent word to Jon Arryn and demanded the heads of Eddard/Ned and Robert. Jon, in response, rebelled.

The Rebellion wasn't even started by Robert, he didn't lie to anyone, he was chosen as the leader because he was charismatic, powerful and he was one of the grieved parties. Furthermore he had a claim to the Throne since he had Targaryen blood.

Robert wasn't some scheming villain, they had perfectly good reasons to rebel.

The whole point is Robert knew R+L were in love and going to wed and could have sent ravens to Brandon, Rickard, everyone really. and hopefully stop them from dying and stop the Rebellion.
    That's not really how marriage works in Westeros. Lyanna was promised to Robert and Rhaegar kidnapped her. Doesn't matter if she wanted to go with him, young women don't really get a say in Westeros. She was what, 16.

You think, say, Renly would've been allowed to take Sansa from Winterfell, just like that? Regardless of whether she wanted to go?

Rhaegar took Lyanna without the knowledge/blessing of House Stark, that's a direct attack upon a house, to take one of their heirs, who was already promised to another.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2017-07-30 at 07:51 PM.