Littlefinger for me and I'm going to be extremely annoyed if he ends up dying just to prop up sansa as some bad ass.

It would kind of make sense, he loved kat etc etc but even so, there's got to be more to the ending to the guy that started the whole series

Tyrion, Davos, Tormund, and the hound are probably my favorites that are still alive. I listed 4 because Davos, Tormund, and the Hound are all for some reason on the same level of like for me.

Probably the worst overall episode that underlines every single issue this serie these days has with occassional good scenes that stood on their own despite the otherwise mind-boggling shit going around.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Probably the worst overall episode that underlines every single issue this serie these days has with occassional good scenes that stood on their own despite the otherwise mind-boggling shit going around.
    Care to elaborate? Everytime you say teleport or jet pack I take a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, If I was going for a top five, over a top three... Varys would probably hold the 4th slot. He's not been great since they attached him to Dany though... She's so shit she ruins him by proxy.
    It's almost comical to me how Varys and Petyr were set up as these great masterminds, but the show has cut both's masterplans, leaving them with nothing to really back up their attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Care to elaborate? Everytime you say teleport or jet pack I take a shot.
    The teleportation and complete abandonment of time and space in the last two seasons bug me a ton too, tbh.

At this point Varys, Cersei and Jaime are my favourite characters.

I'm indifferent to most others as they seem very predictable in terms of where they will go. I do hope to see as many characters as possible wiped out before the end, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    It's almost comical to me how Varys and Petyr were set up as these great masterminds, but the show has cut both's masterplans, leaving them with nothing to really back up their attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

The teleportation and complete abandonment of time and space in the last two seasons bug me a ton too, tbh.
    It not teleportation, or abandonment of time and space, the scenes are just spaced over diffrent rates of time.

For instance cersei tells the banker to give her a fortnight, when we next see him jamie his marching on highgarden,
    So it took around 14 days for Jamie to ride to and sack the castle.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-08-04 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... Of all the changes that the show has made to the books, I will NEVER forgive them for removing the Varys masterplan reveal... Where he kills of Kevan Lannister. It was legit one of my favourite ever scenes in the books, and they just... Cut it out.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    It not telportation, or abandonment of time and space, the scenes are just spaced over diffrent rates of time.

For instance cersei tells the banker to give her a fortnight, when we next see him jamie his marching on highgarden,
    So it took around 14 days for Jamie to ride to and sack the castle.
    The army was apparently mobilized from Casterly Rock and got past all of the Tyrell's land, made it into the heart of their kingdom, and easily took their main castle, in 14 days no less?

I could also swear Tyrell's were supposed to have the bigger army and resources, what happened with that?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    GIT GUT? Tapatalk?....

So you not being triggered was a lie, gottcha.

Yes, you should try reading a thread PROPERLY (maybe not on a mobile you cant handle)
    hint: their height difference is NOT EXISTING on the show

- - - Updated - - -

And this explains what a three eyed raven is how? right, it doesnt cause its NOT as easy as you made it out to explain them that he can see the past the present and the future....

- - - Updated - - -

No it does that ONLY for nitopickers who what a date and timestamp in every frame....

Jesus. Who pissed in your cheerios? You accuse me of "nitopicking" (lol) and you just sound like a moody teen. And if you're gonna be pointlessly belligerent, don't be so transparently hypocritical. Your lack of reading comprehension or preconceptions screwed up at least 3 of the bullet points you tried to be all snarky about. The rest you strawmanned. Then you accuse others of poor reading comprehension. Grats?
    Further, you accuse someone of being "triggered" and yet you're the one who's acting petulant and who won't let go.

- - - Updated - - -

The army was apparently mobilized from Casterly Rock and got past all of the Tyrell's land, made it into the heart of their kingdom, and easily took their main castle, in 14 days no less?

I could also swear Tyrell's were supposed to have the bigger army and resources, what happened with that?
    Tarly apparently took the rest of the Reach's armies and successfully got them to rebel against the Tyrells, to a man. They kinda glossed over that part, along with a few other awkward oddities this past episode.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah... Of all the changes that the show has made to the books, I will NEVER forgive them for removing the Varys masterplan reveal... Where he kills of Kevan Lannister. It was legit one of my favourite ever scenes in the books, and they just... Cut it out.
    Another casualty of the "no (f)Aegon" choice. See? It screws up character motivations really badly.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2017-08-04 at 12:45 AM.

Another thing that bothered me: I know they thought it would be neat if Tyrion's knowledge of Casterly Rock would help them take control over it, but really, are we supposed to believe he designed a fatal flaw in his home's defenses (a home which he very much wanted to become lord of)?

Deleted
    Tywin, Oberyn and Tyrion are by far and away my favortie characters.
    Most hated are Dany, Sansa and show Littlefinger for the past two seasons.
    Needless to say the sandsnakes I'd rather not think about ...

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing that bothered me: I know they thought it would be neat if Tyrion's knowledge of Casterly Rock would help them take control over it, but really, are we supposed to believe he designed a fatal flaw in his home's defenses (a home which he very much wanted to become lord of)?
    Meh. Based on the way they described/showed it, it's not exactly a noticeable flaw. And were he the lord of that castle he could presumably simply put a watch on it and latch the trap door. And yes, I do very much believe it's well within his character to do that. This guy would have done anything to avoid his sister's and father's scrutiny and accompanying emotional abuse. In fact, that's one detail I would be unsurprised to find in Martin's writing.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2017-08-04 at 12:52 AM.

I think, though the show hasn't made it all that clear, that the Tyrells have lost alot of their bannermen, who made up the bulk of their army. I think that scene in episode 2 where Cersei is blagging those lords into joining her are meant to be all the main lords of the Reach. And this would explain both the absence of the Tyrell's army, and how Jaime could march his army through the Reach unopposed.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2017-08-04 at 01:03 AM.

We have no idea when the Lannister army left the rock, we only know it took jamie around 14 days to get from kl to highgarden.

The Tyrells bannermen turned on them and let the lannisters March freely through at best, at worst they marched with them. Olenna had no idea the lannister army was coming so she had no time to gather her fighting men all she had was highgarden's barebones garrison.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be easy enough to block the tunnel if he needed to. Just put a heavy weight above the opening and a man on a ladder wouldent be able to push it open.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's not much of a fatal flaw if no one knows about it and it's easily defended. It's really just a whore-tunnel, not some gaping vulnerability.
    Nobody defended it because nobody in the fortification knew about it. However, some people build that tunnel. What did Tyrion do to stop them from being able to be bribed into giving this information to potential enemies? Building some little "whore-tunnel" (instead of just going to Lannisport with his whores) with such risks doesn't seem like something somebody as clever as Tyrion would do. Tyrion always worked very hard to do the jobs he got, no matter how lowly, as well as possible.

We know from the books that Tyrion were in charge of the cisterns and drains of Casterly Rock, which could certainly become a relevant detail, but a tunnel like that seems a bit too much.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-08-04 at 02:37 AM.

Nobody defended it because nobody in the fortification knew about it. However, some people build that tunnel. What did Tyrion do to stop them from being able to be bribed into giving this information to potential enemies? Building some little "whore-tunnel" (instead of just going to Lannisport with his whores) with such risks doesn't seem like something somebody as clever as Tyrion would do. Tyrion always worked very hard to do the jobs he got, no matter how lowly, as well as possible.

We know from the books that Tyrion were in charge of the cisterns and drains of Casterly Rock, which could certainly become a relevant detail, but a tunnel like that seems a bit too much.
    Again if you look at it you can tell it's a manhole attached to a ladder, place a filled barrel above it and you aren't getting in.

He wanted to spite and out smart his dad, besides why go to the whores when the whores can come to you.

Wonder if they will find some dragons eggs at Dragonstone?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

She's so shit she ruins him by proxy.
    I think I'm still attached to the hot young thing from the first couple seasons, and then the idea of what Dany is. And... they keep killing off the coolest characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    It's funny though, I really disliked Jon until the last couple seasons. Now he's growing on me.
    I think I'm the opposite. I liked him as this "you're one of us... but not really" vibe. That's kinda how I feel most days. and then this conversation with Tyrion really had me liking both characters. As Johnny has gained fame and recognition, I'm a lot less interested in him. Especially after that battle rez shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    TAs for the third....god, Stannis was it. As much as I didn't like him, I respected him.
    The thing with Stannis the Mannis is that he was this god level strategist and military commander, but in the show all we ever saw him do was lose. He had presence, yet was strongly conflicted. It's like we missed all the best of Stannis by the time we see him in the show.

Everyone plays their part, his was giving Tyrion confidence as more than just a drunken imp (Battle at Blackwater) and saving Jon's ass when his cavalry mopped up. Like, he wasn't the one to save us, he's the one to save those who will save us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Tyrion, Davos, Tormund, and the hound are probably my favorites that are still alive. I listed 4 because Davos, Tormund, and the Hound are all for some reason on the same level of like for me.
    I really like Davos. I'm a big fan of the "second in command" or advisor types. I like how he and Tyrion aren't the conventional "right hand man" types. Yet, do not underestimate them. There is wisdom there. Liam knocks it out of the park.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly why they've fallen down my list. With all these wannabe kings and queens and armies, it's often said that the pen is mightier than the sword and these two guys were armed with the sharpest of quills to start the show. Their ink has run dry at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Tarly apparently took the rest of the Reach's armies and successfully got them to rebel against the Tyrells, to a man. They kinda glossed over that part, along with a few other awkward oddities this past episode.
    Precisely this. High Garden not having their own established army, but merely the resources to procure a top notch fighting force as they could outbid anyone. With Taryl as Westeros best field general leading those forces, and then losing him... the others, no matter the price, we going to really oppose them. Which is kinda why Lady Olenna made the comment "did they at least fight well?" cuz she knew there really wasn't much that could've been done at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Tywin, Oberyn
    I value presence. When someone is on the screen, you stop what you are doing and watch. I don't get that at all with Jon and Dany. I always got that with Tywin and Oberyn, and many others. I think Baelish telling Sansa to think through every scenario, every angle, to never be surprised is his last moment to have his presence felt. Euron is really the only one left that offers a must watch persona.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Wonder if they will find some dragons eggs at Dragonstone?
    I can see that as part of the final montage. Dan or Jon on the throne, just about everything dead or in flames. You see whomever is left looking at the ashes of what they now rule... maybe they all die and you just have a Dany/Jon Targe baby in the arms of Tyrion the King and then you see shadows and the camera going down some passageway, or some cliffs, the end of which you see 3 little dragon eggs. The circle is starting all over again.

And I really hope your siggy is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Another casualty of the "no (f)Aegon" choice. See? It screws up character motivations really badly.
    Yup, I still have NO idea why they got rid of that plot arc... It's just ruins so many things for little to no gain.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30