"How do you know all this?"
    "The three eyed raven taught me."
    "I thought you were the three eyed raven?"
    "I told you it's difficult to explain."

What? No, it's not. There was this original three eyed raven but he died, and he taught me how to be one so now I'm the next three eyed raven. It's incredibly easy to lay out the basics of this, but no, it's "difficult to explain" because of scripts.

Sorry guys, I just had to, this bothered me unnecessarily much. Oh, and also Dany being arrogant and annoying, I'm almost hoping she doesn't win anymore. Isch.

On the plus side, Tyrion and Olenna rocks as always, Sand snakes gets what they deserve, and Euron continues to amuse. Decent episode ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    So I'm guessing Dany is just gonna go ham with the dragons now huh? Any bets on which one takes a ballista bolt? Drogon seems too obvious
    I'd go for Viserion. Named after a bitch, could go down like a bitch. Then again there's Rhaegal, named after a moron...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    This is some lazy af writing. Ships appearing magically at just the right moment (again)? They need to stop relying on such terrible plot devices. It wasn't believable when the Knights of the Vale strolled up at JUST THE RIGHT MOMENT last season and Euron Greyjoy's magical ships aren't believable now.

Also...wtf is up with Highgarden? Lady Olenna aligns herself with Daenerys, is in open rebellion against King's Landing, while knowing the Lannisters are broke and KNOWS that there was an impending army about to descend on Lannister holdings...yet she sits in Highgarden, undefended by Daenerys' troops? Wtf is this shit?
    Euron does have magic.

Olenna had the entire might of the reach with her, up until they turn cloaked and went marching with the lannisters.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I'd go for Viserion. Named after a bitch, could go down like a bitch. Then again there's Rhaegal, named after a moron...
    There's a 99% chance it's Viserion.

Remember though Tyrells lost Tarly to Cersie. At least in the show its implied he was essentially the bulk of their military and strategic might
    And did the walls of Highgarden crumble at Tarly's stern look? Did the gate open itself in awe of his strategic prowess?
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Or even her own troops. Or this thing called a gate. Then again, who knows, maybe Jaime built Highgarden's sewers in turn.
    The logical explanation is that the armies of the Reach weren't at the High-garden, they were likely somewhere on the coast waiting for ships to take them north. As such, the castle was only defended by a skeleton crew. Even worse, there was nobody notable to lead them.

All in all, Jaime had more than enough men to simply storm the castle.

As an adendum, Dany keeps showing herself more and more unfit to be a queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    And did the walls of Highgarden crumble at Tarly's stern look? Did the gate open itself in awe of his strategic prowess?
    Oh well I'm not saying that whole thing played out in any sort of satisfying way. I understand with so little episodes yet they're trying to rush the plot along but it is a bit jarring to see an army outside of the walls and in the next it's taken with a small pile of bodies... I think they could have spared a couple of minutes to show something

Deleted
    so obvious what happens in the end.

Daenarys dies, Jon dies, Tyrion dies. Cersei gets killed by Jamie. Bran kills the night king.

Hound kills his brother the mountain.

Sanza becomes queen of seven kingdoms and Arya is wardeness of the north

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    so obvious what happens in the end.

Daenarys dies, Jon dies, Tyrion dies. Cersei gets killed by Jamie. Bran kills the night king.

Hound kills his brother the mountain.

Sanza becomes queen of seven kingdoms and Arya is wardeness of the north
    Doubt it, I have a feeling that Jon becomes the Lich King. There must always be a Stark in Winterfel, so the new Lich King doesnt have to travel far to his new throne.

The assault took awhile, it just isn't shown, it took long enough for Dany to learn about the blunder at the rock(but not highguarden i think) mobilize the dothraki and hit the lannisters on the road coming back from the sack in episode 4, promptly slaughter their reach allys and take all the gold putting Cersei on the Banks shit list again.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-07-31 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faifel View Post
    We already know which dragon it is...
    Which is why I said there's a 99% chance it's him...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    The logical explanation is that the armies of the Reach weren't at the High-garden, they were likely somewhere on the coast waiting for ships to take them north. As such, the castle was only defended by a skeleton crew. Even worse, there was nobody notable to lead them.
    Stannis held Storm's End with small crew for a year, against the entire might of the Reach. The stronghold of a richer house, with a good position on top of a hill, offered a great asset against splintered Reach force and a part of Lannister army. The one that suffered losses left and right and part of which is probably stationed in King's Landing to defend it. The army we saw marching on Highgarden was anything but impressive.

All in all, Jaime had more than enough men to simply storm the castle.
    Storm with what? The mountain acting like a battering ram? They didn't even have siege ladders.

As an adendum, Dany keeps showing herself more and more unfit to be a queen.
    Ehh, she's been scraping the bottom of the barrel labeled "unfit" since S2. Right now she's clawing her way through it.

Between Euron's magical Deus Ex Machina fleet that was somehow built in a couple months and happens to be exactly where it's needed IN RECORD SPEED and Dany acting like a typical self-absorbed entitled millennial whining about the throne and her birthright every other line, I'm starting to feel like the writing was rushed on this season in an attempt to bring plot lines to a close.

But then Lady Olenna gets a mic drop at the end of the episode and I'm happy again.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Between Euron's magical Deus Ex Machina fleet that was somehow built in a couple months and happens to be exactly where it's needed IN RECORD SPEED and Dany acting like a typical self-absorbed entitled millennial whining about the throne and her birthright every other line, I'm starting to feel like the writing was rushed on this season in an attempt to bring plot lines to a close.

But then Lady Olenna gets a mic drop at the end of the episode and I'm happy again.
    Euron does have magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    GREAT episode, can't complain.

Dany is still an entitled cunt that clearly doesn't understand what Conquest means, but I'm sure she'll learn eventually.
    It took her seven seasons to realize that the common folk of Westeros doesn't have wet dreams about the idea of her returning. At the current pace of her realizing things about rulership, we'd need a tad few seasons more than planned for her to get this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Am I the only one that REALLY wanted someone to interupt Missandei, during her whole intro and just be like "Yeah, we get it, she has lots of titles, we don't care."
    Speaking of which, I noticed they dropped the Rhoynar from the title again (though I'm not sure of how recent this change is, just noticed it today). Which is weird, because the first time they were mentioned in the main Westeros titles in the show was in context of Daenerys.

One theory I read is the scrolls Sam was given actually are a reward and is more literature/information on the night king/white walkers. As for how easy it was to cure not sure the validity of this but I also read that somewhere they said lots of Maesters are somewhat egotistical and make their own interpretations of the stuff they study. So maybe Maesters fail the procedure a lot because they stray from the book and apply what they think are improvements.
    Had the same thought about the scrolls. Something in Archmaester's tone led me to think that way.

I'm still confused about why Jon and all are being secretive about his resurrection. He gave Davos a fucking glare when he mentioned being stabbed in the heart. Does he not have the scars any more? Can't he take off his armor and say, "I died, and was resurrected by a red priestess named Melisandre."

"Oh really? She's been here - let's go fetch her and corroborate this story? Varys?"

"Yes, my Queen, I thought it was weird she didn't want to meet with Jon and Davos despite knowing them, and then she admitted to leaving on bad terms with them - so I detained her to use her as leverage if they wanted to mete out some sort of justice to her or something. Mel?"

"Oh yeah, he was dead. I rezzed him. I thought Stannis was Azor Ahai, Varys I know you think Dany probably is - but it's probably this dude right here."

We obviously know why Dany's forces suffer nonsensical defeats. It's to force her to actually use these dragons of hers. The show is at a point where they cannot waste time on intricate plots anymore, it's a rush towards putting the characters where they need to be for the finale(s). This is why Euron's ships can teleport and why a fortress that has stood for literal thousands of years gets toppled by Jaime walking up to the walls and using The Power of Plot to open the gates.

This does question why they also waste this precious time with nonsense like Grey Worm going down on Missandrei, Bran being cryptic for the sake of being cryptic or Sam cleaning chamber pots and translating old scripts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm still confused about why Jon and all are being secretive about his resurrection. He gave Davos a fucking glare when he mentioned being stabbed in the heart. Does he not have the scars any more? Can't he take off his armor and say, "I died, and was resurrected by a red priestess named Melisandre."

"Oh really? She's been here - let's go fetch her and corroborate this story? Varys?"

"Yes, my Queen, I thought it was weird she didn't want to meet with Jon and Davos despite knowing them, and then she admitted to leaving on bad terms with them - so I detained her to use her as leverage if they wanted to mete out some sort of justice to her or something. Mel?"

"Oh yeah, he was dead. I rezzed him. I thought Stannis was Azor Ahai, Varys I know you think Dany probably is - but it's probably this dude right here."

This is definitely relevant, Why Jon didn't let Davos finish what he was saying baffles me. I wonder if he'll tell her he was resurrected from the dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

Remember though his men betrayed him. That may not want to be something you bring up when you're trying to sell yourself as a strong leader

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    This does question why they also waste this precious time with nonsense like Grey Worm going down on Missandrei, Bran being cryptic for the sake of being cryptic or Sam cleaning chamber pots and translating old scripts.
    Because the writers are patently retarded. Especially when it comes to Grey Worm's romance that's been a thing for a few seasons now. That plotline is so fucking awful.