Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It would have made sense to show it in a manner similar to Catelyn Stark's demise. That was very poetically done. Stannis' demise felt very jarring because the build up was...very lacking. Within a couple of episodes everything came crashing down (arguably at the expense of his character development) and then we didn't even get to see his final scene play out in full.
    I agree completely the ending to Stannis felt very rushed and awkward. I just don't quite buy into the hype hes still alive because they didnt show the final blow. A scene like catelyn would have been great, but the red wedding episode was pretty damn epic and fair enough if they cant match that again

I think the reason they did not show his death is because they wanted to emphasize how Stannis's actions left him pathetic and alone in the end. Showing his head getting cut off could have imparted some sense of sympathy or sorrow. They gave him a shitty death just to show how after burning down everything around him in pursuit of the crown, he was left with nothing. It was all pointless, in the end he was left to die alone with no one to weep for him.

Deleted
    Obviously Stannis becomes the Gravedigger and eats porridge out of a bowl.

Stannisbowl confirmed, get hype.

Deleted
    I haven't posted it in a while, but talk of Stannis always gets me going.

4 seasons of build up to be ended in a 10 minute rushed scene, RIP the Mannis.

The show's pacing was very good in the earlier seasons. Yet it's been very poor in the more recent seasons in my opinion. Too much material being embraced at once along with not enough episodes to properly do them justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I haven't posted it in a while, but talk of Stannis always gets me going.

4 seasons of build up to be ended in a 10 minute rushed scene, RIP the Mannis.
    Stop the beating! Can't you see that horse is dead?
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I swear it just moved a bit though.

Deleted
    So long as we keep hope alive, the horse will never die.

So long as we keep hope alive, the horse will never die.
    I look at it this way. For whatever reason the producers decided to kill Stannis off in a weird way that they knew full well would have people asking is Stannis really dead?

Then to boot, not only do they kill Stannis in this weird way, they do it in the same season they kill Jon Snow, in which they trot everyone involved in the scene, except the producers, out to swear up and down that Jon Snow is dead and not coming back.

So it should not be overly shocking that people, even ones that are not particularly invested in Stannis might very well question if Stannis is really dead.

From a personal point of view, I like Stannis, he was one of my favorite characters. However, his story as it relates to gaining the Iron Throne is over. There is no reason at all to keep him going as contender for the Iron Throne. So if he is gone (and I think that very likely he is) I am totally fine with it. However, because I like the character I would love to see him survive and have a chance to atone for the wretched way they transformed Stannis on the last few episodes of last season.

I would love it if he survived, where he realizes that through his own actions, he has forfeited any right to claim the throne, and pledges loyalty to House Stark or the Nights Watch and uses his experience to aid the Northern effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I look at it this way. For whatever reason the producers decided to kill Stannis off in a weird way that they knew full well would have people asking is Stannis really dead?

Then to boot, not only do they kill Stannis in this weird way, they do it in the same season they kill Jon Snow, in which they trot everyone involved in the scene, except the producers, out to swear up and down that Jon Snow is dead and not coming back.

So it should not be overly shocking that people, even ones that are not particularly invested in Stannis might very well question if Stannis is really dead.

From a personal point of view, I like Stannis, he was one of my favorite characters. However, his story as it relates to gaining the Iron Throne is over. There is no reason at all to keep him going as contender for the Iron Throne. So if he is gone (and I think that very likely he is) I am totally fine with it. However, because I like the character I would love to see him survive and have a chance to atone for the wretched way they transformed Stannis on the last few episodes of last season.

I would love it if he survived, where he realizes that through his own actions, he has forfeited any right to claim the throne, and pledges loyalty to House Stark or the Nights Watch and uses his experience to aid the Northern effort.
    Or the walkers raise him, but cannot bend his will to their own, and he overpowers them with his will, becoming the new Nights King. Then he makes everyone kneel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

What is dead may never die.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I think the big problem with Stannis's ending at least for me was how it just screamed they went over budget on hardhome episode and Stannis just got cut short so badly with such a good character it doesnt sit well with the series overall. Game of thrones is better than that. But it is a pretty damn expensive show trying to fit too much in.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I think the big problem with Stannis's ending at least for me was how it just screamed they went over budget on hardhome episode and Stannis just got cut short so badly with such a good character it doesnt sit well with the series overall. Game of thrones is better than that. But it is a pretty damn expensive show trying to fit too much in.
    I think the 10 episodes per season thing screwed them- AFFC and ADWD had so much material, they could never squeeze them both in and do the stories justice, just as we saw. And yea, the cost doesn't help.

Also, dat Stannis video. Leik if u cri evry teim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    --SEASON 6 SPOILERS--

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...ocial_facebook

Watchers on the Wall confirms that Sophie Turner has been spotted filming “alongside the battlefield” where Jon and the Northerners will square off against the Boltons. That’s right, Sansa will have her shot at revenge against the Boltons and the North will be behind her when she does. There’s been some rumors that Sansa will ride at the front of the charge alongside Jon, though there’s no actual confirmation that her role will be quite that active. Sansa is more of a politician than a fighter, so she might be better suited rallying the troops and giving them a common cause to unite behind. There’s even some rumors that Sansa will be crowned the Queen of the North causing some creative fans to compare her to another red-headed warrior Queen.

But as we mentioned, Sansa won’t be the only Stark to join Jon in this fight. WotW reports that there will be “several” Starks (including Lord Snow) at this battle so we can assume Rickon (last seen hightailing it North), at least, will also be on hand. If Rickon, Sansa, and Jon are all united, this will be the first time members of the Stark family have come back together since they all scattered to the wind way back in Season 1. Cue the Stark theme and your free-flowing tears.

But if the Starkish reunion is a happy one, that happiness will likely be short-lived. (This is Game of Thrones, after all.) If the Starks wind up victorious, it will come at a cost because the same set report indicates that two known characters will fall victim to the Bolton forces. Their bodies will be hung upside down and burned on the Saint Andrew’s crosses that are so popular with House Bolton. No word yet on who will be set on fire though the most popular guess is Osha and Rickon. Seems odd to burn Rickon twice, though, doesn't it? If I were a fan of Tormund, Edd, Davos, or Melisandre, I’d be very worried right about now.

So, is Stannis Baratheon alive or dead? There are plenty of news where people are saying that he's dead and alive.

I guess that Stannis is in the Schrodinger phase, we cannot say if he's alive or dead as long as we don't watch season 6.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    So, is Stannis Baratheon alive or dead? There are plenty of news where people are saying that he's dead and alive.

I guess that Stannis is in the Schrodinger phase, we cannot say if he's alive or dead as long as we don't watch season 6.
    Well Stephen Dillane hasn't been seen on set filming yet.

If you think Sansa reunites with Jon and everybody is hunky dory then you haven't been paying attention. If you ask me, Sansa and Theon are the two "well-known" characters said to be strapped to X's upside down and burned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    If you think Sansa reunites with Jon and everybody is hunky dory then you haven't been paying attention. If you ask me, Sansa and Theon are the two "well-known" characters said to be strapped to X's upside down and burned.
    No way they'd kill off Sansa at this point.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    No way they'd kill off Sansa at this point.
    Yeah, and Ned's totally gonna live too. :P That's not to say that on the balance I think you're wrong. I'm just not sure she's that necessary to the plot.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2015-10-30 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Yeah, and Ned's totally gonna live too. :P That's not to say that on the balance I think you're wrong. I'm just not sure she's that necessary to the plot.
    Actually she's quite important in Littlefinger's agenda, and he wants the throne as well.