Deleted
    So what's with these 1 minute Danaerys scenes as of late? They're clearly pushing her as the almighty saviour in the show, so why're they pussyfooting around her? Have they realised she has the weakest story in the entire show?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Please god have mercy, don't let the sandsnakes show up.

I don't think I could handle the bad pussy. Unless zombie Clegane swings them into a wall.
    You want the good storyline, but you need the bad pooosi

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    But we also have Bran's vision of the dragon flying over, what looks to be, a still intact Red Keep.
    Maybe that was a vision of the past instead of the future. Hundreds of years ago.

A random thought - are the Sand Snakes who killed Trystane in the harbor of KL still in KL? Please tell me they're not going to play into Cersei's/Tommen's arc. Ugh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    A random thought - are the Sand Snakes who killed Trystane in the harbor of KL still in KL? Please tell me they're not going to play into Cersei's/Tommen's arc. Ugh.
    I won't complain if they get killed if Cersei blow things up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When where they shown to be in kings landing? I thought they were still back in Dorne and killed oberyns brother/Ruler of Dorne. Forget his name.

Also RIP Rickon Stark. I can see him being slaughtered infront of Sansa/Jon pre battle for extra drama.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    When where they shown to be in kings landing? I thought they were still back in Dorne and killed oberyns brother/Ruler of Dorne. Forget his name.
    We've seen two of them kill Trystane, in episode 1, after he arrived in KL.
    Ellaria and the other Sand Snake were in Dorne murdering Doran & Areo.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Yeah righto, for some reason thought trystane was still in Dorne but he would have been on the boat, my bad.

It seems like they might. Hopefully it results in them dying but at this point it's going to feel very forced. Words cannot express how much I hate how Ellaria was handled, though. In the books she's very sympathetic - hating the cycle of vengeance. It's very, very unlikely that she'd betray Doran in the books.

so where did varys go? that's really interesting how he fled right before the attack. maybe he knows smth is cooking in kl and goes there to claim position

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    So what's with these 1 minute Danaerys scenes as of late? They're clearly pushing her as the almighty saviour in the show, so why're they pussyfooting around her? Have they realised she has the weakest story in the entire show?
    Emilia Clarke doesn't know how to act so they don't use her more than they need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Emilia Clarke doesn't know how to act so they don't use her more than they need to.
    Yes right..Because every other actor has demonstrated acting skills in a fictional language and took part in CGI shots. Irony off.

Quote Originally Posted by catablitz View Post
    Yes right..Because every other actor has demonstrated acting skills in a fictional language and took part in CGI shots. Irony off.
    That is when she is at her best.

She is a bad actress because she doesn't know how to change her mood and that creates a static tone for all her scenes. She is always in "serious mode".

Examples of people on the show who know how to act and change their mood to fit the tone of the scene are Peter Dinklage, Liam Cunningham and Sophie Turner.

- - - Updated - - -

To put it more simply, she has a very limited range as an actress which becomes more apparent now more than ever when she is becoming surrounded by better actors.

Sometimes a limited range is okay like with Gray Worm and Missandei because that is part of their character but Clarke's performance is more important and she never seems like a real person so she is always unconvincing. Similar to Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars prequels.

That is when she is at her best.

She is a bad actress because she doesn't know how to change her mood and that creates a static tone for all her scenes. She is always in "serious mode".

Examples of people on the show who know how to act and change their mood to fit the tone of the scene are Peter Dinklage, Liam Cunningham and Sophie Turner.

- - - Updated - - -

To put it more simply, she has a very limited range as an actress which becomes more apparent now more than ever when she is becoming surrounded by better actors.

Sometimes a limited range is okay like with Gray Worm and Missandei because that is part of their character but Clarke's performance is more important and she never seems like a real person so she is always unconvincing. Similar to Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars prequels.
    On the contrary this can be called consistency and determination. She started as trade material and became someone that needs 2 minute title announcing introduction. All the way through, she had the sparkle in her eyes and sufficient confidence in her just cause. You would never make it from nothing to leading 100k men as a 16 year old girl if you were moody and not rock solid in attitude and character.

It is obvious you don't like the character while I do. This has nothing to do with the actress. She is way more than fine.

I feel that way about Jon Snow's actor. Granted it doesn't help that I find his character incredibly boring but he just comes across as very lacking and overrated to me when compared to the more talented members of the cast. Ultimately, though, I don't think any of the acting - aside from the Sand Snakes, perhaps - is completely without redeeming qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by catablitz View Post
    On the contrary this can be called consistency and determination. She started as trade material and became someone that needs 2 minute title announcing introduction. All the way through, she had the sparkle in her eyes and sufficient confidence in her just cause. You would never make it from nothing to leading 100k men as a 16 year old girl if you were moody and not rock solid in attitude and character.

It is obvious you don't like the character while I do. This has nothing to do with the actress. She is way more than fine.
    The character is fine. Emilia Clarke is fine playing the character when Dany does really big shit and shows off how she is like the queen of the show. The problem is when she has to act like a normal human being who has interactions with other characters, she sounds too dramatic and fake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I feel that way about Jon Snow's actor. Granted it doesn't help that I find his character incredibly boring but he just comes across as very lacking and overrated to me when compared to the more talented members of the cast. Ultimately, though, I don't think any of the acting - aside from the Sand Snakes, perhaps - is completely without redeeming qualities.
    Jon Snow is supposed to be "stoic" or whatever so I let it go a little bit but I think Kit Harrington also lacks a bit of range as an actor, not quite as bad as Emilia Clarke does.

I would agree none of the acting on the show is completely bad but some actors on the show really outshine others and it can be a bit immersion breaking.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2016-06-15 at 02:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The character is fine. Emilia Clarke is fine playing the character when Dany does really big shit and shows off how she is like the queen of the show. The problem is when she has to act like a normal human being who has interactions with other characters, she sounds too dramatic and fake.

- - - Updated - - -

Jon Snow is supposed to be "stoic" or whatever so I let it go a little bit but I think Kit Harrington also lacks a bit of range as an actor, not quite as bad as Emilia Clarke does.

I would agree none of the acting on the show is completely bad but some actors on the show really outshine others and it can be a bit immersion breaking.

- - - Updated - - -

This is looking to be a pretty mediocre year for movies.
    Yap, and is even more noticeable lately.
    A bad script makes bad actors, no matter how hard they try to sound convincing.

I'm not much found on Emilia's acting, but I liked how she did it during S1. After she gained enough power (I mean as Khaleesi), the character became too one-dimensional, and the stale situation of Mereen doesn't help.
    The whole cast of that set seems to suffer the same.
    You take two of the most intelligent characters of Westeros under Dany's command, and suddenly all they know is to make jokes about cocks and drink wine with Grey Worm (who seems to be taking a long time off duty).

For Kit.. I think he portrays a good Jon Snow, in terms of character. His problem (my opinion) comes with facial expressions, showing not-forced feelings, etc..
    A nice point, his fighting scenes are well done.

Then you have people like Liam that carry scenes by himself.
    And the lack of source material is probably the worst. I've been re-reading the books, and now that I can compare the dialogues with the show, I see how the firsts seasons copied the books, word by word.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    If I remember correctly, all the sandsnakes were shown off the boat at the end of last season so them being on it is p. lulzy in the first place.

Then again, of this I could be wrong
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    If I remember correctly, all the sandsnakes were shown off the boat at the end of last season so them being on it is p. lulzy in the first place.

Then again, of this I could be wrong
    No, you're not wrong, they were all standing on the dock.

But two of them somehow caught up to a royal ship presumably booking it back to KL since their princess had just been killed, and killed Trystane in the harbor of KL.

I can't get over just what a steep dive this show has taken in about every aspect. Especially the Arya stuff keeps bugging me. Season 1: Eddard Stark is stabbed through the leg with a spear, next episode shows him recovering and the remainder of the season has him walking with a cane. Khal Drogo is wounded by a sword, the wound becomes infected due to improper dressing, and he almost dies because of it.

Season 4: Sandor Clegane is bitten by a crazy man. Sandor spends the rest of the season progressively getting weaker because of his refusal to sterilize the wound with fire, eventually leading to him underperforming in a fight against Brienne and losing.

Season 5: Barriston Selmy is stabbed once. Dies. Jon Snow is stabbed multiple times. Dies.

Season 6: Arya Stark is stabbed multiple times in the gut, and dives in a riverway full of possible stagnant/dirty water. Survives long enough to be found by a random actress, who just stitches and bandages the wound up and gives her some opiates to sleep better (unless the Waif somehow managed to miss all of Arya's vital organs while stabbing her in the gut, in which case she's basically the worst assassin ever), and has recovered enough by the next day to perform parkour without doubling over in excruciating pain and ripping her stitches open.

It's like they've dropped all pretense. I just wish they'd have cut Arya's storyline and it was the one I was most interested in.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988