Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Pretty sure he said FEARL druids weren't viable, Feral is perfectly viable, Fearl not so much. :P
    Pff typo whatever they happen

Helm, Weapon, Shoulders, Neck, Boots, bracers... ALL good for Feral Tank and better than the 346 options. Uhhh...?

Also, what's a Fearl?
    Last edited by Reesify; 2011-05-10 at 03:41 AM.

The Zandalar stuff isn't meant to be a major upgrade; it's supposed to give people a little more gear for stepping into raids. Obviously it's not going to be perfectly itemized for any class or spec. If that were the case why would anyone bother with raiding?

Deleted
    i actually changed my oomkin offspec to feral just because of the za/zg loot, i got 9 pieces from these 2 alone. 9 !. isnt that amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral viable in PVE? That can't seriously be an issue, I've seen more than once, feral's in 5 mans doing 20k overall with 30k on bosses. If your feral isn't performing re-learn your class or quit lol

IDK if this thread was talking about tanks however, if that's the case I take it back.
    Last edited by Shuya82; 2011-05-10 at 05:15 AM.

Expertise/Haste 353 gear is still a (very minor) upgrade over crit/mastery 346 gear. Despite the not-greatest itemization.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Or people could try to read the content of a thread instead of simply responding based on the title.
    Or people could use the title the way it is supposed to be used?
    You know.. A one-liner to sum up your entire thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    OK OK I admit that with hindsight the thread title could have included "FERAL" in the title to make things a little bit clearer, I didn't expect it to spiral out of control at the time.

But feral tanks useless? I love my bear! More fun than playing any of the other tanks classes IMO. Sure they aren't as powered up as the other classes, but then that adds to the fun because it's a big challenge to play one.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    I didnt think fearl combat was even considered a viable spec anymore. And as for fearl tank druids I thought they were also the most unused tanks, so I say reroll resto seeing as boomkin is getting a mega nerf
    I mean no offense, but its comments like these that make me wonder if people live in a hole in the ground away from the rest of the wow world ?

Both are viable and used a lot.

I have leveled 8 toons to 85 since the expansion. Including my Druid which is my main. He was tank all through WOTLK. Since the nerf and change to mechanics I had to go Resto. I can honestly say that in hundreds of Dungeons, Heroics and Raids I have only seen maybe 2 or 3 Druid tanks. Cant Blizzard take the more than obvious hint? It sucks tanking with a druid, Noone wants to group with a Druid tank and If it aint broke dont fix it. Blizzard needs to go back to Pre Cata Druid tank play style.
    It took them months to even try to fix low level druid tanks. I made a Worgen druid tank and had 7 pieces of heirloom gear..and everything else was blues and enchanted..At level 30 I should have been unstoppable..Instead even the best healers in dungeons couldnt keep me alive..We had to end up letting Fury Warriors or Ret Pallies tank or I just got kicked. So why would 600K wow players quit? Probablly because they were all feral druids.

I didnt think fearl combat was even considered a viable spec anymore. And as for fearl tank druids I thought they were also the most unused tanks, so I say reroll resto seeing as boomkin is getting a mega nerf
    Both specs rock, Kitties got buffed and so did bears,

Quote Originally Posted by winterfox72 View Post
    I have leveled 8 toons to 85 since the expansion. Including my Druid which is my main. He was tank all through WOTLK. Since the nerf and change to mechanics I had to go Resto. I can honestly say that in hundreds of Dungeons, Heroics and Raids I have only seen maybe 2 or 3 Druid tanks. Cant Blizzard take the more than obvious hint? It sucks tanking with a druid, Noone wants to group with a Druid tank and If it aint broke dont fix it. Blizzard needs to go back to Pre Cata Druid tank play style.
    It took them months to even try to fix low level druid tanks. I made a Worgen druid tank and had 7 pieces of heirloom gear..and everything else was blues and enchanted..At level 30 I should have been unstoppable..Instead even the best healers in dungeons couldnt keep me alive..We had to end up letting Fury Warriors or Ret Pallies tank or I just got kicked. So why would 600K wow players quit? Probablly because they were all feral druids.
    I think you have been living under a rock, even before the update, druids were still very competitive the only thing the changes to them did was allow them to generate more threat from swipe (and more threat through the base increase in damage to lacerate/swipe) as well as helping them mitigate damage from aoe mobs by letting their shields absorb more then just one damage and going away.

@OP...
    You know Blizzard doesn't cater around one class you know, not EVERY dungeon has loot for people.

And on a note, while raiding i take a ton less damage then my pally/warrior friends who come in when we're a tank short (im the MT)
    Last edited by alucardtnuoc; 2011-05-10 at 02:11 PM.

I have not been living under a rock. I switched to Geico. and You have to admit..Its rare to see a druid tank and they were much more fun to play in Wotlk and prior.

I have not been living under a rock. I switched to Geico. and You have to admit..Its rare to see a druid tank and they were much more fun to play in Wotlk and prior.
    The LFD tool attempts to avoid pairing the same classes together.

Yes and I have 8 Raid geared toons. Only one is a Druid.

What Reesi said and no, tanking in WOTLK was boring as hell. Swipe, swipe, swipe . . .

Edit: Just to address the ACTUAL thread topic, the new loot is not itemized all that well, but the extra overall stats still outweigh a blue 346.

Yeah You might have used the same couple of attacks, but atleast You were able to look at what was going on in the dungeon or raid. Now You spend the whole time looking at your bar hoping the 6 second cool down is up intime to grab that mob that the healer aggro'd or tabbing from one mob to the next trying to keep DOTs up on them. Theres an old saying we used in the Military..KISS Keep It Simple Stupid..Whoever decided that making things more complicated and stressful = More fun..really lost touch with..I dont know 600 thousand players...and counting

Lolno, Druids are fine. My guild mostly have a bear tank with them.

600k druids I'm sure >.>

The first tier is already at an end for many who don't care about heroic raids. THIS is a large reason for the fluctuation in player base. WOW attracts a lot of players who come and go between patches.

Yeah You might have used the same couple of attacks, but atleast You were able to look at what was going on in the dungeon or raid. Now You spend the whole time looking at your bar hoping the 6 second cool down is up intime to grab that mob that the healer aggro'd or tabbing from one mob to the next trying to keep DOTs up on them. Theres an old saying we used in the Military..KISS Keep It Simple Stupid..Whoever decided that making things more complicated and stressful = More fun..really lost touch with..I dont know 600 thousand players...and counting
    so i guess playing any class with more then 5 buttons is hard? guessing ret pally is your fav.

And i have had no trouble with tanking with bear at all, and im also at 2exp and 3.9% hit... so plenty of misses/parries/dodges for my abilities. We also can't forget you have cooldowns for a reason. Berserk for mangle spam allows for snap aggro on multiple mobs (or a boss/adds halfus + whelps come to mind) no problem with them, you have taunt, you have challanging roar to make them focus on you to allow you to go around hitting them, and if you're spending your whole time looking at your bars, you should really start binding abilities to more then 1-5, or stop clicking. (it helps so you can look around to not stand in shit)

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    so i guess playing any class with more then 5 buttons is hard? guessing ret pally is your fav.

And i have had no trouble with tanking with bear at all, and im also at 2exp and 3.9% hit... so plenty of misses/parries/dodges for my abilities. We also can't forget you have cooldowns for a reason. Berserk for mangle spam allows for snap aggro on multiple mobs (or a boss/adds halfus + whelps come to mind) no problem with them, you have taunt, you have challanging roar to make them focus on you to allow you to go around hitting them, and if you're spending your whole time looking at your bars, you should really start binding abilities to more then 1-5, or stop clicking. (it helps so you can look around to not stand in shit)
    I agree I do need to make some Macros..I just hate that I have to..and No my Pally is Protec..