Deleted

awful dps with good gear :S clues?

good morning,

posting here cus i'm expecting some heavy dps issues since past couple weeks.

here a lil short cut :as destro : before imp.soul-fire my regular dps on normal mode 25 bosses was 25 24k, after the change to imp soul-fire was 20 22k so still lets say acceptable.

then i took a break for try rift.i came back 3 week ago and started raid hc 25 bosses with mah guild.

problem? my dps !i struggle for do 16-17k...compared to 22k + before my lil break...same gear,even bit better cus shoulders upgrade,same rotation, same stuff as before i leave....yet 4k-5k dps less done...

might i be due to fact tis hc bosses?doubtfull

as destro my rotation is : oe ( if no one else does it), instant soulfire for buff, immolate,bane of doom,corruption,conflagrate, chaos bolt, 2-3 incinerate, recast soulfire for the buff t re aply right as it end, and os on with using conflag/chaos bolt every cd and refreshing dots....

as affliction drain : coe if noone, shadowbolt for debuff, ,haunt, bane of doom,corruption,unstable afflic,drain life spam with recasting haunt and ua so 0.1 0.2 sec between end/now one for not clip.

as affli usually getting 16-17k dps...destro 15 16k...considering my gear and pre break dps its awful...

any suggestions please?wheres from that drastic 4-5k dps diffrences lol...

my armory link : caracter Delphini on eu twisting nether horde, impulsive guild. cant post links

my guild even think of kick me cus they think im someone else lol cus the drastic dps drop :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphini View Post
    good morning,

posting here cus i'm expecting some heavy dps issues since past couple weeks.

here a lil short cut :as destro : before imp.soul-fire my regular dps on normal mode 25 bosses was 25 24k, after the change to imp soul-fire was 20 22k so still lets say acceptable.

then i took a break for try rift.i came back 3 week ago and started raid hc 25 bosses with mah guild.

problem? my dps !i struggle for do 16-17k...compared to 22k + before my lil break...same gear,even bit better cus shoulders upgrade,same rotation, same stuff as before i leave....yet 4k-5k dps less done...

might i be due to fact tis hc bosses?doubtfull

as destro my rotation is : oe ( if no one else does it), instant soulfire for buff, immolate,bane of doom,corruption,conflagrate, chaos bolt, 2-3 incinerate, recast soulfire for the buff t re aply right as it end, and os on with using conflag/chaos bolt every cd and refreshing dots....

as affliction drain : coe if noone, shadowbolt for debuff, ,haunt, bane of doom,corruption,unstable afflic,drain life spam with recasting haunt and ua so 0.1 0.2 sec between end/now one for not clip.

as affli usually getting 16-17k dps...destro 15 16k...considering my gear and pre break dps its awful...

any suggestions please?wheres from that drastic 4-5k dps diffrences lol...

my armory link : caracter Delphini on eu twisting nether horde, impulsive guild. cant post links

my guild even think of kick me cus they think im someone else lol cus the drastic dps drop :S
    press a few more buttons and you'll be a pro

Deleted
    My gear is not all that dissimilar to yours - with similar DPS before a bit of Simcraft'ing. I ended up dropping hit down to +15.5 - +16% in favour of int and that gave me a +3K dps boost in 10 man normal. Paying a bit more attention to DoT up time, clipping them, and basically giving myself a slap around the face and not slacking got be another 1 - 1.5K dps fight dependant.

95% DoT uptime compared to 80% will make a big difference to dps, and when returning from a break, we can tend to be a little sloppy at times - well I can - worth a look at your logs just to check.

-- edit - Drain / Aff at the moment, but the same applies to dropped ISF etc.
    Last edited by mmoc91881445a3; 2011-05-10 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Clarification

15+ Year Old Account
    There has been no warlock nerfs - If you did that dps before and suck now you should look for what you did before you started sucking. Spec affliction btw.

Deleted
    well what i did before and dont now is change ui lmao. for be prescise : before with addon u had dot time remainign ON the dot icon attached to target frame.

was keep track of exact time cake, much more than look the separate duration bars offred by quartz or forte

about hit think i had 15% before 17.10 now, from changing bluish shoulder to epics....

kinda scary hehe.

try doing conflag immediately after immolate then putting up bane and corruption as is stated in elitist jerks forums. You will get a dps boost as conflag is a priority and the faster you get it off after immolate then you can burn it twice per immolate timer. Just one thing i noticed if i took the time to read more of what you wrote prolly find another but i am lazy right now as to i just woke up all stuffy and feeling like crap. hope that helps.

here is a run down of my rotation and I am top dps in my guild runs.

Curse of elements - demon soul - herbalist haste buff (can't remember name atm) - hard cast soul fire (to save my insta casts for lust and other important moments such as burning my volcanic potions.) - immolate - conflag - bane of doom - corruption - 2 x incinerate - conflag ( whilst on same immolate timer - hard cast soul fire - 1 more incinerate - immolate ( will repost debuff right as first timer is up) and from there prioritize timers and not clip dots.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Damage over Time effects can't actually clip anymore. If you recast before it ends, you'll simply refresh the timer, not actually applying a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

in my experience it is better to wait the second of lag for conflag, rather than putting up another dot as to the new second of lag and GCD makes you wait longer than the first for conflag. Hence being able to get more conflags in your rotation all fight long being a boost in dps since it is one of your top dmg dealers. Looking at recount at endof fight shows it to be in your top 3 for dmg over the time of the fight, this may be personal opinion, it is also stated to do this instead of putting up another dot on elitist jerks forums for destro locks who have simcrafted it. I hope it doesn't apear that I am arguing in fact I am liking the elevated conversation.

Looking at the WoL Tobias linked, your uptime on DoTs seems really low on several of your kill fights...

-Halfus your Immolate uptime was like 61% as destro, as destro on this fight, fairly sure its more beneficial to focus fire one of the drakes rather than using rain of fire, as it is a fairly lackluster form of AoE, and in a 25 man raid there are likely those with more powerful area attacks to kill the whelps.
    -Atramedes your BoD uptime was like 51% as affliction and Haunt uptime was like 70%
    -All of your uptimes on Maloriak are very low, I assume because you are spamming Seed of Corruption, I'm not entirely sure, but I would think with the number of targets on Maloriak it would likely be more beneficial to tab dot rather than spamming seed (except when soulburn is ready), ideally tho, demonology spec destroys that fight.

The thing with casters is you need to learn how to minimize movement in every boss fight. The less movement the more up time of your dps.

Warlock priority system can be difficult to master due to the number of things you need to do, however I find it the most enjoyable. I suggest figuring out your priority system and practicing non stop on a test dummy until it becomes 2nd nature.

Then learn encounters and how you can minimize movement.

Something that helped me squeeze a few extra dps out was running my own character in SimulationCraft and then using the stat weights from there on Mr. Robot (http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear). My personal suggestion is to do it in steps.

1) Simulate, input stat weights, optimize gems.
    2) Simulate, input stat weights, optimize enchants. (skip if no gems changed)
    3) Simulate, input stat weights, optimize reforging. (skip if no enchants changed)
    4) Simulate with settings of "Patchwerk" and "Elite", then simulate it again with settings of "Helter Skelter" and "Ouch! Fire is hot!".

By comparing the 2 different simulations in step 4 you get a solid idea of where you actually stand. Also I found that reviewing the action priorities in the simulation can point to what you may be doing wrong/forgetting about. More than likely though, you are simply out of practice with the fight mechanics of each boss on top of being out of practice with your character... those factors together can easily rob you of 2-5k dps.

And if your guild was threatening to kick you for one bad week after some time off... then they aren't the kind of people I would want to play with.