Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    Cataclysm heroics are defo not any harder then WotLK heroics (talking about 5 mans here).
    LOL yea I dont think so mate on this one....Maybe to clarify with the term 'harder' to a casual also implies time consuming (hence that is why most are casuals due to lack of time constraints). In the beginning when I hit 80 in LK I remember being in Halls of Lightning with a pretty good group (no LFG yet) and after a few wipes we cleared it in just under an hour. Never again in any heroic did i spend even close to that much time in a dungeon. And you're telling me that now 5 months of heroics you can wip out a random heroic easier than a LK heroic? Please lets get real and save some face on this one. Unless you are secretly Ghostcrawler and are just trying to add sugar to the sour ingredients in the pot, you fail in opinions.

And why do i keep monitoring these forums someone pms me....hoping to one day find a reason to start playing again a game that i loved so much for 5 years.........

Bliz is so far off with their understanding of their subscribers, it's not even funny. It's not only "content consumption," but the feeling of the core mechanics. Imo, healing feels like crap, tanking is frustrating, and DPS is an e-peen contest with other tards yelling "LOL I DID 15K DPS IM GOOD *dies to fire*" along with the community post wrath will never be the same as it was in TBC again. Also, pumping out content faster than bliz is now with the immense bugging when the patch comes live will most likely lead into a deterioration of quality, and I can get a piece of shit MMO anywhere. (I could just slip 15 bucks into my Aion account, how easy was that!) Time to go back to the drawing board bliz, cause this game has been taking a beating as far as quality and challenge since 3.2 with trial of the huge stinking load of crap, more like trial of my patience. (although to tell the truth not much can be done, I see most of the problems is community based)

I can't, I can only base it on figures in the past about the percentage of the playerbase that is top level or even wearing any epics, it was a while back now but blizzard stated that only about 10% of top levels had killed a boss in karazhan. Content is more accessible these days but I doubt that figure has changed much
    Last edited by Beasty; 2011-05-10 at 08:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    QFT, but it's too late now. WoW will not peak again.

But to be honest it still amazes me that a buy-to-play game without subs (Guild Wars) can outproduce WoW in content even after years of no new expansions while the large majority of their developers are focused on the sequel.
    Im actually surprised u said wow cant peak again
    Many things they have been doing is little but as they go along like direct x11 smoother models the game is changing. The game has gotten more accessible but also more challenging. We arent haflway thru this xpac and already you want to call it fail. Not just you but many people. Ok wow dipped and your point being...people have things going on. Whats happenign with the game is and will always be changing. Everyone says why didnt they do this sooner..well it wasnt done sooner because it wasnt thought of. The interaction between GM's and the way they communicate and the way the game changes is just coming forward is only because of how this community is changing. WoW is far from done. Everygame sees decline and thats what happens. WoW imo is the future till titan comes out, so willl they stop developing no, will they stop creating no, will people want something else to play yea of course. Seeing as how far they come and how far the MMO community has come as a whole WoW wont and prob wont ever be done. When you speak of outproduce WoW what do you mean. People dont like that pay for this n that, I have friends who played rift and already quit. They wont play wont but quit rift and arent even looking forward to GW2, I cant even say im looking forward to it, imo its looks like another jap anime mmo. Heres my opinion like an asshole I have one liek everyone else. WoW wont die this has made to many social and even political aspects in life. Its mmo's as we know it. We are the community and we are the future, we may have diff play styles and we may have diff agendas but when it comes down to it everyone compares everything to WoW. That it why and it will rein supreme. Blizzard is gaming and they will make sure that WoW is killed by themselves hence enter Titan, its like beatiung a dead horse but thats been said over n over again

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybutt22345 View Post
    Bliz is so far off with their understanding of their subscribers, it's not even funny. It's not only "content consumption," but the feeling of the core mechanics. Imo, healing feels like crap, tanking is frustrating, and DPS is an e-peen contest with other tards yelling "LOL I DID 15K DPS IM GOOD *dies to fire*" along with the community post wrath will never be the same as it was in TBC again. Also, pumping out content faster than bliz is now with the immense bugging when the patch comes live will most likely lead into a deterioration of quality, and I can get a piece of shit MMO anywhere. (I could just slip 15 bucks into my Aion account, how easy was that!) Time to go back to the drawing board bliz, cause this game has been taking a beating as far as quality and challenge since 3.2 with trial of the huge stinking load of crap, more like trial of my patience. (although to tell the truth not much can be done, I see most of the problems is community based)
    See the bar at the top of this page? Click the 6th link, labeled "Guild Wars 2 Guru", you'll find that game that makes you want to play MMOs again.

First the last: Only is Comic Sans is precious.
    And then the first. BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH
    Really? Their idea of 600K subscriptions canceled is that's because of people "DOING ALL THE CONTENT"? Seriously? No other reason come to their mind? None? Come on, PLEASE... Their own development department know that's not the reason, and made Rise of the Zandalari before the Firelands to try to correct their previous misconceptions, and yet they still say that absurd? Oh, come on...

Agreed....Blizz hasnt peeked but WoW has....with Blizzard getting ready to launch 2 mmo's in 3 years one would argue to deft ears to not realize this but man alive....Blizz is gonna stay on top with D3 and Titan to follow for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit two months ago, can't say I didn't see it coming really.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Wasnt it always a up and down in subscriptions? Maybe not that early after a expansion release but usually the rate peaks at the release of a expansion and goes down over the period of that new expansion until the next one hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Based on how big this game is, I have never seen a more balanced game.
    I am not sure what you mean by balance, but that is far from true. For one example DK's were not even close to the tops of the damage meters, in any fight; Hunters however were. So what does Blizz do? They nerf DK's and buff hunters .... amazing! Why? because of pvp! The fury warrior changes was to stop burst dps in pvp .... AND YET THEY BUFF ARCANE MAGES! Nothing like getting hit for 80k arcane blast and then reading the patch notes to see a 15% damage buff.

Its hard to see the logic on almost all of the class changes.
    Last edited by Vasz; 2011-05-10 at 08:44 AM.

Wow - I'm impressed!... With the person who predicted the D3 Public Beta announcement a few days ago that is, with logic from previous dates in the last few years. Fair play to him, whoever it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybutt22345 View Post
    I rather enjoy healing in WoW right now, it actually feels like a it's my duty to heal people rather than show up and spam one heal and win. DPS seems to be an e-peen contest no matter what game you play, people are always fascinated with being first, being the top, it's not just WoW it's every game I have ever played.

I personally think WoW's core mechanics are fine for the most part, the content is what needs work, it's easy for the most part, I'm not an utter completion freak but I have been through normal mode in current content and that is just dandy for me, now I'm waiting for firelands to come out and spend a few months rocking that out with my guild.

There could be many reasons for the sub losses, hell I cancelled my sub for 8 months just because my band was going places, once it died down I came back to WoW. People grow up, people get bored, people just.. move on. Blizzard knows this and which is why they'll keep coming with the new games for people to play and a new MMO to appeal to the people who want an updated MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    I am not sure what you mean by balance, but that is far from true. For one example DK's were not even close to the tops of the damage meters, in any fight; Hunters however were. So what does Blizz do? They nerf DK's and buff hunters .... amazing! Why? because of pvp! The fury warrior changes was to stop burst dps in pvp .... AND YET THEY BUFF ARCANE MAGES!
    Ok so you try n balance a game between pvp and pve. They said from the begining they didnt want to separate the 2 and keep all the talents in line with both. If thats your argument then it kinda sucks. One the game is based off of 3v3 pvp balance and if you havent seen that then wtf are you even doing posting. Balance is from a pve and pvp perspective. Really check how you play because hey just because other wont say it but maybe you suck at both and cant play your class. I know shitty pvpers who are awesome at pvp and vice versa so run your mouth more

That was bound to happen. And with D3, Wow will go down still more, unfortunatly. All good things must come to an end

Deleted
    600k...honestly I was expecting more

5% is not THAT high.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silendeath View Post
    This is simple reason why so many people stopped playing, because 10 man and 25 man is the same difficulty and reward. Its just easier to get 10 competent players to raid than it is to get 25. Sure all the hardcore guilds are still 25 but they never had a problem filling spots. All the middle of the game guilds have a handful of good players and this 10m raiding makes it easier for them to progress. All the players that are getting sat or just not progressing cause all that left is all the bads to group with are just quitting.

People are progressing through the content much faster now is cause they only need 10 good players and no one to hold them back.

What the shit? You have no idea how hard/unforgiving 10m Heroic is compared to 25m. Please don't comment about things you don't know anything about.

Impetus Norvegicus
    Norwegian Empire Community
    Søker etter flere norsktalende spillere
    Guild forum | Guild HQ

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Based on how big this game is, I have never seen a more balanced game.
    Same.

WoW is a lot better balanced than any other MMO I tried, and most non-MMO games.

People like to rant about it though because they think they should be the only customer and hence their opinion is automatically the #1 issue for the dev team right now, no exceptions. Ah well.
    SQUEAK.
    --(The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

There is one reason and one reason only for why players for the first time are leaving WoW rather than flocking to it: Heroics & Raids are no longer fun - they're chores. Cataclysm was the expansion for the elitists... turns out they only make up a few percent of the total playerbase. Who knew... oh wait... I did.

Quote Originally Posted by samzam View Post
    If they actually balanced the game instead of sitting around and doing jack sh*t all day, waiting months to nerf grossly overpowered abilities like RoF, NS, CS and such I think at least half of these players including myself would've stuck around, I'm not going to re-roll every time another class dominates mine, which seems like it's exactly what they want. disgusting
    I think this just goes to show you've never played many computer games before. WoW is better balanced than any other MMO (by a fairly large margin, too), and than most non-MMO games, too. Your perception of balance is either based on a self-defined standard where you yourself should either be just above level or noticeably above (due to how human perception works, 50/50 would appear to be "mostly losses" to you, sorry, ask your local red traffic light), or on games like Starcraft II (incidentally by the same developer) or HoN. Games which are based on pro-league level play and focusing specifically on the smallscape PvP-only balance.
    Since WoW has a much larger playerbase to balance for (since it has PvE and different kinds of PvP), the 1v1 balance is never going to work out as well as say in HoN.

But again, which game are you comparing WoW for for this?

Quote Originally Posted by runeb1980@hotmail.com View Post
    There is one reason and one reason only for why players for the first time are leaving WoW rather than flocking to it: Heroics & Raids are no longer fun - they're chores. Cataclysm was the expansion for the elitists... turns out they only make up a few percent of the total playerbase. Who knew... oh wait... I did.
    Ofc you might be right, but I wouldn't exactly call it a negative thing then. The quality of pugs has noticeably improved. Not only on a gameplay- but also on a social-level. People chat again, they talk, in ZA/ZG they discuss how to clear how many of the timers, and so on. It's no longer 45 minutes of quiet boredom until people get their VP dispensed.

But, this is due to exactly what you said: Cataclysm forced the truly bad players (and I mean social issues as much as gameplay-skill here) to either improve, or give up on it. The ones who improved, hurray. The ones who didn't... why should I feel bad if they quit? The sub-numbers prove it's a rather small number we're talking about, and if they improve my QoG noticeably by quitting, I'm happy.
    The one big remaining problem now is that WoW never teaches you how to play while levelling. I agree universally that this needs to be remedied in some way, there needs to be clear restrictions and rewards for learning how to properly Tank / Heal / DPS while levelling up. That alone would improve lvl85 life like nothing else would.
    But in the interrim, getting the people who both don't know how to play and (and this is the dealbreaker for me) can't be arsed to try improving to quit is... good.
    Last edited by Carighan; 2011-05-10 at 09:02 AM.
    SQUEAK.
    --(The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

Quote Originally Posted by thebusiness View Post
    Ok so you try n balance a game between pvp and pve. They said from the begining they didnt want to separate the 2 and keep all the talents in line with both. If thats your argument then it kinda sucks. One the game is based off of 3v3 pvp balance and if you havent seen that then wtf are you even doing posting. Balance is from a pve and pvp perspective. Really check how you play because hey just because other wont say it but maybe you suck at both and cant play your class. I know shitty pvpers who are awesome at pvp and vice versa so run your mouth more
    Oh please, give me a break. The argument is valid, your just out to whine with anyone who doesn't agree with your opinions. It has nothing to do with how good I am in pvp. Did you not see the Colossus Smash changes? 50% in pvp, 100% in pve. How hard is it to do that with all spells? They did it with CC too.

Saying the game is based on 3v3 is total bs. This game used to be about raiding capital cities and AV games that used to last for a week. Now its about capture the flag and arena ratings.

They took the "Massively" part out of mmorpg.