Poll: Best GTA Game since GTA III?

Thread: Best GTA game?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best GTA game?

Im interested in knowing what the general public gamer thinks is the best GTA game of the newer generations. Starting with GTA III. Give a description for why you believe this is the best game as well.

I chose San Andreas because it's the first one I played and since then I've played Vice and GTA IV. SA has an amazing story and seems more "fun" to play compared to GTA IV. But the general feel of GTA IV is indeed better. But SA will always have a special place in my heart in regards to GTA.
    Last edited by Nekhetyo; 2011-05-10 at 06:22 AM.
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Vice city here, "Oh my god you shot him, there's blood and pubic hair all over the place!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gta games, but build on the same "concept" Saints Row 2 and Red Dead Redemption.
    But i will have to say GTA Vice city.

San andreas, tho i played Vice city so much more..

San Andreas was the only game i kept coming back to, followed by Vice City. Preferred the scripts in Vice City, but liked some of the characters in San Andreas.

GTA4 was allright, didnt like how the camera was positioned behind the car when driving and gta4 literally gave me headaches.. Never had that problem with the other games, including few racing games and FPS games.. Although i liked the driving and the crashing in gta4, cool graphics.

Deleted
    GTA: IV. I really liked the new graphics when it came out on PS3. It opened up lots of posibilitys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vice City was the only one that held my attention longer than just running around pissing off cops.

San Andreas. GTA 4 was such a downgrade. Vice city has the best map, though Red Dead Redemption is by far the best game Rockstar ever made.

My vote goes for GTA II, a pity it is not on the poll

I've played them all up to gta IV. While San Andreas is a close second for it's sheer amount of content, gta IV will take the cake for me. Reason being the physics engine. Having finished the story, I can still always find something fun and creative to do in liberty city. Messing around will always produce unique results for me. Can't say anything about the expansions, since I haven't played them, but I'm sure they'd just be an extension of an already insanely well executed living, breathing game world.

TL,DR: GTA IV for me.
    Last edited by Shadowgreth; 2011-05-10 at 07:22 AM.

"Grove street bitch suck my dick!"

Vice City would be a close second for me. When I first heard Samauel L Jackson's voice in San Andreas I shit kittens.

Also, I couldn't stand Liberty City Stories. Was almost literally a reskinned version of 3.
    Last edited by Kwickslash; 2011-05-10 at 07:15 AM.

Deleted
    Vice City. Although I'm actually going back to GTA IV now that I have some more time for it, you never know, it may grow on me.

I couldn't get into San Andreas because the main character annoyed me too much. He's busy trying to set up a massive criminal empire, but every so often he gets guilted into getting sidetracked into some pathetic turf war over a tiny piece of useless real estate. He should have just told his brother(cousin?) to grow up. Every other GTA character is working their way up the criminal food chain, he was the only one trying to work his way back down...

Deleted
    Vice City, hands down. One of the greatest games I ever played, and still play.

15+ Year Old Account
    San Andres. The huge open map was great. I loved cruising around the landscapes instead of the always being in a city GTA usually goes with. It was a bold idea, and it worked very well. And hijacking the train, taking it at full speed, just for it to derail on the turns is always fun.

Oh, and I'm guilty of never actually finishing any of the GTA stories ever. I always end up getting into some epic car chase for an hour or so.

Deleted
    Its quite obviouisly San Andreas.
    By the way if ur going to have those GTA 4 expansions - includied the Stories games please.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I liked both Gay Tony and San Andreas, think ill go with SA since the jet was fun to fly.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Vice City, without any doubt. I mean come on, cruising around in a hawai shirt in the 80's, running people over with a golfcart while blasting Twisted Sister, Slayer or Anthrax! Doesn't get any better...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    San An' has always been the best imo because of the time period it takes place in and the huge map filled with goodies. But after both awesome DLCs GTAIV slips ahead of vice city and comes close to #1 in my book.

I hope the next GTA has air planes and car customization like SA did. Since GTAIV was basically NYC i can kind of understand why they skipped out on it (insert 9/11 joke here)

I personally consider GTA IV and Vice City the best ones so far, after playing San Andreas at a friend when it was just released I decided to totally skip that one, I did not like the scene where it took place at all and HATED the attribute system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karate99 View Post
    GTA: IV. I really liked the new graphics when it came out on PS3. It opened up lots of posibilitys.
    I finished it in 3 days, it was quite easy, shame about the no money cheat
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch