Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Someone tell me what the hell im doing wrong.

I'm ooming so bad in raids its ridiculous, having to pop dp everytime its off cooldown. Not sure what im doing wrong gear/gem/chant/talent wise, help would be appreciated.

Righteouscan Kael'thas US
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

Deleted
    Any chance you have a log, much easier to see what you're doing that way

You should also not reforge to mastery, always reforge to spirit if the item doens't always have any, if it does have spirit reforge to haste, if it has spirit and haste, don't reforge at all. That will help a good deal.

Also, your spec isn't that good. You should use either of these two (including the glyphs):
    Beacon spec (ToR spec)
    None beacon spec (none ToR spec)

I presume you're raiding 10 man, so WoG is actually good to have and improve, therefore these specs
    Last edited by mmoc3474d1d8e5; 2011-05-10 at 11:53 AM.

Deleted
    Why are you reforging Haste/Crit away for Mastery Rating?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish I did, we did twins the other night and its at 60% hp and I'm down to 30k mana and the other healers are still above 50%. Maybe I'm over-healing too much i don't know.

I have had issues with over-healing in the past. I don't like seeing people below 75% hp just a personal quirk of mine.
    Last edited by at05gt; 2011-05-10 at 11:54 AM.
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

Deleted
    ur reforging is a little bit off. Get away from mastery to haste.
    Is it 10 or 25man u are raiding, what healing roles do u have (tank or raid). Too many things unkown to say for sure what is wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by at05gt View Post
    Wish I did, we did twins the other night and its at 60% hp and I'm down to 30k mana and the other healers are still above 50%. Maybe I'm over-healing too much i don't know.

I have had issues with over-healing in the past. I don't like seeing people below 75% hp just a personal quirk of mine.

ah, i had that too, especially at the start of cata, i overhealed alot(wich wasnt good for my mana) always an extra Rejuv on people got me oom quite fast those days :x I don't play healer at the moment though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I shoulda been more specific, 10 man main tank heals. I was told mastery was good, did someone lie to me?

I don't have this issue on my sham or druid (as you can see from my sig both are resto, I like healing don't judge me).

Deleted
    I think its clear you are pretty new to this, which is fine we are all new once. You need to learn the basics, and as such i reccomend you to read Holy Paladins - The Light and How to Channel it. This great guide for beginners should help you.

Just a couple of things to get you started.
    1.)You have reforged to Mastery on several items. Int>Spirit>Haste>Crit>Mastery is the stat order.
    2.)Spec is pretty bad, you have many un-needed points, and not chosen many good points. (Specs will be advised in linked guide, which does explain all talents)

Best of luck with all future raiding!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol wow this is gonna make me look bad, I've been healing on this toon for almost 4 years now. I quit during ICC (before the pre cata changes), and just recently started healing on this guy again the last few months so the new stat allocations are foreign to me. Once the servers are back up ill go back over my spec with a magnifying glass, looks like I was drunk speccing again.

His reforging has nothing to do with going oom and his spec has barely anything to do with it. You are either overhealing or not judging enough

Deleted
    Lol wow this is gonna make me look bad, I've been healing on this toon for almost 4 years now. I quit during ICC (before the pre cata changes), and just recently started healing on this guy again the last few months so the new stat allocations are foreign to me. Once the servers are back up ill go back over my spec with a magnifying glass, looks like I was drunk speccing again.
    I should point out i did mean new to healing as a Paladin doing Cata content. I did not mean any reflection on your past experiences and/or other healers

Quote Originally Posted by Homer
    His reforging has nothing to do with going oom and his spec has barely anything to do with it. You are either overhealing or not judging enough
    lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyhar View Post
    I should point out i did mean new to healing as a Paladin doing Cata content. I did not mean any reflection on your past experiences and/or other healers

lol?
    Why you laughing you actually think increasing cast speed saves mana?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyhar View Post

lol?
    No offense taken, I figured thats what you meant. This Holy Power bar really messed with me once I got back into the swing, I was like omg more resource management /RAGE. I'm getting the hang of it thou.

for one: you look terrible

10+ Year Old Account
    For one: I agree with you. This helm dropped and I previewed it and was like OMG WHY IS BIRD ON FACE.

Problems with your character (some have been mentioned already):

1. Your reforging is wrong. Your stat priority is spirit/haste (spirit more so than haste if you're running oom), crit, mastery. Mastery is your worst stat and you should not only ALWAYS reforge out of it but try to stay away from pieces with mastery altogether.
    2. Your spec is wrong. Drop Arbiter of the Light, drop Blazing Light, drop a point in Enlightened Judgments. Pick up Paragon of Virtue, pick up Crusade and possibly Improve Judgments.
    3. Drop Glyph of Cleansing for Glyph of Divinity (major mana return from using LoH there). Glyph of Light of Dawn is situational, if you can reliably hit that many targets with LoD, fair enough, if not pick up something else, like Glyph of LoH (to use it twice in longer fights, even more mana) or Glyph of Divine Protection, always nice. Get Glyph of Divine Favor, WoG glyph is pretty meh.

No way of knowing how you're actually healing without a log, but don't overheal (doh), don't use Flash of Light unless you absolutely must (ie the target will die before you cast a DL on them), use Holy Light to fish for Daybreak procs and use them etc. Make use of your healing cooldowns when you need to heal a lot, wings, DF, Guardian and so on.

Good luck.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I shoulda been more specific, 10 man main tank heals. I was told mastery was good, did someone lie to me?
    Yes, they did.

Haste and Spirit, Haste and Spirit, and if someone tells you that you need Crit for procs, the only Crit you need for Procs is From the Talent.

Also, Make sure you are using the Right seal, and use Judgement every time its off CD.

Deleted
    Ask druids for innervates, if they have it glyphed then they will gain mana as well as yourself.

Our Pallys certainly seem to burn mana too.

Deleted
    Why you laughing you actually think increasing cast speed saves mana?
    I laughed because someone asked for advice, and instead of pointing him in the right direction you decided to try and comment on something that you knew literally nothing about (he didn't provide logs, he could do alot less overheal than you for all you know..)

Also, yes the spec and reforges would play a key part in him OOMing, as with lacking important talents like Crusade, Aura Mastery and several wrong refoges, he would have to spend more mana casting more heals to cover the amount of healing he could have done with those rectifed, thus yes it's a reason he is OOMing.

If you do want to try and give advice to Holy Paladins asking for it, at least make it useful and using the resources you have instead of making silly and frankly untrue comments like

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyfaria View Post
    Also, Make sure you are using the Right seal, and use Judgement every time its off CD.
    See now I feel silly, I've only been judging to keep the haste buff up, have to remember insight gives mana when judged DOH.

Really wish the servers where up.
    Last edited by at05gt; 2011-05-10 at 12:30 PM.