10+ Year Old Account

I'm Quitting Forum

Original idea from Vendain, It's a good idea. Since so many people are making threads in the General Discussion, of them quitting, or others quitting.
    A place where they all go, and people could say bye to.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rum-Suggestion
    v you dun got goofed bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Broheals View Post
    I guess you have a job with blizzard... Oh no wait you do better stuff than blizzard! Well done love it, I must see more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I cut out bits from Hamlet and pasted them together in another book. I'm a better author than Shakespeare!

Hope it catches on

10+ Year Old Account
    Any forum that will consolidate all the separate quitting threads into one big thread that I can avoid is alright with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    whats the point then? nobody would look at that forum, and the whole point of tewlling everyone you dont know you're quitting is to piss people off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    whats the point then? nobody would look at that forum, and the whole point of tewlling everyone you dont know you're quitting is to piss people off.
    It's mostly to clean up the General Discussion forum. Each day there are numerous amounts of threads of people quitting.
    Putting it in its own place would make the General Discussion, General again.
    v you dun got goofed bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Broheals View Post
    I guess you have a job with blizzard... Oh no wait you do better stuff than blizzard! Well done love it, I must see more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I cut out bits from Hamlet and pasted them together in another book. I'm a better author than Shakespeare!

Or just ban them entirely, seeing as no discussion takes place inside of said threads.

Deleted
    Never really made a post when I quit...I'l just join in there for giggles.

Stood in the Fire StendhalSyndrom's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Un-United States, In the newest of Yorks, on the Isle of Long, roaming the Eastern Meadows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Never really made a post when I quit...I'l just join in there for giggles.
    GG Troll...you just did. OT: I'd love this let em drown in a pool of their own QQ till they start playing 5 days later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    "Oh yeah?" said Rhonin. "Well, I've got Reginald Whipplebottom the Fourth, here." As he said this, he brandished his right fist. "And I've got Agamemnon W. Jackson, as well," he said, indicating his left fist. "And they brought their buddy, Peter T. Thickness, the Piston of Devastation." As he said this, he did a pelvic thrust, in case it wasn't clear that he was talking about his penis.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StendhalSyndrom View Post
    GG Troll...you just did. OT: I'd love this let em drown in a pool of their own QQ till they start playing 5 days later.
    FYI not everybody who quits comes back again
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

this needs to happen.

and if they post outside of their little hole, IP Ban the fuckers.

I agree, BUT the posts better not show up in the "Recent Forum Posts" on the front page. Seeing all the stupid i quite posts just make me like going to this site less and less. It gets annoying and i don't care they are quitting.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

The i quot threads are for those ppl that lack real friendships and therefore feel the need to inform complete strangers who never knew them in the first place that they will no longer be around. Imagine doing this irl on ur local high street.
    Excuse sir I will no lpnger be living in this town. Goodbye" lol weird

15+ Year Old Account
    im sorry to post this in your thread coinbangles.
    first thing first, i am all for creating a cleaner forum. clutter is my worst enemy.
    now that ive said that...

[rant]
    (none of the following will be directed at original poster. you=players that post this kinda thing)

im not too sure what the point of posting that people are quitting on here is anyway.

like, you want others to quit with you?
    are you looking for support?
    sharing the reasons why youre quitting to make others consider quitting?
    youre trying to justify it to yourself why you should quit by posting it somewhere where both you and others can see it, rather just inside your head?
    you want to see if other people agree with your reasoning or if youll get troll'd? "the internet is for trolls."
    attention attention attention? is it all of a sudden "cool" to stop playing wow? does it feed your ego?

negativity spreads like a wildfire, whether it be in a class, an online community, work, or wherever. it can become contagious and I THANK GOD this community has as many moderators it does. minimizing harassments and filler-posts help make this place an educational and entertaining experience to surf.

every time i quit this game (yes multiple times) i still retain intact with this community (mmo-champion), which ultimately makes me wanna play again. yea, ill browse these forums and post, ill look at the news of changes and content on the front page as if i was still playing. but for no reason have i ever found a good enough reason to post somewhere "I am quitting, peace!" i remember people posting this kind of news on the old wow forums, and sometimes youll see it on our current forums. that i can whole-heartedly understand. its different because youre saying farewell to a community, a server, that you used to partake in and enjoy.

i guess im writing all this with the assumption that most people that quit the game stiiiiiilllllllll after days, weeks, months, check this forum out. now if youre leaving the mmo-champion community also, again, i would whole-heartedly understand why youre posting "goodbye" but if youre going to still stick around mmo-champion, id recommend not posting any kind of "im quitting wow lolo1!1l" threads, as i think it promotes a negative lighting of WoW, the game this whole community is built upon.

[/rant]

i fail to understand why people announce they are quitting the forum, or game, or whatever. It's like a cry for attention. I bet these same people quit facebook, then made a facebook page announcing that they quit. Personally, i love these forums. Good and bad aspects. Sometimes insightful, other times down right entertaining. Like the post about the player that got banned for the "n" word, then followed up with a story about the CS rep that said........ unspeakable things. I digress......i can't get enough of these forums. I have been reading for a loooooooooooong time, but recently just started posting. Keep it coming!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garam View Post
    Or just ban them entirely, seeing as no discussion takes place inside of said threads.
    This would be a very good idea

Or you can just delete them. If you need to make an entire separate forum for "trash" posts, then there's a problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Don`t think many people that are quitting are that bothered with how many/what replys they get, Blowing off some steam usually helps in some cases.

quiting for after 6 years . good game but its time to let go I think...