10+ Year Old Account

Whats the PvE spec for locks?

Im just in the PTR atm and got a premade warlock, just want to try them out, whats the main pve spec tho?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    All specs are viable in PvE. Test them all and see what you like.

Nothing's changed so I imagine affliction is still best in theory, but they are all reasonably solid in PvE

Aff Drain is the best on paper. Aff SB is best in practice. All are quite viable though.

Affliction and destruction are fairly even most of the time. Demon is the best lock aoe spec, most progression locks dual spec into it for situational use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Demo if your raid doesn't have the 10% SP buff from another lock or ele and for AoE.

Destro/Afflic for anything else

^ assuming you can play all specs at an equal level that is

---------- Post added 2011-05-11 at 12:42 AM ----------

Like if you're going to lose 10k dps or something because you really just haven't fucked with demo and don't have a clue, the 10% isn't worth it.

The kind of people who don't even know what spec to play because they're just clueless are the kind of people who would drop that kind of dps

jussayin'

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Demonology for all fights. I think it's a fun spec and it takes time to master. I've mastered it, but it's always slagging behind the others in single target. I'd love a hot fix haha.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Deleted
    They need to buff felguard single target imo. Sick of using weird pets for demo. Dont see hunters having to switch pets mid fight, felguard should be much stronger single target than succy (pre 4.1) and felhunter (now) as it is demo exclusive.

Honestly, I would go with Affliction and Destro only because they are the top two specs AND they favor the same stats Haste > Crit > Mastery. Unless you want to go out of your way of having two sets or swapping reforges after certain bosses for certain fights, its best to go with those two. Personally I go affliction/demo because I HATE destro. I did not play a warlock to play a mage. -.-

Demo favors Mastery > Haste > Crit when your haste is about 15% or so unbuffed. Which gives it the opposite stat weights which makes gearing demo like gearing Boomkin and Feral instead of Boomkin and Resto.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derivatives View Post
    I play Demonology for all fights. I think it's a fun spec and it takes time to master. I've mastered it, but it's always slagging behind the others in single target. I'd love a hot fix haha.
    When played right, I think there is no real problem in slagging behind, atleast, I have none. And no, the people I'm racing against are on same skill and gear level.