Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    WowInterface is the same atm. Trion is really pushing this free trial. Thank goodness for Adblock.

There are other ways to advertise than make it take up 1/2 of a webpage. For instance making a SUPERB game in the first place so it get viral advertisement.

Times like these I'm glad I use adblock. The main reason I actually do use it is these full page adds for stuff I have no interest in.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Deleted
    wow,,, ive never really looked at mmo-champion without adblock, i knew it had 2 small ads, i had no idea it also had a huge one on each side :S

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    I find it ironic actually.

This site always trolls other mmo's even though its named mmo champion, as in all mmo's.

Now its being trolled lol.
    You have more than 990 posts and yet you dont know that boub made this site mainly for wow?

Ah so that's what IE9 was blocking the other day. I come here every day and have never seen that, though I often get IE blocking cross-site scripting here.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Versedian View Post
    It's funny, You clearly go to these sites you enjoy, then complain about the resources they have to use to keep their site up, I personally sometimes click an Ad here or there to support them.
    A. This site is no longer owned and payed for by boub, but by an actual corporation.
    B. Ads are pay per view, NOT pay per click.
    C. It's not uncommon for ads to come with spy/malware.
    D. If they dont want people to block the ads, then they should use non-obnoxious ads, I block the ads on MMO-Champion, but I would never block the ads on say Reddit because their ads aren't in your face click me ads.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Versedian View Post
    It's funny, You clearly go to these sites you enjoy, then complain about the resources they have to use to keep their site up, I personally sometimes click an Ad here or there to support them.
    MMO-Champ did fine for years before Curse came along, and they didn't need to resort to huge obnoxious ads. This is just corporate whoring on the part of Curse.

Adblock and similar addons/software should be banned, imo. Sites need to make money to keep running and to stay motivated to stay updated. These softwares/addons completely negate this and really it should feel like you're abusing the site.

I know people feel differently about this, but that's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    Adblock and similar addons/software should be banned, imo. Sites need to make money to keep running and to stay motivated to stay updated. These softwares/addons completely negate this and really it should feel like you're abusing the site.

I know people feel differently about this, but that's just me.
    There are some other sites (not only mmo champion or wowhead) with flashy adds that are very very very anoying to look at. Some adds also slow down your loading of the site or crush it. Thats the true reason why those 2 exist. But it you press on No-script icon you can chose wich adds will be displayed.

In other words--using this programs is to make sites more clean and healty to look at. You can always disable them if you like adds that is.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    adblock plus ftw lol damn that looks awefull the site with all those adds.

mmo-champ is the only site I have a problem with. The main page slows my work laptop down to a halt, and it's a Lenovo T60P. Nota monster of a machine, but not something that should be almost locking up just loading the main page on mmo-champ.

Maybe it;s a hint I shouldn't be on mmo-champ at work, but that's what happens when you work on laptops for a living :P

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    <3 you Adblock+

10+ Year Old Account
    http://s.guildomatic.com/22355/host/...af89006f0a.png This is my layout, nice n clean. also wowhead's background is black for me, no-ads ftw !
    Last edited by Huntaer; 2011-05-11 at 06:57 PM.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

I agree with the OP, I have a habit of clicking on the sides of a page to bring it to the forefront so I can use the scroll wheel to scroll down, and because of these stupid ads (on both the main page and the Blue Tracker) I always get sent to a over-rated MMO's main page. I don't want to download adblocker, as ads are a significant source of revenue for MMO-Champion, but full page ads are a little bit too much for me to handle.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record, there was a thread earlier on this and got locked.

If you have a problem with ads, PM a moderator/site admin.

Edit: And I wish Suggestions in Off-topic would stop showing up when Off-topic is unchecked.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Edit: And I wish Suggestions in Off-topic would stop showing up when Off-topic is unchecked.
    You should make a suggestion or feedback about it

15+ Year Old Account
    if you dont like it install adblock plus, its that easy!

Read a lot of advertisement for Adblock. lol. At least its a free extension ^-^.

Oh no, now it sounds like I'm advertising...

GET IT. Its awesome. =D

Deleted
    If a website requires external addons for comfortable use it's simply bad designed.

On the other hand perhaps it is the actual intention to produce miss clicks? I have no evidence but can imagine that for advertisements where the user is tricked into clicking a link are better paid.....