Thread: PvP Newbie

Deleted

PvP Newbie

Well, I've played WoW for a few years and have dabbled in PvP but I would still class myself as a newbie to it as I have never been particularly good at it, I always enjoyed PvE a lot more.

But I have an 85 Hunter that I would like to start doing some PvP on but I'm not really sure where to start. My Hunter is essentially a 'fresh 85' char, most of the gear is either quest gear or the entry level 85 blue's you can get from the AH. My two specs atm are Survival and MM.

I would like to get better at PvP of course and then go for the armor sets and maybe doing some arenas and such, but I'm not sure of the best Hunter specs for PvP atm, how to go about gearing up and if the blue PvP set of items is better than my current items depsite me loosing some agility and such from the PvP set.

Essentially, I'm just looking for some advice/tips on how to get started with PvP as a Hunter.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Play whatever spec you like the most as you will most likely do better like this. Dont buy any of the crafted blue PvP gear as it is a waste of gold. Get into BG's and grind out some honor for PvP Trinket > 4 set > Offset. You can always run 5 man heroics to boost your damage a bit while gearing although these offer no survival, And most importantly try and cap your conquest points every week and save for your weapons by doing some 2v2 or rated bgs. For survival and Marks i would recommend a spider pet as the snare is very useful and as BM go with a spirit beast for the heal but once you start getting a decent amount of resilience you can go for anything. Remember as a hunter never back peddle and learn to use all your abilities while strafing. Last but not least, Too many hunters do not make use of there melee abilities or traps. Glyphed raptor strike and wing clip are very potent tools when used right just like your traps.