Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I havn't watched t.v for a real long time, I tried watching Adult Swim a few months ago and what the fuck happened? to it?

15+ Year Old Account
    This just in:

Fun and entertainment values are subjective.

Who would've thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This just in:

Fun and entertainment values are subjective.

Who would've thought?
    we should all be as enlightened as you. that way we would never have to discuss anything at all and message boards would become obsolete.

also, i agree with the OP... i just finished battlestar galactica and i feel like i got goddamn tricked. im never watching tv again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fews View Post
    we should all be as enlightened as you. that way we would never have to discuss anything at all and message boards would become obsolete.

also, i agree with the OP... i just finished battlestar galactica and i feel like i got goddamn tricked. im never watching tv again.
    It was an answer to the original post. People watch TV because some think it's fun, others don't because they don't think it's fun.

Pushing either agenda as a fact doesn't get anywhere.

Honestly have no clue how people can stand it, I refuse to just passively sit there and let marketers flood my brain with their bullshit for 1/3 of a program time slot.

I put my TV on in the backround just to keep me company, I watch new shows and sports events but other than that its pretty useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Why is it that people who don't watch t.v. feel the need to brag about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    TV sucks. Fact.
    TV rocks. Fact.

diducwhatididthar!
    I put my opinion and claimed it as fact!
    Woot!
    TV is completely subjective, as I stated before, I have TiVo and Netflix so that I don't have to watch all the commercials all the time and can knock out two shows in the same time as one, but I do enjoy it and think it rocks as a tool to get my mind off real life, the only thing I think sucks about it is well my tv is big, so I can't move it around...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Why is it that people who don't watch t.v. feel the need to brag about it?
    It gives them a feeling of being somehow more intelligent and cultured than those who do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r3nd View Post
    Cop shows, gang shows, medical shows, prison shows. And no she's not ghetto, she's a 4'11 white girl going to vet school. lol.
    You just ruined anything you had to say with that comment. Like, seriously.

I work 10 hours, go to the gym 3-4 times per week and have night school twice a week. When I get home I chill on my computer. Any means of entertainment I get it strictly on the computer whether it be gaming, watching movies or shows, chatting on skype etc. The only time I watch TV is when I'm at the bar watching a fight or hockey game.

I'm quite positive that when I move out, I won't bother with a TV.

TV is still the laziest thing anyone can do.

It requires no thought, no movement. Downloading things off the net does. Thus, TV IS FOR FITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifersam View Post
    Honestly have no clue how people can stand it, I refuse to just passively sit there and let marketers flood my brain with their bullshit for 1/3 of a program time slot.
    That's some delicious irony coming from anyone who uses the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    TV isnt bad round here, dont watch much except movies, Top Gear and Dragons den really but theres a nice choice around. Supernatural and Glee is a little behind so I watch em on the interwebs though.

yup with everything on the web the only thing i actually watch is major sports events on a big screen, thats pretty much all there is

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Basically true. I haven't really watched TV in the past year and I haven't missed it.

I would agree that watching shows on cable is not fun. There are a select few TV shows that I enjoy watching, but I refuse to pay stupid amounts of money to watch them. I pay less than $10/month for Netflix so I can watch the things I want to watch without commercials. Sure I may have to wait a year until something comes out on DVD, but honestly I'd rather wait a year to watch the thing I want to watch with no commercials than pay $100/month for 200 channels that have 2 or 3 shows on that I even care to watch, each of which has about 10 minutes of commercials and 20 minutes of entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game of Thrones people... GAME. OF. THRONES!

Deleted
    I watch good soccer matches but that's it. Since i've started WoW I feel like: "hmm...instead of watching TV or play another videogame I could also play WoW" - that's how i stopped watching TV or playing other games than WoW.