10+ Year Old Account

Say NO to California State SB 798 - The Anti-airsoft Bill

California Senate Bill 798 passed the Senate Public Safety Committee on March 26. This bill, if passed, prohibits, "...the sale, manufacture, transportation, receipt, or distribution of imitation firearms for commercial purposes," unless, "...the entire exterior surface of the device is
    white, bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright
    blue, bright pink, or bright purple, either singly or as the
    predominant color in combination with other colors in any pattern,
    as provided by federal regulations governing imitation firearms,
    or where the entire device is constructed of transparent or
    translucent materials which permits unmistakable observation of
    the device's complete contents, as provided by federal regulations
    governing imitation firearms."

This is another attempt to stomp on airsoft, and yet another attempt at the Governemnt parenting us. Please sing this petition and we'll let the California State Senate know that we will NOT stand by idely as our freedoms are stripped from us.

Everything above has been pasted from the link that I will provide. The reason it has been pasted is so that you don't think i'm posting an under informed opnion about something i know nothing about.

If you are a fellow airsofter then you realize what kind of negitive impact this could have for our sport. Considering that the vast majority of airsoft guns are imported through California this could kill many of our faveorite airsoft retaliers, evike.com for example. Nobody wants a brand new bright orange gun in an airsoft match when staying hidden can be key to success. Thus people who are intrested in the sport as an alternative to paintball for the lower cost of play or people who are just interested in the sport would be discouraged from actually purchasing a gun due to extremly poor selection of practicaly colored guns. We faithful airsofters will always find a way to continue playing the game that we were willing to invest hundreds if not thousands of dollars into, but this would bring the growth of the sport to a grinding halt. We cannot afford that not when we are experenceing the largest percentage of growth in out sports short history.
    Please sign the petition.

http://www.change.org/petitions/say-...i-airsoft-bill

15+ Year Old Account
    From what I see, you can still get them, they will just be bright, pretty colors. Unfortunate, yes. Stopping them completely, no.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was indifferent, now I think I'll vote for it. Thanks for the info.

Death improves everyone's reputation...