Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Focus magic...who to give it to?

I know there is a guide to dark intent and how it affect personal and raid DPS, but is there a similar guide on Focus Magic?

If not, is it best to trade FM with another arcane mage, or maybe a fire mage, boomy, lock, or even a shadow priest with high haste?

fire mage will more than likely keep up FM more than another arcane, just because they put more crit into their gear, and have molten up most of the time, however theres no real "best" person to slap it on, just figuring out who has the highest crit % and pop it on them.

Ask a moonkin to swap it for innervates for extra deeps, then everyone wins!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that giving it to a warlock could be greatly beneficial, since I sit on wel laround 25 % crit, and with all the dots we got, we should easily keep it going for you, unless I missed something in it's mechanics.

But what about a shadow priest with high haste? Their crit may be lower, but since their haste is so high they crit more often....you don't think that would be advisable?

Deleted
    Try using the search option every now and then. This question was asked yesterday also.
    Fire mage 846
    Shadow priest 760
    Arcane mage 741
    Aff warlock 696
    Demo lock 661
    Dest lock 634
    Frost mage 546
    Ele shammy 535
    Bal druid 488

Using simcraft 4.1, adding FM then subtracting it and calculating the difference over 10k irritations.
    Thanks goes to: Chira of NCA

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    give your FM to a frosty DK,, youll be surprised how often its up
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Am I the only one that thinks that Healers should get a priority over it rather than dps classes?

Deleted
    i always give it to a healer, the destro lock in our group has enough haste/crit, and the healers always keep it up

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks that Healers should get a priority over it rather than dps classes?
    Yes you are. Its more beneficial to a dps than to a healer unless your group is really struggling that hard and a slight crit increase to a healer is going to make or break killing a boss...but at that point your group should be looking at what the healers or tanks or dps are doing wrong that healers can't keep them alive.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    idd healers these days have so lil crit it makes it more beneficial for dps when you got big burn phases or ads to kill quick etc
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimme View Post
    Try using the search option every now and then. This question was asked yesterday also.
    I did not know this...I searched for this question already and couldn't find a thread about it. I must have missed it.....I appreciate your input. I'll try to find that thread, but if anyone has the link feel free to post it.

Go with a healer, Bigger and more heals= Less time dead. Sometimes a zerg fest is not the best >.>

I tend to Focus Magic on the healer for their benefit, but if you have a Skinner in your group place it on them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Deleted
    put it on who crits more

Quote Originally Posted by Stooe View Post
    I tend to Focus Magic on the healer for their benefit, but if you have a Skinner in your group place it on them!
    Because skinning gives a ton of crit ^^ ? Right :b

i give my FM to our resto druid, his hots crit ALL the time so its almost up consisitently

Quote Originally Posted by Zarmful View Post
    Because skinning gives a ton of crit ^^ ? Right :b
    Exactly, if I'm thinking right and Focus magic does stack, your crit chance will hit the ceiling.
    And yet here we are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stooe View Post
    Exactly, if I'm thinking right and Focus magic does stack, your crit chance will hit the ceiling.
    Lmfao. Skinning gives 80 crit rating. Less than 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestlyone View Post
    Lmfao. Skinning gives 80 crit rating. Less than 1%.
    thats 1% more than you have, you damn dirty dwarf.

though he may be right i havent skinned since WOTLK, my rogue had 43% crit chance after skinning leveled fully. Oh well im gonna go smoke a fat blunt

Focus Magic your healer and get love
    Last edited by Tripz; 2011-05-12 at 03:40 PM.
    And yet here we are.