Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    6°°k subscribers in 5 months = nobody has aids in Afrika. Blizzard is not even slightly worried about it!

I think that WoW will be "over" when we're level 100 and Sargeras is dead. After that, they can finally start working on Warcraft 4, and Titan will be their primary MMO. That said...

For those talking about how Titan is the "next WoW" I think it won't be at all. The few rumors that have surfaced are saying MMOFPS in a cyberpunk setting where the world is like a giant lobby for multiplayer matches. Now, that could be mostly wrong, but I feel it's a near certainty that it's going to be a futuristic setting and have more action/shooter based elements, and not be so rooted in traditional RPG gameplay.

nah there wont be wow 3 there will be probably a Warcraft 4, but with titan taking over as the company mmo, i dont see them making another warcraft mmo...

Deleted
    I would love it if they made a PvP version of the current game where the focus was on factions, battles and arena. I would pay more money for such a game that brought the same style and feel of wow but balanced classes for the sole purpose of PvP. I think this would be a success as the demand would be very high.

15+ Year Old Account
    man, if Blizzard launched a trailer tomorrow of WoW 2, the entire WoW world redone, with Fallout 3 graphics or something, people would be squirting their pants and eating their words quicker than you could text your girlfriend.

it being nonviable is what sways peoples opinion.

all they would have to do is introduce crap to the engine that they couldn't previously do or spend time on, aka, the dance studio, mounted combat and guild housing.

They should stop the cataclysm and fire ghostcrawler ... can only improve from there ...
    --
    The cataclysm broke the world ... and the pandas could not fix it!

I fully agree with the OP and i'd like to add another consideration for WoW 2: The engine is pretty much at it's limit and adapting it / creating stuff with it will only get harder when WoW gets more complex, as such a different engine is needed.
    Already there are tons of problems with pathing, boss mechanics, etc. etc.
    Also the complete graphics overhaul wouldn't be unwelcome.

---------- Post added 2011-05-13 at 09:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgana View Post
    They should stop the cataclysm and fire ghostcrawler ... can only improve from there ...
    I might be blind, deaf, numb or noseless, but why again was Ghostcrawler bad / evil / etc?

Merely curious.

Edit: Also i want a yes or no poll, perhaps a "yes, if...." option too, i think that would be pretty interesting OP.
    Last edited by Arshan; 2011-05-13 at 09:16 PM.
    People who think they can reason with me are clearly unreasonable.

Practicin' drawing and writing too, might even post a story or two. (no rhyme intended)

Note to beer-fans: Beer's for pussies, mead's for men.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgana View Post
    Ghostcrawler gets blamed for things simply because he's the most visible Dev. Before Ghostcrawler people blamed Kalgan , and before Kalgan they blamed Tigole. Once Ghostcrawler leaves the company or simply stops being so visible, they'll blame whoever becomes the new face of the devs.

And they can't exactly "stop the Cataclysm", it's already happened and it would be a pretty bad idea to just not do the rest of Cataclysm's patch cycle.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Ghostcrawler gets blamed for things simply because he's the most visible Dev. Before Ghostcrawler people blamed Kalgan , and before Kalgan they blamed Tigole. Once Ghostcrawler leaves the company or simply stops being so visible, they'll blame whoever becomes the new face of the devs.

And they can't exactly "stop the Cataclysm", it's already happened and it would be a pretty bad idea to just not do the rest of Cataclysm's patch cycle.
    So Gc is pretty much just the current "hate-magnet", suspected it slightly but thanks for answering anyway.
    People who think they can reason with me are clearly unreasonable.

Practicin' drawing and writing too, might even post a story or two. (no rhyme intended)

Note to beer-fans: Beer's for pussies, mead's for men.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is no need for wow2, they should just update the game step by step instead of big patches at once and listen more to the players..
    if 1000000 people complain mage is op, they should take a look at it and nerf it, not waiting serveral months so they can apply a nerf with a bunch of other stuff.

Deleted
    We can help make the game better but in all honesty, I'm just tired of it. The devs have their own view on how the game should progress and make some decisions that they think make the game better, some of which do but some are just plain in conflict with my own opinion and I just cancelled my sub because I don't have the time for them to make up their minds.

I WANT to like it but it's just not fun for me anymore. It's grind, grind, grind... I mean look at the new patch coming. Dailies, dailies, dailies... and this is not the only problem I have with it. Emblem/Point system = has to go out the window!

It feels like they lost their balls somewhere along the way and it's all becoming very stale and formulaic.

I hope they get back with a bang, and I follow the game's development, but somehow I don't believe it will change all that much.

As for WoW2, I don't see it coming any time soon. If they do another MMO it most probably won't be of the Warcraft fame.

Quote Originally Posted by bumrush View Post
    Except that activision now has rights to Halo.... and the publishing rights to Blizzard games.
    I think you will find that activision do not own the rights to the halo franchise and those rights now belong to 343industries who are a subsidiary of Microsoft Game Studios who have always had the rights to the halo franchise.

The only deal activision has is a 10 year exclusive publishing deal with bungie, No development involvement at all.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

Wrath brought accessibility. Cataclysm made you work for it. It's pretty clear after cataclysm that Blizzard decided to give back the exclusivity that made raiders feel like theyve accomplished something. Once youve reached multiple millions of subscribers, you hit a plateau no matter what.

Pleasing everyone isnt a tangible goal. Blizzard realizes that retaining quality players at this stage of the game is going to make it more enjoyable for those who are starting fresh, and quite honestly being rid of those who cant cope is a good riddance.

Deleted
    why not just make another expan with all the changes????? it will fail anyway even if they basicly labled a new expan wow2.. wows just an old game it had its boom day and a very lucky launch if it was released a few years earilyer / l8er it probs would have failed. it entered the gaming market in the home pc boom. EQ was released prior and wow was a rip off of an already popular game. wow 2 doesnt have all those factors going for it.

it would be released into a market with loads of competetors and people trying to live a healty lifestyle rather than a gaming one these days. it just would not work. not now anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    They should focus on improving WOW much more than what they are doing atm. It is becoming very obvious that they are starving the game of creative design ideas and game is suffering big time because of it. Many of the developers seem to be burned out and are happy to leave for new projects - causing the ppl left to burn out even faster and bringing out less quality content.

Blizzard needs to really get their focus back. There is no excuise for sending out the crap we have seen so far in CATA. 600.000 subs lost isn't that much - compared to what could happen in next two years.
    blizzards first step is getting rid of activision i mean the only decent game they made was xmaen wolverine and tony hawks pro skater 2,

there brining there fail from call of duty mw2 to warcraft, get out of blizzard activision ur not even worth to be part of this game go back to xbox. i heard at blizzcon 2010 that there considering more customisation on characters as there's nothing to make u original looking, well in about 5 months when blizzcon 2011 comes we will know whats coming

If you look at Blizzards release schedule with the other franchises, the earliest possible timeline for a release of wow 2 would be in 10 to 15 years

That version of wow would be for the next generation of players. Some current wow players would still drool over it, but to be actively playing it again in 10 to 15 years would just be sad.

Deleted
    I just hope that when WoW does eventually 'die' there will be an enjoyable, immersive and interesting MMORPG to turn to. One that caters to PvE and PvP enthusiasts whilst having solid lore and roleplaying opportunities.