Poll: Do u think Death knights should get disarm

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikni View Post
    I think so, they should also get a silence, interrupt, roots, dots, instants, snares, pets, magic shields, self heals, res, and.... oh wait!
    Oh noes they have "instants" did you think that one through?

Deleted
    I as a death knight myself would love this..

Altho, no.. We got plenty of tools, we are in a fine spot as of now in pvp..

Better yet: Move Dancing Rune Weapon to a first tier talent, and make it steal your opponents weapon to do your bidding. Also, if the target is dual wielding, it should steal both of them forming a Mega-Weapon out of their two weapons and yours. This Mega-Weapon will then aoe an arena and 1 shot everyone (including your teammates).

Yea that sounds a lot better.

OT: No.

Like everybody has said. DKs have plenty of an arsenal already so no way.

Any melee dumb enough to fight a DK toe to toe without "jousting" him to minimize his healing potential is dead anyway with or without a disarm.

And a DK protecting a healer can simply root and death grip a target.

DKs having disarm really wouldn't change anything in PVP. Would only really impact PVE in which case, I don't see how some tanks can be justified as having it while others don't.

But at the end of the day, you really don't need it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    As a warrior...hell no, they already ninjad our spell reflect and made it better. Disarm is off limits.
    How is a 1min cd that makes a copy of a spell you can use, while you get hit by the spell yourself any better than a 10 sec cd actual spell reflect?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Any melee dumb enough to fight a DK toe to toe without "jousting" him to minimize his healing potential is dead anyway with or without a disarm.

And a DK protecting a healer can simply root and death grip a target.

DKs having disarm really wouldn't change anything in PVP. Would only really impact PVE in which case, I don't see how some tanks can be justified as having it while others don't.

But at the end of the day, you really don't need it.
    Warriors say hi. I think they be tanks right?

And warriors can generally fight a DK toe to toe and sometimes win. If frost the DK really should do a bit of kiting here.

But I do love playing as a healer with a dk.
    Me: I need to drink.
    Him: K, Ill keep everything over here for an hour or so.
    Its fantastic seeing everything trying to run to me and its just like, hungering cold, death grip, howling blast, roots all round, Im at full mana trololol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    As a warrior...hell no, they already ninjad our spell reflect and made it better. Disarm is off limits.
    That's because rogues ninja'd our disarm and made it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    if DKs get a disarm rogues should get titan's grip

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Warriors say hi. I think they be tanks right?
    Trying to sound smart doesn't work when you don't understand what you are replying to.

My original post...
    I don't see how some tanks can be justified as having it while others don't.
    The point here is, warriors DO have disarm as tanks where as paladins, druids, and DKs do not. The whole idea is how can you justify warriors having it when other tanks do not. But like I said, at the end of the day it really doesn't matter because DKs are already the best tanks if played properly and hopefully they won't get nerfed for being overpowered because most DK tanks are just terrible and can't perform to that level. LoL at soloing heroic bosses.

Deleted
    I distinctly recall early Death Knights:

Best PvP spec: Unholy
    Best Tank spec: Unholy
    Best DPS spec: Unholy

Yeah no! DKs have a large enough tool-set as is.

Nah, we do not need a Disarm.
    The only thing we needed since the class was first introduced was a way to stop healers (since they removed our HoT removal to make plague strike do more damage....yeah...it still hits like a wet paper towel), and we got that in Cata (Necrotic Strike).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    The point here is, warriors DO have disarm as tanks where as paladins, druids, and DKs do not. The whole idea is how can you justify warriors having it when other tanks do not. But like I said, at the end of the day it really doesn't matter because DKs are already the best tanks if played properly and hopefully they won't get nerfed for being overpowered because most DK tanks are just terrible and can't perform to that level. LoL at soloing heroic bosses.
    Um disarm is a generic warrior ability not just a tanking skill. That's like saying that since druids & DKs get a battle res that warriors & pallies should get it too since 2 of the 4 tank classes get it.

---------- Post added 2011-05-12 at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    The only thing we needed since the class was first introduced was a way to stop healers (since they removed our HoT removal to make plague strike do more damage....yeah...it still hits like a wet paper towel), and we got that in Cata (Necrotic Strike).
    Because each spec didn't have a way of stopping a healer? Hungering Cold (frost), pet (unholy but tbh all 3 specs get to summon a pet), deathgrip (all 3 specs), strangulate (all 3 specs again), mind freeze (again all 3 specs), and army of the dead (yet again all 3 specs). The only healer DKs had a problem with were druid healers because they are a hot class that has massive mobility which is the same class that all melee has problems with.

You'll get Disarm the day enh shaman recieve a Stun, Legit CC, Execution ability, dmg to par with other melee, or a built up nuking ability
    Quote Originally Posted by Margrim
    "Heroism sounds like an old lady picking flowers
    Bloodlust sounds like Freddy Krueger dualwielding Gnomes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Demichelis View Post
    Phantasmagorical novelization, oh great one. Art thou enraged?

No way.. Death Knights already have too many utilities.
    If they get a disarm why not get a fear as well? Or maybe a shield like Priests?
    I mean... cmon!!

Deleted
    This can only be a joke, they have enough "cd's" to pop as it is, let alone giving them something else

Deleted
    No.

PS: My main is a Death Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Because each spec didn't have a way of stopping a healer? Hungering Cold (frost), pet (unholy but tbh all 3 specs get to summon a pet), deathgrip (all 3 specs), strangulate (all 3 specs again), mind freeze (again all 3 specs), and army of the dead (yet again all 3 specs). The only healer DKs had a problem with were druid healers because they are a hot class that has massive mobility which is the same class that all melee has problems with.
    I'm talking MS effects (Hell, we even got a stronger one than I hoped for. I was actually hoping for like a 5% MS or something weaker than most other classes), Hungering Cold does NOTHING to stop that person from being healed. Actually it may help them TO be healed, because if you have someone frozen, odds are you don't want to break that CC if you are trying to burn their buddy. What if that buddy is a resto sham or druid? Or hell, even a priest or pally who can renew or holy shock? They can toss hots/instants on the frozen person so they can heal up while frozen.

Mind Freeze and Death Grip do nothing to stop instant cast heals (most Druid Hots, Rip Tide (or Natures Swiftness for both Shaman and Druid), Holy Shock, ect).

See where I'm going with this? I'm not talking about stopping the HEALER from being able to cast, I'm talking about being able to reduce the amount they can heal by (again....like MS which nearly every class had by the end of WotLK except DK.)

Pretty much all the DK abilities to interrupt and silence are weaker when nowadays even letting a healer get out ONE heal means a full, or nearly full, hp bar for them or someone else. We needed the heal reduction that came with NS.

And yes I'm talking about team PVP, not 1v1. This game is not balanced around 1v1 and it never will be.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Hells yeah! Just kidding.