hunter pvp questions

Whats the recommended spell pen? i thought it was 170, correct me if im wrong, i seem to be having issues with my traps being resisted...the 2nd thing was reforging. Ive been having issues with not having enough hast recuperation, so i have been reforging some haste into my pvp gear. im rocking 641 haste, 8% with talents. seems to be much better now, but wondering if i have sacrificed to much crit for that haste. wondering peoples thought on reforging with hunter in full vicious gear...thanks for any input. and dont link hunter guides, because ive looked and havent seen this info addressed.

Traps aren't affected by spell pen until 4.2. You should reforge out of haste/mastery for crit.

Even though traps aren't affected by spell pen yet you should be gemming for 195+, most hunters use the cloak enchant+3 50 spell pen gems for 220. This is because Chimera shot is still considered nature damage, anyone that disagrees can go look at their combat log.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharissa View Post
    Traps aren't affected by spell pen until 4.2. You should reforge out of haste/mastery for crit.
    have you personally tried messing with reforging your pvp gear to see if haste does help to a certain extent. in tests i have done i have found that sacrificing some crit for haste actually is a big dps increase due to the lack of haste on our pvp gear which severely affects our steady shot time and focus regen...

Quote Originally Posted by puffintuff View Post
    have you personally tried messing with reforging your pvp gear to see if haste does help to a certain extent. in tests i have done i have found that sacrificing some crit for haste actually is a big dps increase due to the lack of haste on our pvp gear which severely affects our steady shot time and focus regen...
    Dps increases of this kind are only relevant for raiding; pvp hunters rely on burst thus crit is the most desired stat by far. Regarding spell pen, the earlier poster who stated 195ish is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by puffintuff View Post
    No because when I want to burst someone down I pop rapid fire.