Deleted

Any advantages of air cooling over sealed water cooling?

I'm planning on buying a new system fairly soon and have been looking for good components at acceptable costs (Parts in Ireland are about 40% more expensive than the US, an example, the phenom xII would cost 181 dollars here).

So I was looking at fans, and the CoolIT ECO is the starting price point for water cooling. From all benchmarks I've seen it's an excellent cooler and is a good deal quieter than some of the larger air coolers at max load.

Are there any air coolers that can match the CoolIT ECOs performance?(most of the coolers that operate on thermo-electric heat exchange are out of my price range). I've looked at the Corsair H50 but the difference in price doesn't seem worth it when it's almost the same product.

Anyone used one of these coolers, or an air cooler of the same performance, have any comments?

Oh and I've plenty of room in the case, an NZXT Phantom, present from my gal
    Last edited by mmoc5ec8505a9d; 2011-05-13 at 01:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use a H50 on my work Comp.. Being that the Office is sitting at 90+ in the summer and I crunch large 3d models a good deal of the time -.-It hasn't shut down on me and I don't hear a ton of noise. I use a Hyper 212+ on my comp at home, it doesn't cool as well but for the price it does a damn fine job.
    My neighbor brags on his Ultra ChillTec http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...y=REVIEWS#tabs I won't knock it, he has his Comp in a enclosed desk with only a little 4 inch by 4 inch opening in the back. He hasn't fried anything yet so I guess it does the job on his i7 975 Extreme.
    Last edited by Auralian; 2011-05-13 at 03:27 AM.