Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why are people tripping on the issue of it being directed at ret paladins? This is in the paladins forum. Ret paladins DPS. The OP likely plays a paladin and is just looking for a DPS paladin's perspective. Not that hard to wrap your brain around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    One thing I didn't really get, was the steering based on total damage done on the leg, or is the mechanic triggered on succesful hits?

Meaning if you want to steer him sharp left, you would blow cooldowns to do that, or is it more a job that would suit the likes offury warrior/mutilate rogues fast-hitting style?

Anyone who can clear up exactly how that works?
    This is what really annoyed me, this is why I think it needs tweaking.
    I don't think dots affect the legs direction too, I did try popping wings to get a fast turn around but didnt seem to do much.
    If it does favour the fast hitters like rogues, i'm pretty sure the max melee any good guilds would bring is like 4.

---------- Post added 2011-05-14 at 02:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Riican View Post
    I agree with most of the comments above, Its a new mechanic and we are ALL dying for new mechanics and you cannot deny this.

If you have played since release then you know 90% of ALL mechanics in this game are just refurbished everything from Molten Core & BWD to Heroic Lich King & Halion to even Sinestra.

Although I do fail to see why this is directed at ret paladins.
    Not sure if trolling but this is the paladin forums, dps direct the legs, hur dur ret is a dps spec and this is paladin forums not hard to comprehend.
    Last edited by Peadoughbare; 2011-05-14 at 01:54 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looked awsome.. iv been watchin the Live Feeds of top Guilds doing them.. firelands is gunna be epic raid,questing hub sence BC.

I don't get why people are actually coming to this thread just to say "BUT RETS ARENT THE ONLY MELEE HURRDURR" obviously we all know this, and obviously the OP just wanted to ask people who play Paladins, their thoughts about how they liked their Paladins in this new fight. Hennce it being in Paladin Forums and being Addressed to only Ret.

Otherwise the title would have been "How do you Melee DPS feel about Lord Rhyolith"

OT: I think it will just be one of those fights that requires team-work, and sounds like it will be fun, Obviously in an encounter where you have to switch targets and such, a lot and stop dps, it will be a fight where people that only care about personal DPS will probably wipe the fight for other people. That being said i look forward to it, if i do end up worrying to raid in 4.2.