Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I will leave no comment here and will come back next build when they reput it to normal.

PEOPLE, IT'S PTR, the 3 or 4th build of a dozen. Can you wait for the : Release build to start QQing.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    I will leave no comment here and will come back next build when they reput it to normal.

PEOPLE, IT'S PTR, the 3 or 4th build of a dozen. Can you wait for the : Release build to start QQing.
    No It's pretty obvious there extremely aggressive in terms of affliction being a shadow bolt filler spec ; They said them selves

Shadow bolt only or gtfo

And so the cycle of roflcopter pvp jacking pve continues. Blizz eyes wide shut as usual. Back to yawnbolt filler then it seems... :*(

10+ Year Old Account
    Resentful, you should add a poll to this post: option A : I am PvP'er and this is clearly a PvE nerf interfering with my PvP Option B : I am PvE'er and this is clearly PvP nerf intefering with my PvE and for fullness an option to vote the other way, though I doubt it would be needed xD

Im going to assume this isnt live yet but it draws the question of why they are nerfing drain lifes damage when arcane mages are hitting for over 100k with arcane blast and nothing is being done about that. I mean maybe the spec in general might be doing too much damage I guess.... But the complexity of the rotation should allow for the higher amounts of damage. I mean it's not like we only use 2 abilities over and over and over and hit like trucks. We have at least 12 different abilities to use on any given fight. Give us a break ffs

I just can't complain anymore... blizz has been nerfing locks like crazy since Cata came out. This better not get into the actual game

I think this may actually work, if everyone complains enough we might be able to get blizzard to tie the self healing part of drain life ITNO demon armor, this would satisfy the part where you have to sac damage for self healing, but still leave it effective in pvp. or they could set it up like, in fel armor it's healing is reduced by 80%, but its dmg is increased by 25% (back to normal) and in demon armor it's healing is normal but dmg reduced by 25%

What the...

What??? Are you fucking serious? Seriously, they better buff felflame by 400% or i will fucking reroll once for all... I will wait for more developpement, but they cant nerf us like this without another buff...

Edit: I will try to be positive...they gave the lightning bolt glyph to Shamans. They will probably do something for locks, no? Maybe? damn this nerf call really piss me off, i try to stick with the class but its nerf after nerf... arcane mages pull awesome dps using 2 buttons, we have a 10 buttons rotation with 6timers. And its not like we are awesome against melees in pvp... QQ , yes big QQ
    Last edited by Morogoth; 2011-05-14 at 03:02 AM.

I'm glad I canceled last weekend.

All warlocks ever get is nerf, nerf, nerf, nerf.

Oh, and just when something turns out to work unintendedly and be fun (drain life affliction pve), they go and nerf it.

Because warlocks should NOT have fun under any circumstances. The developers tell you what shall be considered fun. How dare you come up with something yourself?

And the devs say warlocks are fun if:

- they have to do a 15 spell rotation with half a dozen addons just to do viable DPS, while other classes use 4 buttons and no addons.
    - they have zero viable ways to deal with melee in PvP.
    - they have zero viable PvP comps except in 2 or 3 gimmicky, so-bad-and-boring-I-want-to-bash-my-head-in-against-my-desk 3v3 comps.
    - their "burst" spec has been nerfed to oblivion, with all the damage moved to pets and dots.

I can go on and on, but I just don't care anymore. My account's canceled and I doubt I will log in for the remaining 25 days left.

GG Blizz, you achieved your goal. One less warlock here.

Drain Life nerfed by 25%
    Mind Flay buffed by 12%

Time to roll Spriest if we want to play affliction.
    Top 100.

Holy shit warlocks, I'm drowning in the tears here, get over it.

Edit: PvE wise, feel free to QQ about PvP because I don't PvP and have no concept of what this will do to the state of Warlock PvP

Quote Originally Posted by mkivtt View Post
    I'm glad I canceled last weekend.

All warlocks ever get is nerf, nerf, nerf, nerf.

Oh, and just when something turns out to work unintendedly and be fun (drain life affliction pve), they go and nerf it.

Because warlocks should NOT have fun under any circumstances. The developers tell you what shall be considered fun. How dare you come up with something yourself?

And the devs say warlocks are fun if:

- they have to do a 15 spell rotation with half a dozen addons just to do viable DPS, while other classes use 4 buttons and no addons.
    - they have zero viable ways to deal with melee in PvP.
    - they have zero viable PvP comps except in 2 or 3 gimmicky, so-bad-and-boring-I-want-to-bash-my-head-in-against-my-desk 3v3 comps.
    - their "burst" spec has been nerfed to oblivion, with all the damage moved to pets and dots.

I can go on and on, but I just don't care anymore. My account's canceled and I doubt I will log in for the remaining 25 days left.

GG Blizz, you achieved your goal. One less warlock here.
    I will wait for more developpements, but im almost at this point. Warlocks used to be fun for me but since Cata its not the same thing. Fear nerf, damage nerf (12%, soulswap, bane of Havoc, Dark Intent), 10 buttons rotation with 6 timers, vulnerable to every melees, etc... Also, i will look like a christmas tree in T12, a christmas tree with cartoon spiders... I have a shaman, dk, paladin, hunter and warlock level 85, Warlock is/was my favorite class, but i will wait for more developpement.

It is obvious that Drain life is not intended to be the filler for affliction since they nerfed in once at the beginning of Cata. And now that it scales better with our gears/more mastery and beats shadow bolt, they have to nerf it again. And we have to use SB instead of DL for the t12 set bonus to proc anyway so Im not surprise at all. I'm so over it since the set bonus came out.

The DL spec is fun and we have like 1-2months more to have fun with it so just make the most out of it before 4.2 hit.

Quote Originally Posted by proVoke View Post
    PVP nerfs affecting PVE.

What the hell are u smoking ?

Drain Life nerf is because of PvE where Blizztards didnt want it to become a filler

Instead of buffing Shadow Bolt's damage which would also help Demo single target they are nerfing Drain life , typical for Blizzard when it comes to Warlock class...

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Holy shit warlocks, I'm drowning in the tears here, get over it.

Edit: PvE wise, feel free to QQ about PvP because I don't PvP and have no concept of what this will do to the state of Warlock PvP
    Hey dude, you realize that our dps is balanced with souswap in pve? That why we are top dps. Since you don't pvp, you can't see why its a big nerf, drain life is our major attack in pvp, you cant cast shadowbolt cause its too vulnerable for interrupts. They need to buff felflame...

I hate that locks have to eat a huge short term nerf because it's designed to make up for the fact that drain life with outscale shadowbolt because of mastery in future tiers.

Just remove drain life from potent afflictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    Well it was silly to have a 'choice' between Shadowbolt and Drain Life, even if Drain Life was a dps loss for you, you'd still pick it for the healing it did. You shouldn't get that amount of self healing as your primary nuke.

Too all who say its now useless. No its not. Its like a Ret Paladin who uses WoG on themselves in PvE cos they are low, or a Elemental shaman that casts a heal on themselves cos they are low. You use it to keep alive. Less DPS > No Dead (ie Dead).
    Yes, why should we heal ourselves, when our primary mana gain comes from killing ourselves, we don't have spirit like shamans
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    Hey dude, you realize that our dps is balanced with souswap in pve? That why we are top dps. Since you don't pvp, you can't see why its a big nerf, drain life is our major attack in pvp, you cant cast shadowbolt cause its too vulnerable for interrupts. They need to buff felflame...
    ... I specifically said I was directing this at people complaining from a PvE aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    we are far from top dps dude
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

There isn't one fight this tier that I'm not either #1 or #2 in for dps, so yeah we're top dps right now.