Deleted

4.2 Point System

I noticed a lot of people are still struggling to understand how this will work come 4.2, so I whipped up this visual representation, maybe it will help a few of you out *Shrug*

Source on S10 arena gear name.
    Last edited by mmoce7a0623b54; 2011-05-14 at 02:56 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't recall ever hearing that Honor/Justice would be deleted, but the cap is still 4k, so if you had 2k JP and 3k VP, you'd only end up with 2k JP.

I don't know that they WON'T be deleted, either.

Edit: Also, the JP/HP vendors will still sell their old stuff in addition to the new stuff, which means the 346 gear and Bloodthirsty gear will still be there.

Thanks for doing this, btw.
    Last edited by Pythagoreant; 2011-05-14 at 02:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythagoreant View Post
    I don't recall ever hearing that Honor/Justice would be deleted, but the cap is still 4k, so if you had 2k JP and 3k VP, you'd only end up with 2k JP.

I don't know that they WON'T be deleted, either.
    Reading through the patch changes, it would appear all Honor/Justice is actually converted into gold rather than deleted, it seem's you're right :P
    Edit: updated the picture anyway thanks <3

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't find the conversion to gold in the patch notes anywhere ... all I see is that Valor is converted to Justice. Can you provide a source on that change?

Edit: This is where I am looking: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2723732

I think the conversions would be, if you had 2k JP and 3k VP, you'd end up with 4k JP and that 1k VP would get exchanged for gold. Same with HP/CP.
    Last edited by Hyanar; 2011-05-14 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Made a little hiccup in my maths.

I'm sure somebody is appreciating this.

On a side note, I was certain the Valor vendor would hold iLevel 378 loot in 4.2, being the 'Normal mode' Firelands iLevel.

- Ala http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/70912/giantflame-stompers/".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brumn View Post
    I think the conversions would be, if you had 2k JP and 3k VP, you'd end up with 2k JP and that 1k VP would get exchanged for gold. Same with HP/CP.

and I think you're a loony - no way blizzard would burn 1k of your points that can be spent on the exact same gear just because you didn't use it. That seems overly ridiculous in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post
    I noticed a lot of people are still struggling to understand how this will work come 4.2, so I whipped up this visual representation, maybe it will help a few of you out *Shrug*

Source on S10 arena gear name.
    in direct response to the chart you should add that the bloodthirsty set wont be gone from the game
    it will get upgraded to ilvl 358 blue item and will be craftable with the various professions
    tailoring=cloth
    lw=leather/mail
    bs=plate
    inscription=relics
    jc=rings/neck

the recipes are the same as what now called pyrium and will be upgraded as soon as 4.2 goes live

its not directly releated but ppl will want to know

Didn't it go "all VP downgraded to JP, and all JP in excess of 4k converted to gold"? So wouldn't that make 2k JP + 3k VP => 4k JP + 1k JP worth of gold?

15+ Year Old Account
    Right, I forgot about "in excess". I do remember that now. Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    and I think you're a loony - no way blizzard would burn 1k of your points that can be spent on the exact same gear just because you didn't use it. That seems overly ridiculous in my book.
    They wouldn't allow the carry over of VP or CP either. It can just be stacked and instantly buy t12/s10. And since the current VP and CP are going to be downgraded to JP/HP, I don't see why it would be a problem.

EDIT: Made a little hiccup in my original post :C
    Last edited by Hyanar; 2011-05-14 at 03:39 AM.

Sweet graph! But i fail to understand how this is so hard to comprehend. Blizz announced this before 4.1 was even on the PTR. To not have the same emblem cluster that they had in WotLK, there will ALWAYS BE JP and VP. With each new tier coming out, what ever is VP will be DOWN SHIFTED to JP. I understood this the moment blizz talked about this. What's so hard to understand? The following is a blue post from MARCH 4th:

A good amount of development progress had already been made on Firelands by the time we decided it would be better to release it in the following patch. Because of that, a lot of information about what is now considered 4.2 content was already in the game files for the initial 4.1 PTR build. This just reinforces what Bashiok said about 4.2 being scheduled for release on the PTR shortly after 4.1 goes live.

Development for both patches is currently well in progress.

(…) Correct. The conversion from Valor to Justice Points, as well as the release of the next Arena season, won’t happen until the release of 4.2.

As you can see, this has been settled for a while now. When they say "conversion" they mean that what you currently get with VALOR POINTS will be downshifted to JUSTICE POINTS.