Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will there ever be a new mount achievement?

Sigh at all these new companion achievements, wheres the mount ones, everyones gonna have over 150 before they decided to bring one out, anyone seen anything about one coming?

still nothing on the horizon yet, still eagerly waiting myself aswell

Yeah it's weird, no idea why arent they adding more mount achievements. Looks like there will be 150 pets achie next patch too.

Of course there will be a new mount achievement. Dunno when, but of course there will be another achievement someday.

Deleted
    I'm guessing it's because they want to give us some awesome new mount as a reward; and I guess they've prioritised other mounts right now. I'd rather wait and get the next achievement with a mount reward, than have it put in just as 10 points and have nothing to show for it, although I guess, a title would be cool too

yea surely there will be a new one some day, but i'd rather see that day sooner than later, getting 100 mounts is incredibly easy nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it rather funny.

Yes. Getting to 100 mounts is definitely easy (though having some 'lucky drops' does make it even easier), however it still takes a large amount of time and I'm pretty sure nowhere near 'everyone' even has the 100 mount achievement. In my guild (with over 100 characters) there are only two players with it.

So maybe waiting until more mounts are available isn't such a bad idea? Even then I doubt getting to 150 (whereabous) will be 'easy'.

Do you really want Blizzard to wait until there's 200+ mounts total before adding the 150 achieve. or even 250?

75% or even 60% completion.

Yes, I am counting all the mounts, even those that are no longer available and TCG.

As a side note about it being harder to get 100 mounts before, it was - there were less than 120 mounts in the game at the time when that Achievement was added - ~83%.

It still takes a lot of hard work to get 100 mounts. Somebody calling it easy really does have no time on their hands since that what this takes; a lot of time.

I started my grind for 100 back in November when I started playing. I got it last month I believe. My entire time was dedicated to getting the Blue Dragonhawk since it was my favourite mount right off the bat.
    Would I like another achv? Yes.

Deleted
    I think, they'll make some kind of a new really rare achievement mount in the future for people, like Al'ar from TK or AQ40 legendary mount from opening.

I'm sure they will add a 125 soon but past 100 it does get harder. There were a lot of mounts you could buy in TBC and WotLK from vendors. Most rep vendors were selling 6-8 mounts in TBC. In Cata though, i think there is only the 2 camels, the 2 Tol Barad ones and the 2 guild ones that are available from vendors. Hopefully the new faction in 4.2 will sell a few.

Deleted
    I'm at 138 right now (was at 140 but moved Alliance over from Horde a couple of months ago) and I'm almost 100% positive they are waiting until they can find the time to come up with 2 extra mounts so Alliance is even. Another "winterspring Frostsaber" crysis would ensue if they brought out another x mount achievement before evening them out. Due to the amount of content they are to be releasing quite soon with 4.2 I doubt this will be brought out anytime soon, but they will almost certainly be working on it after they're done patching and perfecting.

Can't wait, though, hopefully it won't be walfare and still be about as hard as 100 mounts was when I got it (stupid faction changes fucked my achievement date but I was one of the first in Europe). Too bad the dragonhawk always looked stupid, I showed it off anyway and people were awestruck but something way better needs to be rewarded for the next achievement. Either make it 130~ and release it "soon" (as in before they bring out new mounts) or make it 150 and bring it out after a new Argent Tournament Grounds type of daily-area-thing is brought out which provides extra mounts comes.

Note: I'm missing quite alot of rare mounts (Aeonaxx, TLPD, Poseidus' horse/Kharazan Fiery Reins, Ashes of Al'ar, both of the 5 man Cataclysm drakes, Al'Akir Drake/Ulduar 10 and 25 aswell as ICC 10 and 25, Cataclysm raid hero + unobtainables - Invincible/Mimiron's Head/Naxx glory of the heroes/Black Battletank and Oldschool rides) and possess none of the TCG/Blizzcon mounts.

Deleted
    They added the 125, and soon to come 150 pet achievement, so why not. I'm at 120, so I'm missing quite a few :<

Deleted
    Do want aswell. Got 106 mounts so far and there's many I'm still in hunt after so bring the achie blizz!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helrizen View Post
    Sigh at all these new companion achievements, wheres the mount ones, everyones gonna have over 150 before they decided to bring one out, anyone seen anything about one coming?
    Yes the next mount achievement will be 150, and it won't come in this expansion.

150 is still so, so many mounts.

When they do I hope it's a ground mount. I have too many cool flying ones already. D:

Deleted
    I'm sure they'll add a 125 mount achievement very soon. On the other hand, i don't think they'll add a 150 mount achievement for a while yet, simply because getting 150 mounts right now would be extremly difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    135 mounts and counting.
    All the effort to get them seem wasted without another achievement to aim for.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    I'm at 138 right now (was at 140 but moved Alliance over from Horde a couple of months ago) and I'm almost 100% positive they are waiting until they can find the time to come up with 2 extra mounts so Alliance is even. Another "winterspring Frostsaber" crysis would ensue if they brought out another x mount achievement before evening them out. Due to the amount of content they are to be releasing quite soon with 4.2 I doubt this will be brought out anytime soon, but they will almost certainly be working on it after they're done patching and perfecting.

Can't wait, though, hopefully it won't be walfare and still be about as hard as 100 mounts was when I got it (stupid faction changes fucked my achievement date but I was one of the first in Europe). Too bad the dragonhawk always looked stupid, I showed it off anyway and people were awestruck but something way better needs to be rewarded for the next achievement. Either make it 130~ and release it "soon" (as in before they bring out new mounts) or make it 150 and bring it out after a new Argent Tournament Grounds type of daily-area-thing is brought out which provides extra mounts comes.

Note: I'm missing quite alot of rare mounts (Aeonaxx, TLPD, Poseidus' horse/Kharazan Fiery Reins, Ashes of Al'ar, both of the 5 man Cataclysm drakes, Al'Akir Drake/Ulduar 10 and 25 aswell as ICC 10 and 25, Cataclysm raid hero + unobtainables - Invincible/Mimiron's Head/Naxx glory of the heroes/Black Battletank and Oldschool rides) and possess none of the TCG/Blizzcon mounts.
    lol, i got 131 and i got aeonaxx, tlpd, al'akir drake, both icc and ulduar ones (dont have the remaining of mentioned above mounts either), wonder where did u find so many.

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    lol, i got 131 and i got aeonaxx, tlpd, al'akir drake, both icc and ulduar ones (dont have the remaining of mentioned above mounts either), wonder where did u find so many.
    http://www.warcraftmounts.com
    its boring to add your collection in start but after that you'll have very good idea which mounts u still miss

Signature made by a brilliant and hyper-talented artist Sokogeka