View Poll Results: Do you think the Acid in the eyes punishment is right?

Voters
784. This poll is closed
  • Yes

506 64.54%
  • No

278 35.46%
Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Not so. The golden rule invalidates the other.

You cannot live by both rules. If you live by "do unto others..." you cannot logically turn around and employ "eye for an eye", because if you do, you implicitly say that you would want the punishment visited upon you as well.

One is a good rule for how you behave towards others, the other is a recipe for vengeance and a circle of hatred.
    the golden rule works because of the consequences that come from "eye for an eye."

if you treat people like shit, they will eventually retaliate by treating you like shit, employing "eye for an eye" to validate "the golden rule."

ultimately, utilizing the golden rule will help you avoid eye for an eye.

don't throw acid in another person's face if you don't want it thrown in yours.

in the absence of society and community, eye for an eye is the only form of justice, even if it's not 100% literal.

don't get me wrong, this is very simplified, but nothing is all encompassing and i'm getting my point across in anycase.
    He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. --Albert Einstein

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachopie View Post

Yes, all of humanity is full of murderous, raping criminals and if you don't do that you laugh at the crimes committed. However, you are perfect and do not fit under this measurement of the entire world. Just because you are angry doesn't mean you get to act like a moneky and make generalized statements like this which are completely wrong.
    You're the one that seems angry brah. I don't even get what your reply has to do with what I wrote. My point was Justice is a joke in a race that only cares about polarizing issues. I personally think it's a thousand times worse to have some guy torture the shit out of you for hours until you die agonizing and disfigured, only to be remembered as some whack job's bloody victim then when Uncle billy puts his hand on your pipi but whatever.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    its obvious a man like that is'nt human so in my eyes he doesnt deserve "human rights" hes an animal what he did was sick and now he will pay for it.

Im biased with an eye for an eye and i dont beleive in capital punishment for many reasons but meh iran dont play by our rules.

Sig by Cocoacross ~

I am not surprised that Iran has such barbaric laws.

I am very ashamed about people who should know better but just babble nonsence in some lust for blood. We are the civiliced part of this world. Act like it ffs.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    sounds more like some guy with a personality disorder, maybe some autism too
    Having autism myself, I find a bit of offense to that. But I'd rather not start an argument with someone on an internet forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    sounds more like some guy with a personality disorder, maybe some autism too
    Which is in no possible way an excuse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    Which is in no possible way an excuse.
    Actually it isn't. The whole "sorry I just can't help it" is such a slippery slope it's better to punish people that can't help themselves then let manipulative fucks gets away with it.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Having autism myself, I find a bit of offense to that. But I'd rather not start an argument with someone on an internet forum.
    all im saying is that severe autism makes you unable to discern other peoples feelings, combine that with an obsessive compulsion of another person and u have a bad situation...

10+ Year Old Account
    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Apparently so does acid

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Actually it isn't. The whole "sorry I just can't help it" is such a slippery slope it's better to punish people that can't help themselves then let manipulative fucks gets away with it.
    it doesnt mean that they get away, but it means that they need help... still need to be removed from society until (if) they can reenter it again...
    Besides, remember that psychologists needs to approve this

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    its obvious a man like that is'nt human so in my eyes he doesnt deserve "human rights" hes an animal what he did was sick and now he will pay for it.
    You are an animal, we all are.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You reap what you sow

This punishment is literally "Eye for an Eye"

Deleted
    Since he just threw it at her like that, its seems very possible that he's not right in his head.. People like that cant be held accountable for what they do, as they dont understand it themselves. They need to be locked up, so they dont do it again.. but you cant treat them like that.

Allso, people saying that "you'd want to do the same to him if he did that to you".. yeah sure I would.. doesnt mean I should be allowed to do so.

No ofc not. The right thing to do is to put him in jail for like 20-5 years to rot. Leting the victim blind him using the same method is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I have always been in favour of eye for an eye. It's nice little pre-emptive system.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Gandhi

Also, stop excitate yourselves with moronic medias you stupid monkeys. Keep your crap for yourself thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerpoker View Post
    Since he just threw it at her like that, its seems very possible that he's not right in his head.. People like that cant be held accountable for what they do, as they dont understand it themselves. They need to be locked up, so they dont do it again.. but you cant treat them like that.
    Those people can and should be held accountable.

Stood in the Fire MeleeSpriestDK's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blinded by acid... sounds like the worst punishment in the world.

Gamers never Die

Quote Originally Posted by MeleeSpriestDK View Post
    Blinded by acid... sounds like the worst punishment in the world.
    Not as bad as having a bucket of acid thrown at your face.

That being after countless operations, still left blinded of course. The offender will get off easy by only having the acid dripped in his eyes.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin535 View Post
    Not as bad as having a bucket of acid thrown at your face.

That being after countless operations, still left blinded of course. The offender will get off easy by only having the acid dripped in his eyes.
    ... holy sh!%